Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NinthSphere

Thread: Ice and steel: The ARC-TIC Iceland Collection

Watchuseek Editor

Ice and steel: The ARC-TIC Iceland Collection

Name:  Arc-Tic Thule Green.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  190.0 KB

The ARC-TIC Iceland UT (Ultima Thule) series of sport watches is a brand designed for extreme sports and outdoor activities created by the same team that designs and manufactures the luxury brand JS Watch co. Reykjavik. Their main focus is on the active, athletic outdoorsman and woman with a style conscious lifestyle. The watches are designed to be stylish and at the same time waterproof, durable, reliable, comfortable, and versatile.

In medieval geography the term Ultima Thule refers to the mystical land far north located beyond the “borders of the known world”. The watch dial design is a classic 3-6-9 dial with a triangular Iceberg design located at 12 o’clock (without a date window) and between the luminous numerals are round luminous dots set against the glossy black dial.

The hands are the familiar combination, with arrow-shaped hour, minute and seconds hands. The watch comes with a brushed aluminum rotating bezel and there are 3 colours in the range. Red Orange and Green with a tanned leather "Nato"-style strap or a rubber strap with complementary coloured stitching. The watches retail for around EUR 440.00

Specifications

Name:  Arctic Thule Green 2.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  168.9 KB
    Solid 316l stainless steel
    42mm watch case with brushed aluminum Rotating bezel.
    Swiss made quartz movement
    Scratch resistant, anti-reflective, domed sapphire crystal
    660feet / 200 metres water resistant
    Screw down crown and case back
    Luminous hands and numbers
    Calf Nato leather strap or Rubber strap
    Each watch individually numbered
    2 year warranty
    All prices include free worldwide shipping.
    Approximate price in Euros: 440

Visit the Arc-Tic Watches website

Re: Ice and steel: The ARC-TIC Iceland Collection

I've always really liked the JS Watch Co line and have seriously considered buying one of their pieces in the past. So the fact that they're moving into affordables seems like good news to me.
    I'm afraid, though, that I don't like that design at all. Maybe I just need to see it in the flesh, but it looks to me like a watch costing a tenth as much, an eBay mushroom brand mash up of ToyWatch and Luminox.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Had me up to quartz. Nice watches & I don't typically like arrow hands, but I won't pay that much for quartz.
    omeglycine and Deledda like this.
    Bernhardt F71 095--G. Gerlach Orange Otago 151--Lew & Huey White & Red Acionna 009 White & Blue Cerberus 045 Black A Dial Phantom--Getat 6497--Omax 17 jewel manual--Seiko Premier SNP091--Vostok Amphibian Cadet Komandirskie

I had the chance to try them out last time I was in Iceland (before the official release), and I was very impressed. So much that I'll certainly get one next time I'm there myself and can claim it tax free. :-D

(admittedly the orange or red one looks, imho, much better than the green one.)

Thread Information