Thread: Invicta 9937 swiss auto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Invicta 9937 swiss auto

hey guys,I am looking for a SS dive watch on bracelet with a hacking auto movement.
    a bud has a miyota powered Invicta non-hacking 8629 dive watch that he swears by.
    I mainly wear my seiko 6309's and 6105's on real italian rubber straps and would like to pick up a good dive watch on bracelet in the 300.00 to 400.00 price range.the Seiko monster is a solid piece but a little to radical looks wise,my pref is for a tradional looking dive.
    I know Invicta has a sketchy Rep but it seems they have some models down pretty good.just wondering if the 9937 was one of em.any input greatly appreciated.

CHEERS
    john

Re: Invicta 9937 swiss auto

It's a great watch. I've found that it was one of the more reliable pieces Invicta has produced. My 9937 was solidly built and incredibly accurate. I sold it to fund another purchase when I was in college and finances were tighter, and I still regret letting it go. I would have bought another one, but I have simply gotten used to wearing larger watches. I just can't see myself wearing a watch smaller than 45mm anymore.

Regards,
    Cameron

I'm wearing mine right now. i was a little hesitant to buy the 9937 after reading about Invicta's rep but this is a really nice piece. The problem is with Invicta's customer service not the quality of this watch. I think if you buy from a dealer with a generous return policy then you can deal with the shop in case the watch arrives to you dead on arrival.
    Definately a good watch for the price.
    Current collection: Damasko DA 36 Black | Damasko DA 47 | MKII Nassau| Nomos Orion Rosť | Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 556A |Sinn EZM 3 | Stowa Antea KS

I also liked my Invicta 9937A. Nice watch, didn't have problems. The only problem for me was the very heavy branding. The word Invicta was engraved on every square inch of that thing.
    My Rotation:
    Hamilton Khaki (2804), Khaki (2824) x3, Linwood (2824), Khaki (7750), Vintage (7750), Vintage Khaki King (2824)
    Fortis Flieger (2824)
    Seiko SCVS015 (6R15), SARB031 (6R15), SKX013 (7S26), SSB003 (6T63), 5M22-6C20, 5M22-6C30
    Tissot Carson (2824), T-Touch Titanium
    Many Self-assembled pieces
    about 100 Casio watches from the 70~90's.

Thumbs Up Re: Invicta 9937 swiss auto

I have both the 8926c and the 9937. I actually own two 8926c's. Obviously the 9937 is a nicer watch but the one problem I have with it is the crown. On every Invicta I own the threading is stripped within a couple uses. A buddy of mine has had the same thing happen to his 8926c twice and ended up just getting his money back. I own over 20 watches now and all of them are fine except the Invicta's. It seems like the 8926 model has much less threading too. It looks like the 9937 has a couple more millimeters (I don't know exactly how much but im positive it's got a little more) of threading to go on which has held it up better than that of the 8926. Other than the crown there really isnt any other problems. If that doesn't bother you you'll love the watch. The Sellita movement is very accurate and seems to last pretty long without moving the rotor. Its really the same watch as the 8926c except for the movement and somewhat thicker bracelet. I got mine for $150 on invictashark a couple months ago and it was worth it. I don't think I'd pay the standard price for it however. At the standard price your moving close to Debaufre/Steinhart territory which would be a much better buy. But again it is a decent watch and as long as you don't have a problem with the threading you'll be happy with it. Good luck on the buy!

I have a 9937C and it's a great watch. One of my favorites. However, I managed to scratch the cyclops on a metal railing going down some stairs. The Flame Fusion crystal is not very tough, IMO. Other than that, its a comfortable watch and from a distance it looks like a Submariner. The lume is decent, and will last for a few hours, which is good for checking time during a movie, but will not last all night. The band is very nice, however, gets scratched up pretty easily. Mine has lots of tiny scratches on it, and you have to look closely to see them, but it happens. I have had mine for about 6 months and I still wear it. It's nice to see the second hand sweep so smoothly on a watch (28,800bph; this is one reason why I chose it over the 8926).

I snapped some photos a while back, check it out:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by davebond007 View Post
    I have a 9937C and it's a great watch. One of my favorites. However, I managed to scratch the cyclops on a metal railing going down some stairs. The Flame Fusion crystal is not very tough, IMO. Other than that, its a comfortable watch and from a distance it looks like a Submariner. The lume is decent, and will last for a few hours, which is good for checking time during a movie, but will not last all night. The band is very nice, however, gets scratched up pretty easily. Mine has lots of tiny scratches on it, and you have to look closely to see them, but it happens. I have had mine for about 6 months and I still wear it. It's nice to see the second hand sweep so smoothly on a watch (28,800bph; this is one reason why I chose it over the 8926).

Very NICE! here's a couple of pic of mine, jap movet though, 50mm 20 bracelet about 14mm thick:

Quote Originally Posted by davebond007 View Post

Just wondering what's the diameter on yours?

I would not hesitate to try the 9937ob. Don't spend $300 or $400 on it, though. Amazon has them for ~$260 today. For $300 or $400 try a Steinhart Ocean One.
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

I bought my 9937 from Invictashark for $199. It came up again a little while ago for, I think, $219. Nice watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information