Mido Bodyguard

Thread: Mido Bodyguard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mido Bodyguard

I just found this watch on Ebay:

Does anyone know anything about this watch:quality, when was it made, good value, etc. I'm intrigued.

Re: Mido Bodyguard

It is a Mido so it is made in Switzerland. Mido is a company in the SwatchGroup that produces mid-grade, by their ranking, swiss made watches. They are primarily focused on sales in Asia and to a lesser extent the EU.

Cobbled together from various sources:
    It had a button that activated a LOUD alarm. You won't believe that so much noise can come out of a watch. The Bodyguard isn't an alarm to wake you in the morning, although it most certainly would! This watch contains a personal attack alarm which emits a piercing sound in excess of 100 decibels.

No, this isn't an alarm to wake you in the morning, although it most certainly would! This watch contains a personal attack alarm which emits a piercing sound in excess of 100 decibels. The alarm is activated by pressing the two buttons at 2 and 8 simultaneously and deactivated by pressing the same buttons 3 times in quick succession. Because of the comparatively high power demands of the alarm, the watch is fitted with a long-life 3 volt lithium battery, reference CR2016.

It is available with either a 2-tone or all steel case with screw back. White dial with Roman numerals and date window - 38.4 mm, 45 mm lug to lug, and 11.75 mm thick. Lug spacing is 18 mm.The movement is Swiss Quartzand list price in Switzerland is 549.00.
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

Thank you. I found it for $150. It must be an old model.

Quote Originally Posted by meto123 View Post
    Thank you. I found it for $150. It must be an old model.
    Could be. They are often sold at a discount from Asian sellers. Did you buy it? I think Mido is the most underrated of SwatchGroups brands. Here is my collection of Midos -
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

I bought a 'Bodyguard' for my wife. It's a well made watch and the alarm really is ear-piercing

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    I bought a 'Bodyguard' for my wife. It's a well made watch and the alarm really is ear-piercing

That is... an incredibly good idea. I'll keep that in mind for future girlfriend purchases

I didn't know that these personal alarms came in such nice versions. Good to know!
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

MMT

Yes it is, and if someone attacks me, that last thing I would be concerned about is pushing two buttons on my watch to activate an alarm, unless I can somehow get the attacker involved in some conversation beforehand, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by meto123 View Post
    It must be an old model.

If you were actually aware you were going to be attacked (always try to be aware of your surroundings) this might be the best defense you have against it. Maybe something you might do while running from the attacker. No mugger, thief, or burgular wants to get caught. There are too many easy fish in the ocean to mess with difficult and risky jobs.

On a different note, this is also a great watch for the disabled folks who may not be able to contact someone when they get injured. Folks with MS (who still have the ability to push the buttons, older folks who live alone or in remote areas, and such. It could save your life as you can only scream for so long for help.

Quote Originally Posted by MMT View Post
    Yes it is, and if someone attacks me, that last thing I would be concerned about is pushing two buttons on my watch to activate an alarm, unless I can somehow get the attacker involved in some conversation beforehand, of course.

It is actually a good idea I think - I would like to get one for my wife - but all I can find is that blue dial one, which I do not think is very attractive.

That other one posted here is very nice.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information