Haurex Italian watches, what's the scoop

Thread: Haurex Italian watches, what's the scoop

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Haurex Italian watches, what's the scoop

This one caught my eye

Anyone know anything about this manufacturer? Quality, movements, etc.?

Looks a lot like a Hamilton.

Re: Haurex Italian watches, what's the scoop

Quote Originally Posted by dparm1984 View Post
    This one caught my eye

Anyone know anything about this manufacturer? Quality, movements, etc.?

Looks a lot like a Hamilton.
    There is no scoop

These are affordable fashion watches. Don't expect too much: low quality quartz movement and mineral glass is all you will get.

This new brand is absolutely not in the same category as Hamilton. It is more in the Breil, Lotus or Diesel category...

Personally I think they are too expensive. At $250 I expect more than a quartz Chinese watch.

the website: http://www.haurex.com

Well it'd make a good daily beater I guess. But for the money a Citizen, Seiko, etc. would certainly be better.

It's a sharp-looking watch nonetheless. Thanks for the info.

Haurex watches are ok. I had my eye on the San Marcos design and then I saw it in person. I have to admit, the craft of the watch looks VERY good, but I can't say about the movement/internals. Think of it as a poor mans Graham. So I bought it.

The picture of it that they have on Overstock does it no justice. 100MM Water resistant, sapphire glass and deployant. I always get compliments on it wearing it. But Zarith is right, for the price, you can find better watches.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterFromSanDiego View Post
    Haurex watches are ok. I had my eye on the San Marcos design and then I saw it in person. I have to admit, the craft of the watch looks VERY good, but I can't say about the movement/internals. Think of it as a poor mans Graham. So I bought it.

The picture of it that they have on Overstock does it no justice. 100MM Water resistant, sapphire glass and deployant. I always get compliments on it wearing it. But Zarith is right, for the price, you can find better watches.
    Hey! quick question that San Marco is that a chronograph or a datograph? I really love the looks of it but wanted a chrono and it looks as though its not. I am a little shy on paying nearly $300.00 on one...but they fantastic...the Graham reference is spot on, its what attracted me initially

thx!
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

not bad not bad...
    haurex isn't bad at all...
    i like it..
    G-Shocks and subs

I went to see the armata at the store yesterday, it was nice but i left it on the counter while looking at another watch, when i picked it up again the screw that holds the cap cover (on the watch side) fell off! Imagine, wearing it daily!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmike View Post
    I went to see the armata at the store yesterday, it was nice but i left it on the counter while looking at another watch, when i picked it up again the screw that holds the cap cover (on the watch side) fell off! Imagine, wearing it daily!
    cap cover?

and what side is the watch side?

I bought an HAUREX a couple of weeks ago! Here is a stock photo, i couldn't take one of my own.

I bought it for only USD 50! It keeps good time and i like it a lot! Got lots of compliments!

I just picked this one up. It's a pretty large watch and finished nicely. This one is a manual wind chrono and the movement is very good looking even though there is only a small window on the case back. I have no clue where the movement came from although it wouldn't surprise me if it was Chinese.

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information