WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My first automatic watch that I bought 2 years ago. An Oris BC3+ and the story.

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  thodgins 
#1 ·
Ever since I bought the watch, I haven't seen many Oris. Very underrated watch company, IMO.

At the time, I didn't realize that watch forums existed. A co-worker had brought a magazine into work that had an article about watches. It had everything from very high end to low end. The Oris caught my eye. I wasn't really planning on buying a watch at the time and hadn't really thought much about mechanical watches.

So I put it in the back of my mind, until I went searching for a nice watch for my wife. We were living in Rochester, Michigan at the time and found an AD for Tissot. She liked the look of Tissot. She wanted a watch for her job that was very business oriented. So, while I was buying her watch, I was looking around at all the watches and they had a huge selection. Everything from Ulysse Nardin down to Tissot. The Oris caught my eye and was told they were a great watch for the price. I wasn't really looking to buy so I just bought her watch and put in the back of my mind.

:rodekaart The itch began for an Oris..lol. I went to their website and they sent me a catalogue. The bug grew stronger. Days before my daughter was born in April 2004, I went out and bought it..lol. :rodekaart Warning, red flag, a WIS is born. It cost me a few trips for my wife to a nail salon for pampering. Who buys a watch just before the birth of his kids..lol. Many thought I was crazy.:-D

Anyway, enough of the sentimental reflections. Enjoy a few pics of the watch on a box that comes in handy for my stay-at-home job.

IMO, Oris is an overlooked watch company. They make many affordable automatic watches that are of a good quality. They are one of the few independent watch companies that is over 100 years old that build solid, reliable watches and keep them at a good price. I like Oris and their many watches they build.

See less See more
Reactions: drthmaul
#9 ·
I like this one. Mine.

Attachments

#11 ·
Hey.............not fair. I got no watch when my twin boys were born............but my wife got an 18k Rolex Datejust Presidential]......but I've been making up for it ever since!!!:-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.