Converse Watches?

Thread: Converse Watches?

Converse Watches?

Has anyone had any experience with Converse Watches?

Converse as in the shoes.
    Apparently, now that they're owned by Nike, they're expanding the brand.
    Saw this on their site, which doesn't look too bad for a military inspired chronograph.

Couldn't find any information on who actually produces them for Converse.
    Does anyone know bychance?
    According to the Amazon listing, it has a Japanese Quartz. So that rules out my immediate thought of PRC manufacturing.

I'm a bigger collector of Converse shoes than watches, so it would be kind of cool to bridge those two worlds together. Just want to know that it's not overpriced junk.
    Akribos XXIV, Bulova, Benrus, Citizen, Elgin (2), Emporio Armani, Eterna, Ferrocarril De Antioquia, Fortis, Gruen, Hamilton (5), Kenneth Cole, Mido, Mondaine, Orient (5), Paul Breguette, Rado (2), Swiss Army, Stuhrling, Technos, Tissot, Universal Geneve, Wakmann/Sherco, Zodiac (2). And it just keeps growing, yet I've got a ton I probably should unload...

Re: Converse Watches?

That particular Logo is not doing it for me.

I think this one would have worked better.

Name:  Converse-logo-F92AAE1D2F-seeklogo.com.gif
Views: 81557
Size:  1.4 KB
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

Quote Originally Posted by TNT13 View Post
    That particular Logo is not doing it for me.

I think this one would have worked better.

Name:  Converse-logo-F92AAE1D2F-seeklogo.com.gif
Views: 81557
Size:  1.4 KB
    That is a classic design, but I guess they were going for more of the vintage font.

Akribos XXIV, Bulova, Benrus, Citizen, Elgin (2), Emporio Armani, Eterna, Ferrocarril De Antioquia, Fortis, Gruen, Hamilton (5), Kenneth Cole, Mido, Mondaine, Orient (5), Paul Breguette, Rado (2), Swiss Army, Stuhrling, Technos, Tissot, Universal Geneve, Wakmann/Sherco, Zodiac (2). And it just keeps growing, yet I've got a ton I probably should unload...

I like that more than I expected to. Not my normal style at all but it has a funky look to it and is definitely in keeping with the style of the shoes.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Thats pretty sweet. I might look into one of those as an extra to my autos.

I doubt you will ever find the 'builder' of this watch. It comes from the Chinese and branding is not their forte. They sell on price. Anyone can get their name on a dial if they order in sufficient quantity. This is a good example. (The Japanese supply most of the quartz movements for Chinese production. Their movements are actually cheap enough so Chinese makers can add the panache of "Japan Mvmt" )

Personally the bezel is awful but I like the dial. Heuer made something similar in the 80's but not in a chrono and the dial was actually full lume.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Cool watch!! I like it!!!!!!

Don't care for the bezel in this photo, but I know how subjective things are in photos. May see it in another and like it. Otherwise, the strap is not to my style but think it's a neat looking timepiece. It'd look good on a less bulky nylon.

Thread Information