WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 21)

151K views 3K replies 128 participants last post by  jaliya48 
#1 · (Edited)

Welcome to BSHT Part 21!

Guess what? We're 21, and finally legal to drink "adult beverages" anywhere in the world. Whew! I thought we'd never make it.

After leading us through parts 12 to 20, I was asked by Franco if I would be willing to take over as captain of the BSHT, and with absolutely no reluctance I agreed.

It is a great honor to be entrusted with the leadership of the great ship BSHT, and I want to thank our previous 2 captains James (Fullers1845) and Franco (fmadrid) for thinking of me for this task. It is my hope to be able to lead us well while at the same time keeping this motley crew of miscreants in line. This is no small task, as I'm sure you can imagine.

And as always, let's continue to keep this place the friendliest, safest, and most special corner of the interwebs in the world. Keep showing us your Submariner homages, as well as all the other great watches that tickle your fancy. Leather, steel, and nylon adorned are always welcome, (but of course, leather is preferred). And don't forget to including the occasional irreverent posts and stories, and the always welcome (well, usually welcome) bikini posts.

Live Long and Prosper.

And long live the BSHT!

Cheers! Jay

Here are the links to the previous threads:

Best Submariner Homage?

Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 3)

Best Submariner Homage (part 4)

Best Submariner Homage (part 5)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 6)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 7)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 8)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 9)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part X)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 11)'

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 12)

Part 13 - deleted

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 14)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 15)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 16)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 17)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 18)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 19)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part XX)

And the Repository of BSHT compiled by Imitrex.[/QUOTE]

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm legal as well took me 21 pages to join the brotherhood, well still about to purchase the 8926OB, will the watch accept a generic swiss eta movement just for longevity purposes?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the BSHT jsizzie_2004!

No need to replace the Seiko made NH35A movement in the 8926OB with a Swiss one. It's a workhorse movement in it's own right and nothing to be looked down upon. And it will give years of service. In any case, an ETA movement won't fit in the Invicta case anyway.

With regards to you other questions from just before the jump, the generic bezel inserts sized for the Rolex 16610 and 16800 will fit the Invicta 8926OB bezel. Just search eBay for a great selection.

And with regards to Mercedes hands to fit the Seiko made movement in the 8926OB, check out Dagaz Watch. They have a good selection and great service.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#11 · (Edited)
Whew, made the jump ...

Btw ...
Explosion Rock World

In case you might be too excited, it's not a Sub. :-d

#12 ·
:-!

Attachments

#13 ·
Hey all not been around for a while, combination of reasons one been switched phones and tapatalk notifications just stopped and i think the other reason as since getting the a9 im kind of settled with my watch collection so im trimming the collection down to 4 so im rcc these two pm me if interested.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#24 · (Edited)
$hi7, I leave for a few days, and we have a jump, Jay is taking over, and Don got guilty now?

Have a great day y'all !! I will probably see you in the next chapter.

God bless y'all !

G.

Oh yeah, and #BCT ! Here is one with lots of patina... Ultra rare Titus Calypsomatic Big Signed Crown ! ??

Attachments

#34 ·
Ciao Fratelli! So here's a naive question but you're the only gang of misfits whom I trust to answer it. How do (logistically) trades work? Who ships to who and when, etc?

As promised, here are a few items for the PIF program. Please keep in mind that I still haven't found a red NATO and that I'm not 100% sure if I'm willing to part with the red/BLUE ZULU yet. You'll understand why I say that when you see it paired with one particular watch. The little Quartz here is a cheapy but I like the dial design and it looks like an expensive piece from more than a few feet away. In case it needs to be said, PADI not included... Hahaha

Grammatical and formatting errors brought to you compliments of my crappy phone!

#37 ·
I received this today. :)
Electronics Box Material property Technology Electronic device

White Plastic Room Paper Table

Plastic wrap Rectangle Metal

Font Rectangle Games Number

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

These are the first Kickstarter watches of the 4 projects I backed last year to reached me. And yup, it's not a Sub.

But what caught my eye for these is it's simplicity design (for a chrono), sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel insert, 200 wr, meca-quartz, and best of all, NO DATE!

To be continue ... :)

#41 ·
Good Morning Brothers,

Welcome to the newcomers and to our new Captain Jay. Here's a reminder of the basic rules around here. We don't follow many others, but these are critical:
1. Don't be a dick.
2. We're pretty supportive around here. Most of us have never met face to face, but don't let that stop you from being the good guy and helping out a fellow brother.
3. Pictures. LOTS OF THEM.
4. Bring your sense of humour. If you left it in your other pants, then see rule #1.

I'll start my part 21 entry with a bit of my history. Before I got into sub homages, I have been into vintage divers and vintage military pieces. I've since moved away from the military stuff with only a couple pieces remaining. But I realized that I've still got vintage divers aplenty. Maybe it's a bit romantic, but they're from an era of simpler times, and they're also carrying a great deal of history with them still, whether it's in the back story behind a particular brand or revolutionary technology from back in the day, or if it's from the specific scars and wabi that these particular watches have as a result of their wear and tear and maybe even some cool stories of their own.

Enough talk. Pictures. Here's most of my vintage divers. Each one is unique in it's own special way, whether it's the case shape, movement, dial design, etc. Funny thing is that maybe only 1 or 2 could be considered a sub homage, but if you go back far enough there's distant DNA in most of them.

Attachments

#64 ·
Good Morning Brothers,

Welcome to the newcomers and to our new Captain Jay. Here's a reminder of the basic rules around here. We don't follow many others, but these are critical:
1. Don't be a dick.
2. We're pretty supportive around here. Most of us have never met face to face, but don't let that stop you from being the good guy and helping out a fellow brother.
3. Pictures. LOTS OF THEM.
4. Bring your sense of humour. If you left it in your other pants, then see rule #1.

I'll start my part 21 entry with a bit of my history. Before I got into sub homages, I have been into vintage divers and vintage military pieces. I've since moved away from the military stuff with only a couple pieces remaining. But I realized that I've still got vintage divers aplenty. Maybe it's a bit romantic, but they're from an era of simpler times, and they're also carrying a great deal of history with them still, whether it's in the back story behind a particular brand or revolutionary technology from back in the day, or if it's from the specific scars and wabi that these particular watches have as a result of their wear and tear and maybe even some cool stories of their own.

Enough talk. Pictures. Here's most of my vintage divers. Each one is unique in it's own special way, whether it's the case shape, movement, dial design, etc. Funny thing is that maybe only 1 or 2 could be considered a sub homage, but if you go back far enough there's distant DNA in most of them.
I have to stop looking at your pictures... I want to stay away from vintage because of past experiences. I really want to but you make it so damn TWSS.

#43 ·
Made the jump! Thank you for the breakdown and the beautiful pics, Brother *****!

Happy Thursday, Brotato Chips. The weekend beckons. Hang tight.

Sent the hard way from my Commodore 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.