Is invicta grand diver worth getting?
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Is invicta grand diver worth getting?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is invicta grand diver worth getting?

I saw the 3044 and 3048. I quite liked the design and color. The price surprisingly is very affordable at $130-$140 plus shipping. But is it worth the quality and money compare to a $200 or $300 seiko?

From the picture, the bracelet looks quite thick and solid. So is the casing. The only thing I am concern is, it maybe abit slightly too big at 47mm. If they make it 45mm, I think it will be perfect

" A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Re: Is invicta grand diver worth getting?

Sounds like you know exactly what you're buying. Being an educated consumer is the perfect place to be.

Either the Miyota 8200 or Seiko NH series should be quite reliable.

If you like this particular watch, I say buy it.

Try to get a new version with the NH35A. I have an old version 3049 with the Miyota and it runs really well. My only issue with it is the case and bracelet are highly polished and show scratches very easily. The Grand Diver and Pro Diver lines are the only Invicta's worth owning. I believe the ones you are looking at are available with the newer movements.

I have a 3048, and this is one of my favorite watches. I am planning to acquire the other colors, too. This watch is big, and the blue is beautiful. However, I am looking for the date wheel, cause mine is broken.

Name:  WP_000340.jpg
Views: 24320
Size:  265.0 KB
    Triton9 and Scorpion 1031 like this.

If I were you, I would go with Orient Mako, Seiko 007/Monster, or Seagull Dragon King instead.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM '801 EE Motor Barrel'

Quote Originally Posted by bluloo View Post
    Sounds like you know exactly what you're buying. Being an educated consumer is the perfect place to be.

Either the Miyota 8200 or Seiko NH series should be quite reliable.

If you like this particular watch, I say buy it.
    Thanks! You can read my mind. I just got an orange watch. I have the blue, white and black(plenty) dive watch. Next best color and logical step will be yellow.

Stumble across this beast. I will admit, I will immediately buy it if its slightly smaller at 45mm. The fact its the new NH35A even make it more sweet. I dont have watch winder. So manual wind to me is important.

I saw the youtube review, real tempting. The quality looks real good, like a $600 quality watch. Can't believe you can get this watch for less than $150.
    anton1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    If I were you, I would go with Orient Mako, Seiko 007/Monster, or Seagull Dragon King instead.
    I am looking for a fairly bigger size watch 43mm or above but the Scuba or Orient force which is in the range I am looking cost more than $400.. Dragon King is an ugly watch which I will not even willing to pay $100 for it.

That is why I am looking at Invicta. Yes, their marketing maybe a bit dishonest. But end of the day, they hardly sell any of those watch in exorbitant price to consumer. Probably, some dealer did that but I believe Invicta did give the best pricing for consumer. The most I am willing to spend is $150 for my next purchase.
    Last edited by Triton9; October 25th, 2012 at 16:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Thanks! You can read my mind. I just got an orange watch. I have the blue, white and black(plenty) dive watch. Next best color and logical step will be yellow.

Stumble across this beast. I will admit, I will immediately buy it if its slightly smaller at 45mm. The fact its the new NH35A even make it more sweet. I dont have watch winder. So manual wind to me is important.

I saw the youtube review, real tempting. The quality looks real good, like a $600 quality watch. Can't believe you can get this watch for less than $150.
    The quality is nowhere near the $500< range. I'd check one out in person before buying. I was immediately turned off as soon as I picked one up.

Heavy solid watch,highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    Because of the size differences, these watches aren't good direct substitutes for the grand diver and its 47mm case

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information