WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

+++The Official Orient Mako Club!+++

744K views 2K replies 572 participants last post by  guspech750 
#1 ·
C'mon, folks. It's an affordable classic. I call it the best automatic watch $100 can buy. You love it. I love it. It's a leading contender for most recommended watch on the WUS Affordables Sub-Forum. It's the Orient Mako.

So, post 'em up. Let's see your Makos!

My first was a Pepsi:

One Black:

Also, a Yellow:

And finally the Black Mako that's here to stay b-)|>:

See less See more
#2 ·
Can I join?

My beautiful black Mako was so good-looking that a classmate at the medical institute decided to steal it while it was off my wrist. I will be ordering a new one soon, along with a replacement Zulu strap as well.

#3 ·
I've had my Blue Mako for a year..love it only wish it was 43-45mm
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Reactions: Kazama and Berkut
#4 ·
me too... please...please... ;-)

When I look at this watch I stumble about the price, it looks so good.
I know that some other WUS friends have had problems with O-USA, and that bums me out because I place this watch up with my favorites, that cost much more. I would not have known about the Mako if not for WUS. Here's my different straps, same watch:

Original rubber:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Pam-like thick leather:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

IW Zulu:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Currently on IW leather:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#13 ·
me too... please...please... ;-)

When I look at this watch I stumble about the price, it looks so good.
I know that some other WUS friends have had problems with O-USA, and that bums me out because I place this watch up with my favorites, that cost much more. I would not have known about the Mako if not for WUS. Here's my different straps, same watch:

Original rubber:
View attachment 479018

Pam-like thick leather:
View attachment 479021

IW Zulu:
View attachment 479022

Currently on IW leather:
View attachment 479023
But of course. Great strap combos, Skywatch. A worthy favorite, the humble Mako.

#36 ·
Here is my Pepsi Mako on a blue leather "racing strap". I have a friend of mine with an Omega Seamaster/Rolex fetish and he has commented on how great the Mako looks. Details in the logo, fit and finish of the face and hands. He couldn't believe a watch this good looking is so affordable.

I am definitely keeping my eye open for a deal on a yellow faced Mako ...

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

#41 ·
Here is my Pepsi Mako on a blue leather "racing strap". I have a friend of mine with an Omega Seamaster/Rolex fetish and he has commented on how great the Mako looks. Details in the logo, fit and finish of the face and hands. He couldn't believe a watch this good looking is so affordable.

I am definitely keeping my eye open for a deal on a yellow faced Mako ...

View attachment 480578
Your Fetishist Friend is right, Marty. That Pepsi/Rally combo is a knockout, Brotha!

#39 ·
Another "same watch different straps" set :) :

Reactions: ChiefWahoo
#47 ·
Me too! Me too!

Here's my black Mako on Sinn Rubber b-)b-)b-) Not at all bad (except that the strap cost more than the watch! :roll:).
Must admit, it looks good on the black Mako.

(I'm assuming the Sinn strap is made from actual rubber, and smells like vanilla?)