Thread: CASIO SOLAR ATOMIC WATCH PROBLEMS

CASIO SOLAR ATOMIC WATCH PROBLEMS

I purchased a Casio solar atomic watch in 2009. Every few months the watch goes blank and the time stops. Pushing any of the four buttons on the watch does nothing. Then at a later time, several minutes to several hours the watch powers back up and then I have to recalibrate the hands and I can set the time again(manual is a must to complete this task). The watch meter level is always at high when the watch stops, so I don't think it's a low power issue. I called Casio and they recommend that I send back the watch to be recalibrated. They could not give me a price on how much that might cost. My question is does anyone else have a similiar problem with their Casios and is it worth while to send it in for a repair? I like the watch otherwise, but it is to undependable for daily use. Thanks

That's funny you posted this because my pathfinder had this problem for the first time yesterday. I banged it on a table and it came back on and said there was no battery when It had been full. Then it turned off again and wouldn't respond. I put it in the window bay before I went to bed and when I woke up it was fully charged. I had to go to work and I'm going to check it when I get home in about an hour. I'll let you know my findings. Have you tried leaving it in the sun for an extended period of time yet?

-Drew

Re: CASIO SOLAR ATOMIC WATCH PROBLEMS

Yes I have left it in the sun and when I check it later, I can recalibrate it again. It has not happened since last September, so it seems to be overdue for another malfunction. sorry to hear you had a problem with your watch, but it is nice to know that's it is not just me. thanks

Hmmmmm. I currently own 7 Atomic solars and out of all 7, the one that is behaving oddly is my oldest one. I think most likely the capcitor needs to be changed. I don't know how old your watch is or which model you have...but the model I'm having problems withis my GW1200, which is an older model from around 2002-2003 that I bought in 2005. All my other Atomic solars are fine.

Got home and the damn watch is doing the same thing! Guess it's time to contact Casio. Good luck with yours too.

-Drew

The watch is a GW-2500 BD purchased in November 2009.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Try making sure it is fully charged all the time. The full charge is much lower on older watches. Maybe your watch is older than 2009? Maybe it's just bad luck in getting a drained battery, one of the functions could have been left on for a year or so by accident.

The batteries have to be replaced eventually even with the solar watches.
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

They'll probably replace it for free or at a low cost, I think their "repairs" amount to a module switch at a standard price.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Thread Information