WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 15)

195K views 3K replies 150 participants last post by  MStillwood 
#1 · (Edited)
#2,405 ·
OK, now that the ban on me posting pictures (that was probably instigated by Mr LifeTrekker) has been lifted take a look at this.

Wood Watch accessory Strap Watch Hardwood

Do ya all see what we got here. A watch turning its back on a leather strap. And not just any old watch either. That's Justadad's #23 Kiger! In only two short weeks I have cast my influence on that Kiger and made it see the light. Oh sure, when it returns home it will probably deny the whole thing but I have photographic proof!!

#2,411 · (Edited)
OK, now that the ban on me posting pictures (that was probably instigated by Mr LifeTrekker) has been lifted take a look at this.

View attachment 8267890

Do ya all see what we got here. A watch turning its back on a leather strap. And not just any old watch either. That's Justadad's #23 Kiger! In only two short weeks I have cast my influence on that Kiger and made it see the light. Oh sure, when it returns home it will probably deny the whole thing but I have photographic proof!!
It looks to me like that Kiger turned its back on the strap for another reason. To uhh, how should I put this... To display it's posterior to the strap in a show of willingness for a "hook-up", if you know what I mean. It is spring you know.

Sent via the grapevine

Follow me on Instagram @lifetrekker_

#2,412 · (Edited)
That strap was made for that watch. Literally. It was made FOR that watch!!

Made by JZ. Someone who without question knows dive watches better than every person on this thread combined!! Everything is better with a bit of leather! That's my contribution, and I learned that without knowing anything about watches!!

#2,424 ·
The rivet bracelet arrived:
This is from eBay seller riyi002 at $22.99 / £16. Quality is ok, easy to resize and very comfy.

I just need a white seconds hand now. Is Tiger Concept the only place for that?

ps. 10Pip for Rob - a bit late but I couldn't post photos before.
Not sure why you'd want a white seconds hand. It's stunning the way it is. The new bracelet is SICK!

#2,431 ·
Brothers: anybody out there know the lug to lug distance on the Tiger Concept 5508 V5 Big Crown? I know this information should be easy to come across somewhere, but I have failed thus far. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, and happy Memorial Day. And good luck to everyone at the 11 am free for all. Peace.

#2,437 ·
Compliance to both #MilSubMonday & #HeavyMetalMonday :)

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Interestingly, I found that my wrist size had increased from 6.25" to 6.75" for the past 6 months and had to shift 2 micro-adjustment holes to make it a nice fit. :)
Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Man, this OVM is really beautiful. Do I need another MilSub to keep it company?
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

In less than 4 hours, it will know. :-d

#2,453 ·
Compliance to both #MilSubMonday & #HeavyMetalMonday :)

View attachment 8274578
Interestingly, I found that my wrist size had increased from 6.25" to 6.75" for the past 6 months and had to shift 2 micro-adjustment holes to make it a nice fit. :)
View attachment 8274602

Man, this OVM is really beautiful. Do I need another MilSub to keep it company?
View attachment 8274626
In less than 4 hours, it will know. :-d
Well, my OVM will have 2 smaller twin brothers joining him. Hopefully, they will meet up by mid Nov this year. :-d

Anyway, it was a crazy experience preordering my 3 pieces of NTH. 2 went up $25 each and 1 went up $50 by the time I finished payment. o|

#2,438 · (Edited)
I'm kinda in the same boat regarding the NTH pre-order today. Do I want another sub? Of course. Do I need another sub? If I'm honest with myself, the answer is no. Now the big question is, do I want any of Doc's subs bad enough to pull the trigger? I don’t quite know the answer to that right now. I guess I'd better decide quick.

Edit: And I suppose I should add that Mrs. LT would not be very happy with me, and I don't have enough money in my PayPal account to shield the purchase from her, as it would be going on the Credit Card. She has been remarkably understanding of my watch hobby up to this point, but I fear that a watch purchase right now might push her tolerance over the edge.

Sent via the grapevine

#2,439 ·
I'm kinda in the same boat regarding the NTH pre-order today. Do I want another sub? Of course. Do I need another sub? If I'm honest with myself, the answer is no. Now the big question is, do I want any of Doc's subs bad enough to pull the trigger? I don't quite know the answer to that right now. I guess I'd better decide quick.

Edit: And I suppose I should add that Mrs. LT would not be very happy with me, and I don't have enough money in my PayPal account to shield the purchase from her, as it would be going on the Credit Card. She has been remarkably understanding of my watch hobby up to this point, but I fear that a watch purchase right now might push her tolerance over the edge.

Sent via the grapevine

Better to ask forgiveness than permission!!

#2,442 ·
same boat only with the santa cruz. just consolidated three cards and wiped out the balances, along with canceling my amex and my PP balance is there to pay for something i have in the watch hospital. i cannot stomach the idea right now of increasing any balances even $400. Plus i don't really want to flip anything I own.

money and opportunity never seem to align :(

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

#2,444 ·
I commiserate with all my brothers who are struggling with the new watch dilemma. Do l too need another Sub? No. Do I want to feed the watch monkey on my back? Yes! Fortunately I have gotten the wife to ok this purchase. It'll be the Amphion modern to compliment my OVM. But it'll be the last new watch I see until next year. And I have to thin the herd, so some of the less worn ones will be going up on the block, while others will go to the DAV thrift store. *sigh* If only I were a man of unlimited means I'd have all the watches. :D

#2,447 · (Edited)
Jay, dunno if this helps, but I've got a Rolex Sub, but that doesn't stop me from wanting others. It stops me from buying the Amphion Modern, but there are seven others offered up...

Also, just to make a little trouble, the Kingston itself is a waypoint towards the Rolex, no? For $400, you can get another with similar DNA and see whether you really like it. I had the Nacken Modern prototype for a week, and I can tell you it punches way above weight class. At $400, it's not just a good value; it's a good watch. So, the Rolex doesnt keep me from buying an NTH; question is, would the NTH have scratched the Rolex itch? Maybe...

#2,452 ·
Also, just to make a little trouble, the Kingston itself is a waypoint towards the Rolex, no?
No.

Class by itself.

(See, it wasn't too much trouble to clear that up.)

And back on the topic of truth in advertising, as a Kingston owner, I must say that this official MkII ad has lived up to its hype in every respect. Here's looking at you, Awesome Watch.

#2,449 · (Edited)
The heaviest of Monday's for this submersible homage with its new bracelet in today.
The he only fly in my ointment, is that I could use a micro adjustment
View attachment 8275882
I picked up the same bracelet for my ny040-09w, and you're right it could use a micro adjustment. But otherwise it's a great bracelet for the price.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.