Are Invicta Watches Good Quality Watches? - Page 5
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Are Invicta Watches Good Quality Watches?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Are Invicta Watches Good Quality Watches?

Quote Originally Posted by cottontop View Post

Here is one of my Invictas from the 50's. It runs like new. Yes they are good watches. If you want to collect them, then collect away. For such an all around hated watch, they probably get more free advertising on this forum than any other brand.
    cottontop
    I don't think the watches produced in the 50's have much comparison to the ones produced now. I once owned 5 Invictas. Three of them were complete junk. I got rid of all of them and I personally will never put another one on my wrist. Got totally screwed by this company. Nobody will ever convince me that what they produce now is of any quality, I'll take a ten dollar Walmart watch over an Invicta any day.

They are a decent watch for what you spend. I've purchased around 14 Invicta's for myself ,wife ,son and friend. In 3 1/2 years all are still running fine with no issues at all. Many on Invicta's movements are the same as Citizen and Seiko or even from them those two. I wouldn't spend more than $300 max though on the Invicta brand watch but IMHO they are as good as any other brand at that price point.

The invictas of that era have nothing to do with the modern incarnation of invicta. The company shut it's doors in the 70's when the quartz revolution killed most of the swiss watch industry. The Lalo bought the name and started what i consider a fundamentally dishonest watch company.

Quote Originally Posted by cottontop View Post

Here is one of my Invictas from the 50's. It runs like new. Yes they are good watches. If you want to collect them, then collect away. For such an all around hated watch, they probably get more free advertising on this forum than any other brand.
    cottontop
    Now that's an Invicta!
    As you said, they are probably the most hated brand in all of WISdom, yet get more free advertising here and anywhere else WIS congregate to talk watches. As I've said before, I have 3, 2 ProDivers and a skeleton, and no problems here with the PD's in regular rotation.

I wouldn't buy one of Invicta's higher end pieces (and I've been tempted by the Sea Vulture chrono for one), for me it's gotta be <$100, there are way too many choices out there to focus solely on one watch brand regardless of who they are.
    cottontop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    ...for me it's gotta be <$100, there are way too many choices out there to focus solely on one watch brand regardless of who they are.

and actually the more you spend the more garish the Invicta. IMO, their best looking watches <$125.
    cottontop likes this.

I wouldn't spend too much more than ~$250 on any Invicta. I think they offer decent value and decent quality below that point, but thats only IF you happen to get good one. If I need a solid, reliable, dependable high quality tool around $250, I look to Seiko, Citizen, Android and Swiss Army / Victorinox. If I want something flashy and eye catching I look at Invicta. Spending more than that on an Invicta is a gamble.

I almost always limit my Invicta purchases to local B&M and BST pre-owned sales. That way either I can do my own QC inspection, or rely on other forum members to honestly describe the condition of the item. The advantage of buying a used watch is that its been pre-tested to some degree by someone else.

Some of the reported defects that pass through Invicta QC (and the high occurrence on every message board) leave me scratching my head. This (and their poor post-sale CS) is the reason I almost never openly recommend Invicta to friends. I enjoy collecting the brand for myself and have 9 in my collection. My biggest complaint is that 2 of the crystals were poorly cleaned during assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
    My biggest complaint is that 2 of the crystals were poorly cleaned during assembly.
    that's because the crystal wipers/cleaners subcontracted by Invicta must clean 1000 crystals per minute (or cpm) to meet Invicta quantity standards.

I just got this model and swapped the bracelet for a strap and I prefer this watch over others coating 5x as much.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    cottontop and deluded like this.

I have an F0066 and a 5942s which is a larger scale of the 8926 auto with the NH25A movt, it has been good to me no complaints here.

Attachment 406114 Attachment 406115

Glad some like their watches.

Though they probably have the worst reputation of any mainstream watch company around.
    Seiko5Fan likes this.

Thread Information