>>>NEED ADVICE: on MILITARY/PILOT WATCHES --> *ARISTO* vs. *JUNKERS* vs. TORGOEN???

Thread: >>>NEED ADVICE: on MILITARY/PILOT WATCHES --> *ARISTO* vs. *JUNKERS* vs. TORGOEN???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question >>>NEED ADVICE: on MILITARY/PILOT WATCHES --> *ARISTO* vs. *JUNKERS* vs. TORGOEN???

Greetings! I currently own a Luminox Divers and Swiss Army blue dial watches and both have served me very well the last 10 years. I'm looking to buy another watch for my regular use and considering the following brands:
    1) ARISTO/Messerschimitt --> Aviator Chrono Model ME5030M --> $349
    2) JUNKERS G38 Titanium --> Pilot watch --> $329
    3) JUNKERS Flatline Ultra Thin Pilot Watch (dressier look) --> $269
    4) JUNKERS 150th Anniversary Pilot Watch (GMT) --> $235
    5) TORGOEN (Swiss) Model 05 Black Dial -> @$225 (Leather strap); @$245 (Titanium Bracelet)

>>> The first 4 are "MADE IN GERMANY"
    >>> TORGOEN is Swiss Made
    >>> My current budget is from $250 to $350

Is anyone familiar with any of these brands and how reliable are these watches? I saw a thread earlier about the issues concerning about manufacturers advertising watches "MADE IN GERMANY" which according to some of the bloggers some of the components or parts are made in China or Eastern Europe or some offshore location with cheap labor and production facilities. So, quality control might be an issue.

With my limited budget, I'm looking for a good attractive watch that is reliable and functional for daily use. Your input/opinions/suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
    --Al--

P.S. Incidentally, I saw a couple of *STEINHARTS* within this price range which look equally attractive and very popular with collectors as well.

Re: >>>NEED ADVICE: on MILITARY/PILOT WATCHES --> *ARISTO* vs. *JUNKERS* vs. TORGOEN???

Welcome to WatchUSeek!
    I don't own any of those brands (yet) but I have seen Aristo and Junkers discussed here in Affordables. Hopefully someone can weigh in on comparisons.

Cheers,
    Griff

Confused Re: >>>NEED ADVICE: on MILITARY/PILOT WATCHES --> *ARISTO* vs. *JUNKERS* vs. TORGOEN???

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    Welcome to WatchUSeek!
    I don't own any of those brands (yet) but I have seen Aristo and Junkers discussed here in Affordables. Hopefully someone can weigh in on comparisons.

Cheers,
    Griff
    THANKS Griff !!!
    To anyone out there who is familiar (not necessarily a current owner) but who has some information or opinion about these above-mentioned watches, I really would appreciate your input.

I almost took the plunge the other day and almost purchased a *TORGOEN* (Swiss) T5/T6 but I read the thread about someone who was having some issues with a T6....so, I held off on the purchase. I'm glad I did.....there's so many reliable and handsome military-pilot watches, I'm willing to wait until I get enough feedback on my inquiry about the *ARISTO-Messerschitt* (German); *HUGO JUNKERS* Pilot models (German - part of the POINT-TEC conglomerate that also makes the *Graf-Zeppelin* & Maximillian*); and *TORGOEN* Pilot models T5/T6 (Swiss);....and any feedback on *STENHARTS* (Swiss).

I'm still very new to this website...and I'll need every advice/feedback I can get from the readers.

THANKS again,
    -- Al--

Re: >>>NEED ADVICE: on MILITARY/PILOT WATCHES --> *ARISTO* vs. *JUNKERS* vs. TORGOEN???

I have an Aristo, that keeps very good time (+2s/day) and has good lume... it's a keeper

Thumbs Up Re: >>>NEED ADVICE: on MILITARY/PILOT WATCHES --> *ARISTO* vs. *JUNKERS* vs. TORGOEN???

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I have an Aristo, that keeps very good time (+2s/day) and has good lume... it's a keeper

26 June 2010
    >>> TO: CCCP

THANKS for sharing and sending a picture of your *ARISTO*.
    aside from being a keeper - - it's a beauty - - - timeless design !!!
    1) What Model or series is it?
    2) How long have you owned it?
    3) If you don't mind my asking, what was the price range or how much did you pay for it? I'm surveying prices...since I'm on a LIMITED BUDGET ($250 -> $350).

THANKS for sharing.
    --Al--

Torgoen is hit or miss on their quality, so I no longer own one...

Here's why: Torgoen T-6 Quality issues, has anyone else had a problem?
    "...It's a trap!"

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Hmm...

Welcome to WUS!

Since you are new you may not know this, but a picture of each of those watches would make it much easier for us to give you advice!
    Meine Bratwurst has a first name,
    It's F-R-I-T-Z,
    Meine Bratwurst has a second name,
    It's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N

Look on eBay and buy a Zeno Watch from Zeno Watch Basel. High quality Swiss watch and it should fit your budget.

Picture Re: >>>NEED ADVICE: on MILITARY/PILOT WATCHES --> *ARISTO* vs. *JUNKERS* vs. TORGOEN???

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    Hmm...

Welcome to WUS!

Since you are new you may not know this, but a picture of each of those watches would make it much easier for us to give you advice!
    #################################################
    Here are a few pictures with brief descriptions of watches I'm considering to purchase (((ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Long Island Watch WEBSITE)))::thanks
    Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Torgoen 05
    Dual Time Zone,
    GMT Watch with Black-White Dial
    T05103

Click Image
    to Enlarge
    More Views:
    Messerschmitt
    Fliegeruhr Watch with Aviator Leather Strap
    #ME108-42B

Click Image
    to Enlarge
    More Views: 1 2 3
    This Torgoen watch is great for travelers, military personnel, pilots, or anyone wishing to track two independent time zones. You can set your local time via the 12 hour hands and use the 24 hour hand for military time or to track a different time zone. Uses an accurate Swiss Rhonda quartz movement and the hands, markers and numbers are all treated with a highly luminous material. Crown is also offset at 4:00. Case: Satin finished solid stainless steel, 42mm diameter, 14.6mm thick. Band: Black Italian leather strap with signed buckle, 22mm. Water Resistant:10ATM Warranty: 3 Years
    Island Watch Price:$225 + S&H (click below to pay with your credit card or Paypal)
    ###########################################

Messerschmitt Aviator's Chronograph
    Watch
    #ME5030L

Click Image
    to Enlarge
    More Views: 1
    Messerschmitt Aviator's Chronograph
    Watch
    #ME5030M

Click Image
    to Enlarge
    More Views: 1
    Bold looking and extremely handsome describes this new chronograph from Messerschmitt. Comes with sixty minute bezel, a 30 minute chronograph timer, date window (at 4:00), smooth operating pushers and crown, luminous hands, numbers and markers and a high grade leather strap. Inside is a Swiss Made Ronda 5030 quartz movement and the back is sealed with a screw-in case back. Mineral Crystal. Case: Stainless steel, 43.5mm diameter. 12mm thick.Band:Black leather with aviator grain, buckle closure, 20mm. Water Resistant: 5 ATM Warranty: 2 Year
    Island Watch Price:$279 + S&H (click below to pay with your credit card or Paypal)

Bold looking and extremely handsome describes this new chronograph from Messerschmitt. Comes with sixty minute bezel, a 30 minute chronograph timer, date window (at 4:00), smooth operating pushers and crown, luminous hands, numbers and markers and a gorgeous mesh bracelet. Inside is a Swiss Made Ronda 5030 quartz movement and the back is sealed with a screw-in case back. Mineral Crystal. Case: Stainless steel, 43.5mm diameter. 12mm thick.Band:Fine steel mesh bracelet with deployant closure, 20mm. Water Resistant: 5 ATM Warranty: 2 Year
    Island Watch Price:$349 + S&H (click below to pay with your credit card or Paypal)

If you are looking for an affordable and great looking Aviator watch, this new Messerschmitt model from Aristo is the one to own. It is really well done and it has a perfect sized 42mm case. The hands are treated with SuperLuminova for excellent glow-in-the-dark green hues. It really lights up! Inside the case is a Swiss Made Quartz movement that provides you with very accurate time keeping. Overall it is a stunning watch. Case: Stainless steel, 42mm diameter. 10mm thick.Band:Brown leather wit aviator grain, buckle closure, 20mm. Water Resistant: 5 ATM Warranty: 2 Year
    Island Watch Price:$199 + S&H (click below to pay with your credit card or Paypal)
    #######################################

I was looking at a few pilot watches in this price range myself...the ChrisWard C8 and the Laco miyota automatic. I also noticed the nice Aristos at LI Watch....I haven't heard any bad things about them. I own a Junkers with an ETA 2824-2 in it and it's a nice watch..no problems.

$290 for the Laco:

About $400 list on the Chris Ward but often on sale....

Here is the Aristo I like for $359

Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information