WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heads Up! I saw a Bargain here! (List place) -Thread #5 (2016)

3M views 26K replies 1K participants last post by  njegos 
#1 · (Edited)
#21,885 · (Edited)
I went back and looked at my purchases from Ashford last year and discovered that most of my great buys were in December. I was surprised to discover this but they actually had great deals all the way through Christmas. I've got a couple JR's in mind that I'm keeping an eye on and if 2016 is like last year they will rotate through most of their inventory into low prices.

I had this one in my cart with the ebsave20 which brought it to $5852 with befrugal from sale price of $7780 and I didn't pull the trigger. Kicking myself as that would have been a great price on a beautiful Zenith I've been wanting for some time. I also agree the Zenith Port Royals under $2k are great buys.

#21,886 ·
Certina DS Podium C001-407-16-087-00 Men's Watch , watches
I know this has been hanging around Ashford, but wanting it every time I see it makes me thinky I need it.. just concerned it's a tad small at 38mm and 18mm lugs.
$248!!
I have a very similar looking black-dial Certina auto (DS Caimano), and it's a lovely piece-very high quality fit and finish for the price. Certina is a very underrated brand in the U.S., but is very popular and well-regarded in Europe. Given the thin bezel on the DS Podium, it might wear larger than you think. I say go for it. I don't think you'll regret it. (Wanting it every time you see it is a good sign, by the way - as I always say, "buy the watch, not the deal").

#21,889 ·
A rather fantastic Black Friday weekend for me -- and we haven't even gotten to Cyber Monday yet! Or those random deals that just popped up in mid-December last year.

$524 with 20% off and the Be Frugal rebate that's pending:

View attachment 10042330

Then the solar, Orient Daytona-style JDM Panda chrono I've been coveting for about $160; and that Schaumburg/NB Yaeger pilot-inspired watch for about $249.
Where did you find the Orient panda chrono? Looks great!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

#21,892 ·
I have a very similar looking black-dial Certina auto (DS Caimano), and it's a lovely piece-very high quality fit and finish for the price. Certina is a very underrated brand in the U.S., but is very popular and well-regarded in Europe. Given the thin bezel on the DS Podium, it might wear larger than you think. I say go for it. I don't think you'll regret it. (Wanting it every time you see it is a good sign, by the way - as I always say, "buy the watch, not the deal").
You guy's are a bad influence.. and I wouldn't have it any other way!

#21,894 ·
You guys have me looking at Certina, a brand with which I was fine with not knowing of for years, lol.

That said, this watch, for $300 and change after Befrugal rebate, titanium, Swiss, etc. is a feature-packed bargain despite the white date wheel, IMHO:
That's a great price for the DS1 in my opinion. A lot of watch for the $$$.

Here's a wrist shot of my DS Caimano. I paid just under $300 at Joma for it last year. It's one of my faves. Can't go wrong with Certina, in my opinion.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Reactions: MattFeeder
#21,899 ·
Man it's starting to get harder to hold off on some stuff. We close on a house in a couple weeks and just found out today--when wifey peed on a stick--that number two is on the way. So, I'm trying to be happy with my VSA Maverick and some straps. I sure do want a Hamilton and a JR though.

And I leave for a deployment to Africa in about 45 days. Should be back with all my tax free pay just in time for next Black Friday though...[insert evil laugh] [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.