Invicta uses Ronda 5050E mechanical movement? WTH!?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Invicta uses Ronda 5050E mechanical movement? WTH!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Invicta uses Ronda 5050E mechanical movement? WTH!?

I know I'm going to create tot havoc here, but it's my day off, I just finished watching something on SyFy, and while flipping through the clicker found a watch show. Wasn't really paying attention to but, as I only had it on in the background while I was working on a Blurb project. It wasn't till ten minuets in I realized it was the Invicta show on ShopNBC (or whatever that channel was. Truth be known I thoguht it might have been QVC till I realized it was all Invicta stuff on there.)

Anycase, I heard them talking and half paying attention when they commented about how their prices are going to sky rocket in coming months as they "leave the Swwatch Group." I didn't think they were in the Swatch Group, but again, I don't follow Invicta at all. Regardless it was at this point when they got in to talking about having the exclusive on the Ronda 5050E, but were claiming the watch was all mechanical. I'll admit, I'm an intermediate hobbyist, but I could swear that the 5050-series are all quartz.

So, am I losing my mind, or are they really fluffy up their watches?
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    CURRENT:
    Victorinox=6 - Casio=4 - Swatch=1 - Other/Misc=unknown
    FUTURE: Victorinox=10000 - Mondaine=1 - Anything of my own design

Re: Invicta uses Ronda 5050E mechanical movement? WTH!?

I don't know jack about Ronda movements, so I'll let someone else chime in on that one...

Ronda question aside, I'd really like to know what affiliation with Swatch Invicta could possibly claim to have...

You are right,,it is a quartz movement.I'd say another announcer goof up.
    Mike

They're not part of the Swatch group.

They were probably referring to their sourcing of ETA movements for some of their watches. Other than that, there is no affiliation, just like I buy raw ETA's but have no affiliation with Swatch group

Their announcers for the most part are clueless. I watch it occasionally just to see how many mistakes they make
    jtstav likes this.

I do the same thing. It's like a comedy show sometimes. How often they have a baby wristed man showcasing a 55mm+ watch that looks absolutely ridiculous on him, & sometimes just being outright wrong about certain information like OP's scenario. I'm sure there not the only ones who make these mistakes; it's just really funny to watch them sometimes XD
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Click HERE to visit my watch review channel

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    They were probably referring to their sourcing of ETA movements for some of their watches. Other than that, there is no affiliation, just like I buy raw ETA's but have no affiliation with Swatch group
    Well, they were talking about the Ronda movements, said nothing about ETA from what I could tell. The guy talking was not the sales person for the most part, but the Invicta representative. The show was being broadcast from somewhere in Florida at what they referred to as "their World Headquarters" whatever the hell that means.

I turned it off about ten minutes after the post becasue the bling looked nice, I decided it was a better use of my time to have the Simpsons on. Figured, if I wanted entertainment, I wanted a higher grade of comedy.
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    CURRENT:
    Victorinox=6 - Casio=4 - Swatch=1 - Other/Misc=unknown
    FUTURE: Victorinox=10000 - Mondaine=1 - Anything of my own design

Quote Originally Posted by bluloo View Post
    They're not part of the Swatch group.
    Yeah, I didn't think so. I wonder if the announcer/salesguy just makes stuff up as they go along, LOL...

I watch and even record many of SHOPNBC's shows. They have some pretty knowledgeable hosts now, and it funny listening to some of the banter. One thing I would NEVER do is to switch to that "brain-dead" Simpson show! And it's also on that "brain-dead" Fox network.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tockman View Post
    Well, they were talking about the Ronda movements, said nothing about ETA from what I could tell. The guy talking was not the sales person for the most part, but the Invicta representative. The show was being broadcast from somewhere in Florida at what they referred to as "their World Headquarters" whatever the hell that means.

I turned it off about ten minutes after the post becasue the bling looked nice, I decided it was a better use of my time to have the Simpsons on. Figured, if I wanted entertainment, I wanted a higher grade of comedy.
    Regards, Bill
    CHALLENGER
    --------------
    Citizen JY0040-59L Blue Angels Skyhawk Chronograph
    Seiko SND255 Flightmaster Blue-Face Chronograph
    Seiko SGP Quartz Dress SS/Gold Band
    Casio WVA320DJ-1A Atomic Solar WaveCeptor Diver
    Timex Ironman Triathlon Indiglo (Won't quit)
    Bulova 1961 Automatic Dress Spiedel Band
    Elgin 1888 Size 18 3-Hand 24-Hour Pocket Watch
    Elgin 1916 Size 16 Rolled-Gold Pocket Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    I watch and even record many of SHOPNBC's shows. They have some pretty knowledgeable hosts now, and it funny listening to some of the banter. One thing I would NEVER do is to switch to that "brain-dead" Simpson show! And it's also on that "brain-dead" Fox network.
    Name:  holythreadresbatman.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  67.0 KB

Are we talking "Brain-dead Fox Network" as in they never should have cancelled FireFly? Because I'll definitely agree with you on that. I'm still bitter towards them for cancelling it. High treason I say!
    JakeJD, waterdude and riffraff like this.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Click HERE to visit my watch review channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information