Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Infantry military watch (chinese)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Picture Infantry military watch (chinese)

I bought this quartz chinese Infantry watch a few weeks ago from ebay (ebay brand) it just arrived at my local post office. It seems to be working fine. At 15.99$ it's a steal. Hopefully it will last a few months till it brakes . Anyway, I think it's a nice looking watch. What do you think? (It still has it's screen protector on, that's why it looks odd)
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    lucduc, Reno, corn cob kid and 2 others like this.

Re: Infantry military watch (chinese)

I would have scraped a few more bucks together for something not so disposable, but to each their own.

Hi Serban and welcome to WUS. That looks pretty cool for the money, the colour on the dial works well and the brand name and dial logo gives it a GI Joe flavour I quite like.
    What's the bracelet like?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    Serban likes this.
    TOO MANY WATCHES

I saw these on ebay last night and was wondering about them myself. Thanks for sharing, nice looking watch for the money from what I see.
    Serban likes this.
    The Kid.

(ok, so I'm not that young but try to live like I am...)

I own one Infantry watch with a rubber strap. I think it is a good watch for the $20 I spent on it. I recently bought an Infiltrator by Infantry that I was NOT happy with. I think I had it for 10 days. It was the quickest I have ever flipped a watch. I would probably buy another Infantry, but no more Infiltrators. Nice pick up by the way. Enjoy it!
    Serban likes this.

I think it would look much better on a strap.
    Serban likes this.

whatmeworry
    What's the bracelet like?
    The bracelet is ok. What I don't like about it is that it can't be adjusted by shortening it. It has a safety catch, which helps prevent the strap from opening by mistake.

Hard to criticize it for the money you paid. Looks pretty cool, actually. As for the bracelet, I had planned to write something about the options to replace it with an inexpensive strap, but then I noticed the strange lug indents, and it occurs to me that a strap change could be challenging. I suppose a nibbling tool could solve the indentation. Not the end of the world, worth trying if the bracelet doesn't fit. Enjoy the new toy!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"The new servant of the sun has aspirations to become its master. A prosthetic device, yes: worn on the wrist, watches tie people to the celestial clockwork. Hundreds of millions of them, lying in what pockets, on what wrists, under what sleeves, revolve in time with it. Yet although they watch the sun, watches have established a kind of independence. They tick as remorselessly through the night as through the day, through the winter as through the summer, as though their environment is not going through vast changes in each 24 hours and each year. These perturbations are part of the lives of all other animals, but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

I like it. Do you know what type of movement it has? If it had something like a cheap Miyota in it I would love it.

skywatch - The bracelet is ok for my wrist maybe a tiny bit too large, but it's wearable.

Bwfaco - sorry, i don't know what movement it has. It's a quartz watch, the advertising says it's japanese, but I'm not so sure about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information