Imperious "Man Of War".....('PAM influenced' Invicta) Pics and short impression.
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Imperious "Man Of War".....('PAM influenced' Invicta) Pics and short impression.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Imperious "Man Of War".....('PAM influenced' Invicta) Pics and short impression.

Got it today.

This is my first Imperious so I had a lot of anticipation.

Specs for the haters :
    - 46mm case
    - White MOP dial
    - Swiss Selitta Sw200 auto (ETA clone)
    - Dark blue accents
    - Front/back Sapphire with AR coating
    - 26mm lugs (using hex screws so replacing the stock rubber strap was a breeze)
    - 300M WR
    - Superluminova
    - Polished case

In short, the build quality is very good and the Sw200 didn't disappoint in terms of accuracy and hand movement .

The rubber strap that came with it is nothing to write about (though its softer than the typical Invictas). Didn't take me long to remove the hex screws (note the side with the triangular screw is fixed) and throw a 26mm custom leather strap back on. The strap is old and show signs of wear but this is more for experimentation. On the plus side, the 26mm strap fits very nicely.

The white MOP dial is very well done and the blue accented hands simply top it off! Only thing slightly disappointing is the lack of lume on the hour markers (SPECIFICALLY this color combo) but not a biggie for me as the dial color/accents were more important to me than the lume itself. Though the lume on the hands is VERY bright so the other dial versions probably do very well in the lume department.

Now the PAM homage bit ....Now that I've seen and have the watch on my wrist, it looks more of a 'PAM influenced' design than a true homage unlike the asian MMs (I've owned 3 last year) and I'm happy for that.

Can't wait to throw a 26mm polished mesh bracelet to transform it into a 'formal dress watch' .....or a 26mm croc leather strap.

Apologize for the fingerprint smudges on the watch......didn't notice it till I copied the pics to my PC.

Cheers!

On my 7" wrist:
    Shepperdw and Illyria like this.

Re: Imperious "Man Of War".....('PAM influenced' Invicta) Pics and short impression.

There has been a lot of buzz concerning Imperious as of late. The man-o-war seems to be earning some fans. It looks like it's nice quality and I really like the blue and white combination. Looks like a very solid heavy piece. Looks great on your wrist! Enjoy it.

Re: Imperious "Man Of War".....('PAM influenced' Invicta) Pics and short impression.

Nice!

looks great on the leather strap. I like the watch. Does the crown guard dig into the back of the hand? That might be the only thing holding me back. Otherwise it looks like Invicta did a good job not overplaying this one.
    "The race is long and,in the end, it's only with yourself..."

Quote Originally Posted by jlow28 View Post
    looks great on the leather strap. I like the watch. Does the crown guard dig into the back of the hand? That might be the only thing holding me back. Otherwise it looks like Invicta did a good job not overplaying this one.
    Not at all.....watch is one of the most comfortable watches I've ever worn. The only bad thing now is I can't stop looking at more custom straps out there...LOL! Comfort factor is right up there with my Hammy X-Wind.

More pix please ; )
    ~ Daniel ~

Quote Originally Posted by SSingh1975 View Post

Looks perfectly fine to me Nice pics too, SSingh

Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD PERREGAUX | JAQUET-GIRARD | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : GLASHÜTTE |
    Chinese : ALPHA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | OHSEN | STEWAL | WINNER

Congratulations! While I don't have any Pam homages any more, I think this looks different enough to not be just another clone. Also, my experience with Selitta has been excellent.

Oops! Weird, I was seeing only three pictures with Tapatalk Anyway, not my cup of tea but I must admit that you made the right strap swap. This combo is probably the best of the bunch...Great pix man!
    ~ Daniel ~

Good shots and a great looking watch. She looks to be pretty big for a 46mm watch good looking nonetheless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information