Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Luminox thoughts?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Luminox thoughts?

Don't know much about these watches but I know they seem like they've been around forever, especially the iconic 3000 series. Would like to see one of these on a green Zulu with black hardware. Can anyone tell me more about them?

v/r
    brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have two Luminoxs... An old 3005 and a 3210 and I love them both! They are durable and glow like a torch!
    If only I had more arms... and deeper pockets!

Re: Luminox thoughts?

Love my Luminox 1848 chrono. This thing is built like a tank.

You gotta love them,good build quality,and good Swiss movement.
    Mike

I love my luminoxes. I can remember as a kid wanting and having a diver's watch. The best thing about it was you could shine a flashlight on it for a couple of minutes and then it would glow for a few seconds! Now, I don't need a flashlight, and they glow for 20 years! Too cool!
    Omega Ω Seamaster Aqua Terra 2517.50
    Omega Ω Seamaster Pro 2541.80
    Omega Ω Seamaster Pro 2264.50
    Resco Patriot GEN 2

Garden City Park, New York, United States

I like mine allot though i find some of theirnavy seal units too busy with the bezels but here is mine, very classic and the night lume is incomparable

Name:  Luminox 1822-2.JPG
Views: 4538
Size:  108.2 KB
    greydog likes this.
    MikeCfromLI
    NYC\LI

Quote Originally Posted by Michael G. Curry View Post
    I like mine allot though i find some of theirnavy seal units too busy with the bezels but here is mine, very classic and the night lume is incomparable
    I agree with this... My 3005 is the first model offered without the extra "layer" around the doal

I don't want to start brand wars, but I don't like this brand. I looked at few of them and they seemed very poor quality for the money (it was about 3-4 yrs ago so maybe that changed). I also don't like their marketing strategy as US Navy SEAL watches.

From what I remember reading about them, they were designed with the SEALs input, but were never 'issued.'

Everytime I see it on someones wrist I immediately think he's a SEAL "wannabe."

Of course this is just me personal opinion...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    Sodiac likes this.

I disagree. I have punished my 3005 and it has never failed me. My Dad has the same watch only the 3001 that is two years older and he has put his through more wear and tear than I have mine, still with no issues. Their quality should not be a question, IMO.

Regarding the wearing and "wannabe" aspect, I can't speak for everyone but I wear mine because it keeps great time and it's dependable. I'm sure there are people who wear them because they want to be something they're not but then again, that can be said about damn-near anything.

I don't know if this is any secret, but many special forces operators wear either a Casio (largely G-Shock) or a Timex. I have seen more government sector personnel sporting "Special Forces Capable" timepieces. Though there are huge marketing ploys with Luminox, JLC, Kobold, etc., they are infrequently worn by acutal operators. Yes, SOCOM guys might have had input in they're design. No, an E-5 in the Navy isn't going to shell out 7-10,000 clams for a watch. And the government does not issue high end timepieces, either. I have personnaly worn a Luminox 3000 (blue dial) series and it took an absoulte schelacking for about two years. However, the lug broke off my watch when I had a nasty wipeout surfing (it was pretty bad). The lug actually "snapped" off of the case. So, the watch survived a couple of years of tactial madness and died on a surf holiday.

If you're at all curious about watches that special forces operators wear, take a look at G Shock and a little company called Resco from Coronado, CA.
    MarekG likes this.

"All that really belongs to us is time. Even he who has nothing else has that."

Baltasar Gracian

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information