JACQUES LEMANS anygood?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: JACQUES LEMANS anygood?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JACQUES LEMANS anygood?

Hey guys, Im interested in purchasing this JACQUES LEMANS model 1259A watch. Any word on this brand? I hear they work with F1 racing but any info or personal experence with this brand would be great.

Re: JACQUES LEMANS anygood?

Jacques Lemans is an nice european brand in the lower price segment. They have some automatics, but mostly selling quartz. The F1-Watches looking pretty good and they are within our "affordable range".
    I have a quartz chronograph from Jacques Lemans, works fine. If you like the watch then go for it. Nice Flieger-Style, only the minute hand is a little bit short imho.

Cheers
    flop
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork. (Edward Abbey)

I haven't heard a lot about them, but I have heard good things about their Geneve lines which are Swiss Made and use ETA autos/quartz and Sapphire crystals.

I've owned a few Jacques Lemans watches in the past, and currently own the F1 Speed-Chrono, all solid watches for the price point! Their Japanese quartz and automatic watches are very affordably priced, however, the prices on their Swiss quartz and automatics may warrant some price shopping between other brands. Jacques Lemans U.S. distributor, Swiss Watch International, handles all customer service and repair issues. I can't speak on the quality of their customer service because none of the JL watches I've owned have required service or repair; So I guess that's a plus!
    Regards,

Phil

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do." ~ Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by smfd14 View Post
    I've owned a few Jacques Lemans watches in the past, and currently own the F1 Speed-Chrono, all solid watches for the price point! Their Japanese quartz and automatic watches are very affordably priced, however, the prices on their Swiss quartz and automatics may warrant some price shopping between other brands. Jacques Lemans U.S. distributor, Swiss Watch International, handles all customer service and repair issues. I can't speak on the quality of their customer service because none of the JL watches I've owned have required service or repair; So I guess that's a plus!

I guess I'll order it, amazon has it pretty cheap

A word of warning on that particular Jacques Leman - I bought that same watch with an antique white face (almost light brown) and black subdials. I like the watch - it's large, with great presence. It's not at all heavy for its size and the leather strap is generously sized, ventilated and of good quality. HOWEVER - it has a weird chronograph movement that anyone who bought the original Invicta Speedway watch will recognize. On this watch, the center seconds hand is part of the timekeeping function, NOT the chronograph function. Instead, the small second hand at the 6:00 position is activated when you start the chronograph, but with only 4 markers - at the 15, 30 45 and 60 seconds positions, there is no hope for any accuracy. Additionally, because the hour and minute hands pass over that small seconds hand, it can be obscured from view completely. Finally, after use, when you hit the reset button at the 4:00 position, the second hand revolves counterclockwise the same number of revolutions that it went clockwise when the chronograph was running. Very wierd.

Bottom line - if you're buying this watch for its looks, go for it - I think it's a handsome watch that brings off the 1970 look very well. But if you're planning on actually using the chronograph feature, you will be disappointed.
    Pallet Spoon likes this.
    Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by smfd14 View Post
    I just ordered a F1 JL, and should receive it early next week. I'm looking forward to receiving it!

FWIW - Jacques Lemans is one of the SWI Group brands, which also include Swiss Watch International, Swiss Legend and Magico. Despite the Euro-centric name, SWI is based in Florida and appears to outsource production of its watches to manufacturers in both Europe and Asia. SWI Group also operates the WorldOfWatches.com web site, which regularly features substantial discounts on their in-house brands. http://www.swisswatchintl.com/
    (I'd rather be driving)

I own a Jacques Lemans Washington with black leather strap (#1245) and think its a nice quarz that look very very nice when the black suit is on!

kjw

I own this JL Classic and have been very pleased with it. The JL is one of my more accurate automatics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information