Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Daboryder

Thread: De Tomaso watches. Anyone owned one, or have any experience of them?

De Tomaso watches. Anyone owned one, or have any experience of them?

As above really chaps. Have seen these on the internet, amazon seem to be a big supplier of them (here in the UK) and they look pretty cool and seem well priced...however is it too good to be true?

A De Tomaso to me is a flawed company that produced supercars in the 70's and 80's, so is this the same company or simply trading in their 'good' name?
    "The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success". - Carver, E.

Re: De Tomaso watches. Anyone owned one, or have any experience of them?

Quote Originally Posted by DCMonkey View Post
    As above really chaps. Have seen these on the internet, amazon seem to be a big supplier of them (here in the UK) and they look pretty cool and seem well priced...however is it too good to be true?

A De Tomaso to me is a flawed company that produced supercars in the 70's and 80's, so is this the same company or simply trading in their 'good' name?
    I've looked at them before @Amazon-UK site....they looked okay...I believe some models use the Miyota OS20 movement and like anything else, most of the components -if not all- are probably made/assembled in the Far East. The one I was looking at had a favorable 4.5 stars out of 5.ratings...they're priced in British pounds....in USD$ equivalent low-to-mid $100 depending on model. I'd also look at Seiko-5s and Citizen in the same price range....but of course, you rarely bump into someone wearing a DeTomaso. Personally, I don't think they're part of the now defunct Detomaso Pantera sports car. But if you're looking to purchase as part of a automotive-motoring watch collection, then, it might be worth the "test-drive".

DETOMASO Bolsena Chronograph Gents Watch...

An older thread talked about these De Tomaso watches but also check this thread too.

I have just taken delivery of a De Tomaso 'Firenze' model Chronograph calibre 0S20. There are a few colour variants of this watch. This particular one has a steel link bracelet and blue dial, the watch itself is very heavy and appears to be of good quality. It comes in a tin embossed on the lid with their logo, with black 'sponge' protection padding contained within a card outer 'picture' box, a user manual in German and English and a plastic 'credit card' 2 year warrantee card. There is I believe 5 different models in the range of which the user manual covers all. There is no indication as to the make of the movements. The parent Company is based in Germany. The website is in German.

DETOMASO-WATCHES | STARTSEITE

They're so so. The finish is not brilliant. It was delivered in a big tin box with the logo on the lid and lots of paperwork. It looks impressive but it's no better than some of the Chinese brands, i.e. Winner.
    I won't be rushing out to buy another one.
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by demag View Post
    They're so so. The finish is not brilliant. It was delivered in a big tin box with the logo on the lid and lots of paperwork. It looks impressive but it's no better than some of the Chinese brands, i.e. Winner.
    I won't be rushing out to buy another one.
    I've looked at the close up photos of Winner watches and they look really cheap, the DeTomaso ones look a lot better, but I've not handled either. Anyone got both of these who can comment?

Does it have a big block ford where the back seat should be?
    GlenRoiland likes this.

I think the car is probably better quality than the watch. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    Dave.

Thread Information