maurice lacroix sh1018

Thread: maurice lacroix sh1018

-->

maurice lacroix sh1018

does anyone know much about this model? it seems insanely cheap relative to the other models they make, with ebay regularly flogging them at <$200

'anti-reflective' sapphire crystal, ss case, leather strap, swiss made (afaik, brand name suggests..), quartz, 43mm case, 20mm band

it seems like a nice enough watch, simple (perhaps a little boring) with a great brand name behind it, but i feel like there's something odd here..
    Last edited by rahulknahar; August 22nd, 2010 at 21:42.

Re: maurice lacroix sh1018

It's quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by ProDiverHolden View Post
    It's quartz.
    I realise that, but so are some of their higher end models. I'm somewhat interested despite the quartz movement anyway, it's not a big issue when the cost is a 10th of their automatics. It's not exactly a lifetime investment watch at that price.

Do you think quartz is the only reason this is so much cheaper? Well, that and the classic design. I'm just surprised, having seen similar looking models with quartz movement from similar prestigious brands with 3-4x the price tag. There may be a big difference in terms of the quality of the quartz movement, but I know nothing about that...
    Last edited by rahulknahar; August 22nd, 2010 at 22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by rahulknahar View Post
    I realise that, but so are some of their higher end models. I'm somewhat interested despite the quartz movement anyway, it's not a big issue when the cost is a 10th of their automatics. It's not exactly a lifetime investment watch at that price.

Do you think quartz is the only reason this is so much cheaper? Well, that and the classic design. I'm just surprised, having seen similar looking models with quartz movement from similar prestigious brands with 3-4x the price tag. There may be a big difference in terms of the quality of the quartz movement, but I know nothing about that...
    So...you would buy it just because of the brand despite design that looks kinda boring for you and unspecified quartz movement?

In the end, it's either you like the watch or not, right? And ofc your decision might be based on any characteristic like type of case, shape of hands or...brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by Yura View Post
    So...you would buy it just because of the brand despite design that looks kinda boring for you and unspecified quartz movement?

In the end, it's either you like the watch or not, right? And ofc your decision might be based on any characteristic like type of case, shape of hands or...brand name.
    I'm interested in knowing more about the watch, not buying it; knowledge to satisfy curiosity, hence my original post asking if anyone knows more about it than included originally. Perhaps a review from someone who owns one would've been appreciated.

Watches in this thread - sh1018 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Information