WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

maurice lacroix sh1018

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rahulknahar 
#1 · (Edited)
does anyone know much about this model? it seems insanely cheap relative to the other models they make, with ebay regularly flogging them at <$200

'anti-reflective' sapphire crystal, ss case, leather strap, swiss made (afaik, brand name suggests..), quartz, 43mm case, 20mm band

it seems like a nice enough watch, simple (perhaps a little boring) with a great brand name behind it, but i feel like there's something odd here..

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I realise that, but so are some of their higher end models. I'm somewhat interested despite the quartz movement anyway, it's not a big issue when the cost is a 10th of their automatics. It's not exactly a lifetime investment watch at that price.

Do you think quartz is the only reason this is so much cheaper? Well, that and the classic design. I'm just surprised, having seen similar looking models with quartz movement from similar prestigious brands with 3-4x the price tag. There may be a big difference in terms of the quality of the quartz movement, but I know nothing about that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.