Just arrived and couldn't be more pleased: Invicta 8926OB with NH35A movement
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Just arrived and couldn't be more pleased: Invicta 8926OB with NH35A movement

-->
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Just arrived and couldn't be more pleased: Invicta 8926OB with NH35A movement

Hi folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm aware of the negative reputation Invicta has among the WISs out there, particularly their Sub-style models, but hear me out or press the back button in your browser.

I received an Amazon gift card last week, so I debated finally snagging an Orient Mako. However, I was curious enough after hearing reports of the Invicta 8926OB shipping with the hacking, hand-winding NH35A movement that I decided to take a chance on that instead. Wow, am I glad I did! It arrived this afternoon, and mine indeed shipped with the NH35A movement. The fit and finish is gorgeous. I sized it and hand wound the guy up with the crown... winding felt pretty good. Set the time, it indeed hacks, and the crown movement feels very smooth while advancing the time. The cyclops magnification seems to be around 2.0x, which seems to be an improvement from older models of the 8926 based on what I've seen online. It's been keeping perfect time so far, and it looks even more stunning than in photos I've seen online. I actually really like the polished center links, and the end links, while hollow, are definitely nicer than other hollow end links I've had. I don't get any rattle from them. The clasp is not the greatest, but overall the bracelet is much higher quality than what you'll get on a Seiko 5, or something like the Seiko Solar SNE039 which is also in the same price range. The bezel rotation is tight but perfectly useable. The lume is about the only real weakness I see so far. It just doesn't compare to my Seikos, but it is serviceable for a while with eyes adjusted to the dark. Potential customer service issues and sample variation aside, IMO this has to be the highest quality automatic available for under $100, even better than my SNK809, which I adore and wear all the time. A hacking, hand-winding, accurate, 200m diver with gorgeous aesthetics and good build quality for around $80? Awesome. I snapped a few quick pictures of it. They don't do it justice, of course, but I tried to get a clear shot of the NH35A movement at least.

Name:  120424_invicta_001.jpg
Views: 18788
Size:  137.5 KB

Name:  120424_invicta_002.jpg
Views: 17130
Size:  114.4 KB

Re: Just arrived and couldn't be more pleased: Invicta 8926OB with NH35A movement

Very nice! I might have to pick up a back up if it goes on sale.
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

Re: Just arrived and couldn't be more pleased: Invicta 8926OB with NH35A movement

Looks like a great value, and probably the most affordable introduction to this excellent Seiko movement. Nice looking watch. Good catch!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"The new servant of the sun has aspirations to become its master. A prosthetic device, yes: worn on the wrist, watches tie people to the celestial clockwork. Hundreds of millions of them, lying in what pockets, on what wrists, under what sleeves, revolve in time with it. Yet although they watch the sun, watches have established a kind of independence. They tick as remorselessly through the night as through the day, through the winter as through the summer, as though their environment is not going through vast changes in each 24 hours and each year. These perturbations are part of the lives of all other animals, but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Under $100 is definately a great deal for that. Looks like Invicta is at least trying to improve the quality of their products...

I got lucky and paid $65 for mine. Incredible value. Even with the $55 oyster glide-lock bracelet, it is still worth every penny. Good pick up!
    -Ed-

which glide-lock bracelet did you buy and how is the fit?

Nice choice and you can't beat the price.

Thats a pretty watch, never knew they did an 8926OB with the NH35A....

This actually leads me to a somewhat related question. I've been seeing the 0420 [basically a 43mm titanium 8926] available in both the NH25A [doesn't hack, or hand wind] and NH35A. If I were to order from Amazon [which is where I've seen it] is there a way to determine the NH35A? I would prefer the windable/hackable movmnt.

In other words, did I miss something? Does anyone have a direct link to the 0420 with the NH35A encased in it? Thanks!!!
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by drawdistance View Post
    which glide-lock bracelet did you buy and how is the fit?
    I got it from Helenarou. Fit is about 95%. It's a little off at the lugs.

-Ed-
    -Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    Thats a pretty watch, never knew they did an 8926OB with the NH35A....

In other words, did I miss something? Does anyone have a direct link to the 0420 with the NH35A encased in it? Thanks!!!
    Nope, when I ordered my 8926OB, it wasn't even listed as 8926OBv2 or anything, it was just the 8926OB ships/sold from Amazon. It appears that all of the new stock of the 8926OB has an NH35A movement, and I suspect that is the case for the 0420 as well. If you buy it from Amazon, the probability is high you'll get new stock, and if you get one with an NH25A or a Miyota, they have a pretty good return policy, so I'd just exchange it for another one. You can find a listing for an 0420 with the NH35A in it on eBay, but it's more expensive there, so I'd just roll the dice with Amazon, especially since you'll have 30 days to return it if there's any issues with the bezel, crown, accuracy, etc.
    Last edited by drawdistance; April 24th, 2012 at 21:24.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information