Quickie Review of a Strap from our friend trikpa (Patrik) Of Clover Straps
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Quickie Review of a Strap from our friend trikpa (Patrik) Of Clover Straps

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quickie Review of a Strap from our friend trikpa (Patrik) Of Clover Straps

So just before I went off on Holiday I was slowly starting to realize that my Seiko Sarb017 just wasn't getting the wrist time it used to. After thinking about it for a bit I came to the conclusion that it was because of the strap. it was on a leather Nato from natostrapco. The strap was great, comfortable and all that, there were just two problems. I've come to realize that I no longer really like Natos, the excess strap gets on my nerves as it never seems to stay in its keepers. Secondly because the strap was quite thin due to it being a Nato it had stretched as I wore it. I was now stuck with a choice of either wearing the watch too tight or wearing it so that it spun around my wrist. Neither of which was comfortable for me.

This stewed in the back of my mind for a while as my Alpinist got less and less wrist time. Eventually I stopped wearing it all together. Looking around the forums I started seeing some of Patriks' work, most notably the work he had done for Bradjhomes. This eventually led me to his Facebook page and next thing I new I was sending him a PM as a "Feeler". I wanted to get an idea of what it would cost because, custom strap man, can't be cheap. My mind was quite blown then when in the end the strap cost me a grand total of $50 shipping and buckle included!

Working with Patrik is great, he makes everything easy to understand and goes well out of his way to make sure that he knows exactly what you want for your strap. Which considering I had no idea what I wanted was no mean feat. Originally I went to him and I had the idea of having brown strap with green stitching. After talking for a while I basically gave him free reign and told him to make a strap that he thought would fit the Alpinist.

After all the talking was done I went on holiday and let Patrik work his magic. By the time I was back there was an e-mail sitting in my inbox letting me know the strap was ready. He'd gone a different direction to what I'd initially specified and made me a dark green strap with cream stitches. It's Fantastic. Patrik offered to make me another strap that was more to my specifications and I wouldn't have to pay a cent extra. I told him to shut up and take my money

I must also note that due to the fact that I barely looked at my mails while on holiday I was extremely late to the table with payment and Patrik just shrugged it off. I know a lot of sellers who would have just blacklisted me and then sold the strap to someone else. Like I said, awesome guy to work with!

Before I bore you chaps completely lets get on to the unboxing :

Nice brown envelope, had some padding in... Not much more to say really...
    WP_20140802_10_46_54_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr

Unfortunately the Wax seal didn't survive the intercontinental travel. Great touch though, nice business card as well
    WP_20140802_10_47_14_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr

Boom! The strap, love the little clover leaf. Got it attached to my car keys now
    WP_20140802_10_48_23_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr
    WP_20140802_10_49_15_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr

With the watch the strap was made for :
    WP_20140802_10_50_35_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr

Both sides of the strap are stamped in the underside:
    WP_20140802_10_52_06_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr
    WP_20140802_10_52_21_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr

Sunlight shows off the colour better:
    WP_20140802_10_49_41_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr

Finally on the watch and oh my, you'd swear this was the strap the watch came on
    WP_20140802_10_55_33_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr
    WP_20140802_10_55_40_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr

Finally on the wrist
    WP_20140802_10_56_49_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr
    WP_20140802_10_56_58_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr
    WP_20140802_10_57_03_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr
    WP_20140802_10_56_53_Pro by devoncoetzee, on Flickr

I think it looks fantastic and it is most definitely the most pliable leather watch strap I have. Sits on my wrist like it was made for it (Wink, wink). It has literally breathed new life into my Alpinist. I'm now eager to wear the watch, it's amazing the difference a well made strap can make in the appearance of watch and how it wears

Anyone else with a clover strap, please share you experiences here as well
    Last edited by FrakkenPrawn; August 3rd, 2014 at 11:30. Reason: Fixing title :P
    Current Collection:
    Seiko SARB017, Cobra de Calibre, Pobeda (Skeleton Dial), ~91 Komandirskie (Helicopter Dial), Melbourne Hawthorne, Lew & Huey White Acionna, Lew & Huey Orange Spectre, Swatch Irony

Incoming:
    Helgray GMT, HMT Badass Unicorn, Lew & Huey Legends x1, Lew & Huey Blue Cerberus, CMWF '14 GMT

Eyeballing:
    Makara Hawksbill Sea Turtle Red, Lew & Huey Legends x1, Lew & Huey Orthos Red

Re: Quickie Review of a Strap from our friend tripka (Partrik) Of Clover Straps

That's a gorgeous strap and suits Alpinist perfectly. Bravo

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    FrakkenPrawn likes this.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    That's a gorgeous strap and suits Alpinist perfectly. Bravo

Thanks I love it. When not under direct sunlight it's so dark it looks almost black and has a very classy feel. Put it under the sunlight and the green starts to come out and gives it a sportier feel, it's great. I can also already see that this strap is going to "Age" well. Give it a month or two of hard use and I think it's going to develop a very "rugged" character that will fit the Alpinist to the T
    Current Collection:
    Seiko SARB017, Cobra de Calibre, Pobeda (Skeleton Dial), ~91 Komandirskie (Helicopter Dial), Melbourne Hawthorne, Lew & Huey White Acionna, Lew & Huey Orange Spectre, Swatch Irony

Incoming:
    Helgray GMT, HMT Badass Unicorn, Lew & Huey Legends x1, Lew & Huey Blue Cerberus, CMWF '14 GMT

Eyeballing:

Quote Originally Posted by FrakkenPrawn View Post
    Thanks I love it. When not under direct sunlight it's so dark it looks almost black and has a very classy feel. Put it under the sunlight and the green starts to come out and gives it a sportier feel, it's great. I can also already see that this strap is going to "Age" well. Give it a month or two of hard use and I think it's going to develop a very "rugged" character that will fit the Alpinist to the T
    The difference in colour between the indoor and outdoor pics is really striking.
    Makes me want an Alpinist again :(

FrakkenPrawn likes this.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    The difference in colour between the indoor and outdoor pics is really striking.
    Makes me want an Alpinist again :(
    Haha, well if you do end up getting one, you know where to go for the strap
    Current Collection:

Incoming:

Eyeballing:

That looks fantastic!
    FrakkenPrawn likes this.

The straps are good

The prices are great

The service is excellent

It works well on your Alpinist too
    Brad
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Inactive

Am I right in thinking the house style is chucky / rugged?
    FrakkenPrawn likes this.

Great strap, Devon! Congrats!

I've had Patrik make me 4 straps now and I have absolutely no complaints. His quality is amazing, his prices are dangerously affordable and his turnaround is fast. I've only had 1 other strap come from a strap maker other than Patrik and he's pretty much my go-to on anything that I need custom made for a watch.
    FrakkenPrawn likes this.

Congrats Devon. That's a great combo for the Alpinist. Enjoy your watch once again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    FrakkenPrawn likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information