Greetings! I currently own a Luminox Divers and Swiss Army blue dial watches and both have served me very well the last 10 years. I'm looking to buy another watch for my regular use and considering the following brands:
1) ARISTO/Messerschimitt --> Aviator Chrono Model ME5030M --> $349
2) JUNKERS G38 Titanium --> Pilot watch --> $329
3) JUNKERS Flatline Ultra Thin Pilot Watch (dressier look) --> $269
4) JUNKERS 150th Anniversary Pilot Watch (GMT) --> $235
5) TORGOEN (Swiss) Model 05 Black Dial -> @$225 (Leather strap); @$245 (Titanium Bracelet)
>>> The first 4 are "MADE IN GERMANY"
>>> TORGOEN is Swiss Made
>>> My current budget is from $250 to $350
Is anyone familiar with any of these brands and how reliable are these watches? I saw a thread earlier about the issues concerning about manufacturers advertising watches "MADE IN GERMANY" which according to some of the bloggers some of the components or parts are made in China or Eastern Europe or some offshore location with cheap labor and production facilities. So, quality control might be an issue.
With my limited budget, I'm looking for a good attractive watch that is reliable and functional for daily use. Your input/opinions/suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
P.S. Incidentally, I saw a couple of *STEINHARTS* within this price range which look equally attractive and very popular with collectors as well.