WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Official Maranez Thread: Racha & Layan - Post Your Pics

112K views 610 replies 140 participants last post by  garydusa 
#1 ·
Ok Guys and Gals since no one has started one for Maranez, I thought it would be appropriate to have one thread with pics of both models. This will make searching a lot easier for those who are interested in this new brand. Once your new puppy arrives take some pics along with any/all strap changes. I'm sure both models will look great on just about anything. Mine will not be in for awhile, so this thread will have to hold me over, and with any luck, give me some ideas on strap changes.

Post 'em when you get 'em!

#2 ·
As soon i got mine i´ll do it...

#4 ·
I know there are more in the wild. C'mon guys, I'm trying to provide a thread for those who may/are interested in Maranez. Are there any Rachas in the wild as I don't recall seeing one. This thread is for both models.

Post Up!!

#6 ·
I just started seeing these recently on f71, but not many of them. Really like that bronze cushion case. Somebody tell me what's up with the arabic numerals on bottom half of the dial and roman numerals up top? Is that just the brand's "thing", or is there some historical significance?

MORE PICS!!!

#7 ·
#9 ·
I know there are more in the wild. C'mon guys, post your pics in hopes this will be beneficial to those who are thinking about getting one. There are more Layans out there than Rachas.

#10 ·
I had a dreaded Fedex note on the door Thursday. I said something along the lines of "Sorry we missed you," but what they really meant was "Haha, of course you're not home at 10:35 am on a Thursday, you're probably at work slaving over a job that you can barely stand while we hold your delicious watch hostage another day!"

Anyways, I'll post some pictures tomorrow to show off my newest treasure.

#11 ·
Ok, I'll bite. Really love this watch, sits perfect on the wrist, and I have for some time been looking for

a) a California dial
b) a bronze case (brass is good enough for me)
c) green dial

Not necessarily all in one, but when this turned up, and at a very affordable price, I could not resist. :)

View attachment 992670

View attachment 992671

#12 ·
Finally! Great thinking 4Play!
Here's a couple of random shots from the last few weeks.
View attachment 992808
View attachment 992809
View attachment 992810
View attachment 992811
View attachment 992812
View attachment 992813

The watch itself is outstanding!
Great, and I mean Great, lume!
The case is really nicely finished.
The leather strap is quite soft and comfy, though I have noticed that mine has cracked on the side near the lug end. Nothing that affects the performance.
The silicone straps are very soft and comfortable, but attracts a bit of dust and lint. I guess it'll get better when I stop wearing thick long sleeved cardigans.
I've ordered an army green Zulu for my baby, it should be here Monday.

Sent from outer space using a wheel barrel

#13 · (Edited)
Oooooooh baby baby!!! I don't know about all of you, but this is definitely going to be a sleeper among the bronze offerings. As much as I would really like to own a bronze, I'm having a hard time justifying the price. Granted, the majority are using the ETA 2824, over 1k is still a hard pill to swallow. This will be the best bang for the buck, and it wouldn't surprise me if we see more offerings within this price range. Seeing pics of the Layan is pure contempment until mine arrives... hoping it will be this week.

Keep posting!!

#14 · (Edited)
As a Magrette Regattare owner, I am just stoked at how many of you guys are loving this piece. I think a brass case is a great affordable alternative and should not be dismissed by those who are looking or something different. This Maranez Layans is a very attractive piece and is a screaming good deal. Rock on, dudes!

Reactions: Megalo Milo
#17 ·
My Maranez Layan Green Dial Arabic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#19 ·
Maranez is a new company. The Layan dial colors are black, green, and brown. Who knows, they may come out later with different colors.

#20 ·
Hey owners! I really like the look of the Layan with numeral dial. I have a question about one salient detail, though: dat crown! I have a couple PAM homages of the 44mm "6154" case variety -- i.e., cushion case without the crown guard, i.e., just like the Layan. But I've never seen one with a crown that large. It's almost a canteen crown. Is it comfortable to wear?? Any homage wearers who could compare it to a 44mm with/without crown guard?

#21 ·
I do not own one yet but will speak regarding how the majority wear their watches.

I am a rightie who wears watches on my left wrist. My watch is put on my wrist to the left of the bump on the outer part of your arm. If this is how you wear your watches, you will not have any issues. I have worn Russian Divers with the canteen over the crown, and it never gave me one moment of trouble. If you think it will be a problem, another option for you would be to wear it on the opposite wrist. Some people wear a watch on the wrist they write with... Bill Clinton and Barack Obama are both lefties and wear their watches on their left wrist. So, there shouldn't be any problems wearing it whichever way you want. PErsonally, I do not see where the crown will be a problem.

#24 ·
Maybe I should have worded my answer better. It will depend on how you wear your watch. Auston wears his closer to the hand, where as I wear mine to the left of the bump on your wrist. This will move the watch up and away so the back of your hand will not touch the crown.

Hopefully this will help in your decision.

Reactions: JakeJD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.