Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage - Page 7
Like Tree847Likes

Thread: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 404
  1. #61
    Member bobski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pisa, Italy
    Posts
    532

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Quote Originally Posted by jim teo View Post
    I have 18-18,5cm wrist but the size of the watch make me hesitate.
    Lug to lug distance is OK for me. The only thing that bothers me is the size of the dial. Almost 40mm glass diameter is a little bit risky to buy without trying it on first.
    I promised myself not to wear bigger than 42mm again but I'm really excited with 1970.

    Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    Hah sounds like we are in similar boats! Good luck either way you go.

  2. #62
    Member jim teo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    68

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    Hah sounds like we are in similar boats! Good luck either way you go.
    When you are ready to pull the trigger, just let me know your decision.
    I'm still waiting for some wristshots to see if the inner bezel makes the watch look smaller.
    Dan, real pro I have to admit, sent me a wristshot of his 1970 but he warned me that his wrist is very very thin like his wife.
    It's difficult to imagine how it looks on a normal wrist.
    Anyway, here's the photo.....



    Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    556

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    It looks freaking awesome, but huge. In my experience watches with inner bezels and glass all the way to the edge look bigger than their exterior bezel counterparts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Member jim teo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    68

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Quote Originally Posted by tritto View Post
    It looks freaking awesome, but huge. In my experience watches with inner bezels and glass all the way to the edge look bigger than their exterior bezel counterparts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You think so? That's bad news.
    I was expecting the opposite.

    Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    watchdaddy1 likes this.

  5. #65
    Member sinner777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,546

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Guys...you are not helping me at all.

    I have no issue with dimensions.


    I have a issue with impulse buys

    sent from my LV using Gucci

  6. #66
    Member saltddirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    741

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Quote Originally Posted by sinner777 View Post
    Guys...you are not helping me at all.

    I have no issue with dimensions.


    I have a issue with impulse buys

    sent from my LV using Gucci
    Same here, so albeit my resolution not to buy any I pulled the trigger this morning, 1963 with metallic bezel.
    I know that frequenting this place spells doom for the wallet...

    D

    Still awesome watch...... LOL
    watchdaddy1, Rocat and dbje like this.
    Driving Reliably round Britain for Guide Dogs: Hidden Content

  7. #67
    Member Wahlaoeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    467

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Worn and wound has a review with some real life pictures

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    watchdaddy1 likes this.

  8. #68
    Member jim teo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    68

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Quote Originally Posted by sinner777 View Post
    Guys...you are not helping me at all.

    I have no issue with dimensions.


    I have a issue with impulse buys

    sent from my LV using Gucci
    Ha, ha, ha......you are not the only one.
    Every watch enthusiast has the same issue even if he owns really expensive pieces.
    Besides that, I think that both of them, 1963 & 1970, are awesome.
    I know nothing about their quality but the design is amazing.

    Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    watchdaddy1 likes this.

  9. #69
    Member jim teo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    68

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Quote Originally Posted by saltddirk View Post
    Same here, so albeit my resolution not to buy any I pulled the trigger this morning, 1963 with metallic bezel.
    I know that frequenting this place spells doom for the wallet...

    D

    Still awesome watch...... LOL
    Well done. Hope you enjoy it.
    Don't forget the wristshots.

    Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    watchdaddy1 and saltddirk like this.

  10. #70
    Member jlow28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    2,859

    Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

    Quote Originally Posted by jim teo View Post
    When you are ready to pull the trigger, just let me know your decision.
    I'm still waiting for some wristshots to see if the inner bezel makes the watch look smaller.
    Dan, real pro I have to admit, sent me a wristshot of his 1970 but he warned me that his wrist is very very thin like his wife.
    It's difficult to imagine how it looks on a normal wrist.
    Anyway, here's the photo.....



    Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    The 1970 looks great. It's nice to see some good looking classic styled watches like these at an affordable pricing. I hope the feedback to those who purchased these is good. I can't decide between the 63 or 70. Size is borderline but if these watches start getting rave reviews I'm going to crack and get one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    goody2141 likes this.
    "The race is long and,in the end, it's only with yourself..."

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. NotAMomentToLose

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 1963 homage - 240 usd WW
    By bricem13 in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 12th, 2015, 23:19
  2. FS: Heuer CS3110 1963 Carrera reissued --- $2,150
    By gigel113 in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 17th, 2015, 16:17
  3. Seagull 1963 Air Force Chronograph: An Homage Mod
    By spacetimefabric in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 9th, 2013, 23:42
  4. FS 1963 homage
    By Peter Primo in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 14th, 2012, 19:22
  5. Dan Wesley (Dan Wes) is a Great Seller!
    By magnetmandan in forum Watch Deals, Feedback & Reputation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 17th, 2010, 08:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •