WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Help with bracelet - adding links!

733 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ABud21 
#1 ·
So this is not my week for bracelets. After I could not figure out the Steinhart bracelet, I just received my Alpinist with aftermarket Seiko bracelet When it arrived, it was sized very small. SO I had to add a few links which were included. Problem is, I think I maybe removed the pins from the wrong links? It was hard to tell which ones to remove because there was only one left on each side. THat said, the pins that came from those holes are not cotter pins, but are too skinny to fit tightly back in. I did see a really tiny piece a couple mm long, but have no idea where it goes or how it would fit in there.

Help? I know this is usually super easy

#3 ·
Well I managed to lose both in the carpet...and broke like every cotter pin. I figured it out way too late, but I think I'm going to have to buy a new bracelet. At least I can probably still use the end links that match this one. How embarrassing, I just wasn't paying attention when I started and those came out so easy. I've never messed this up and done it probably ten times. Just in a rush - so mad. I have like no watches on a bracelet right now and it's all I wanted.

#6 ·
Yeah, i know the second one fell. The first one is somewhere in the carpet cuz I had no idea it even came out. I'm just pissed at myself - I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention.

#10 · (Edited)
You may able to pick them up with a magnet if you know the approximate area.

Otherwise, try contacting Seiko or I have ordered seiko parts from the McCaw Company. I would give them a shout as well.

That bracelet extension is exactly what I need for my SBPP003, it came with the wrong extra links and it is one link too small.

Edit: I just rememebered, the wrong extra links I received had collars with them. If you want I can send them out to you. Not sure the pins will be the same size though.

#11 ·
Thank you everyone for the suggestions - I do appreciate it. And Thanks, Goody, I'll try to find mine before I would have you go to the trouble of sending me those. I may try to find them on the ground again, but I think that's a lost cause. I see now how it works and in my rage I just didn't realize what I did, so I also have some busted cotter pins. I may try emailing Seiko though and see if I could just get a few; I feel like that's the cheapest route. I have thought about just buying a new bracelet too since I have end links that fit.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if all 20mm Seiko bracelets have the same size links? Like if I were to get another Oyster type and it was 20mm, would all the middle links be the same length? I've seen a few different ones on Amazon for the Sumo or SSC lines with different clasps. Of course, their end links wouldn't fit because of the larger cases, but if I switched the end links it would work if the middle links were the same size. I feel like an idiot, but not quite as amped as I was yesterday. I have it on the "crappy" strap right now, which isn't my favorite, but at least I can wear it. I'm totally digging the green though. So in the end, I'm at least still happy with the meat and potatoes of this thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.