Invicta and the use of Serial Numbers

Thread: Invicta and the use of Serial Numbers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Invicta and the use of Serial Numbers

Does anyone out there have a modern Invicta with a Serial Numbers, I am going to take a guess and say the older (Real Invicta) did have one. However I have never seen a modern one with a Serial Number, if the modern ones did I would probably invest some more time and money on the Invicta Line.

Re: Invicta and the use of Serial Numbers

They have a serial number on the registration form that comes w/ the watch (this is different from the model number), but I have never actually seen one on a watch itself.
    cottontop
    "If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'til you do suck seed." Curly Howard

Ditto on registration document that comes with watch but no numbers on watch. The closest is on limited editions it will have the watch number in that particular run such as 200/1000 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
    They have a serial number on the registration form that comes w/ the watch (this is different from the model number), but I have never actually seen one on a watch itself.
    cottontop
    The only time I could ever see a serial number meaning anything with Invicta's is for verification of "under warranty" service, or if [and who'd really want to] it were stolen. Otherwise, just wear it and don't think about serials. We are talking Invicta, not Omega.

Randy

Yes my paperwork has its serial # but how can they matched that serial number to that watch. For example I could take any 8926 and send it in with a registration card but how do they know that serial matches that number. Is number printed in the watch somewhere?

Don't quote me on this, but I *think* my two swiss made invictas have a serial number on the QC inspection check list.
    My cheaper Invictas do not have a QC inspection check list.
    None of my Invictas have a S/N on the watch itself.

Quote Originally Posted by watchman19 View Post
    Yes my paperwork has its serial # but how can they matched that serial number to that watch. For example I could take any 8926 and send it in with a registration card but how do they know that serial matches that number. Is number printed in the watch somewhere?
    They do not know... they have no way of knowing or tracking what watch goes with what S/N, because the watch itself does not have a S/N.
    Last edited by kramer5150; March 21st, 2011 at 20:48.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
    They do not know... they have no way of knowing or tracking what watch goes with what S/N, because the watch itself does not have a S/N.
    This could very well be the reason why their QC is in the dumper, my 2 invictas have serial numbers on their warranty card, and carbon paper warranty paper work as well. Suppose I sent in my watch for repair (not that it needs it) and a tech gets the box takes the watch out and mixes it up with another invicta same model, how will he know which is my watch if he has no serial number to go by?

Kramer like you said "they don't know"
    Last edited by watchman19; March 21st, 2011 at 23:52. Reason: typo

I have quite a few with serial numbers. They tend to be the higher priced, swiss-made or swiss movement models, or "Reserve" models. Lower cost ones have no ingraved numbers.

I don't really know what you mean by modern. This one is from the last ten years and it has a S/N. It's one of the few I have, and it's the only one with a S/N. I thought my Sapphire Ghost had one, but I just looked and it didn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information