Rose Gold dress watch suggestions
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rose Gold dress watch suggestions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rose Gold dress watch suggestions

Hi guys, I've been following this forum for a a little while now. I have some nice watches being shipped to me right now. So, now it's time for my first post. I would appreciate some suggestions.

I'm looking for a classy, classic looking (rose) gold dress watch. It must be an automatic, no quartz stuff. I initially wanted to get the Christopher Ward C5 Malvern Automatic. I really like the classic style and the swiss mechanics. Besides I've only heard positive stories about CW and this C5 in particular.

However, I'm not really convinced it suits me that well: I think it's rather small with a 38mm diameter (although I'm also not looking for a 43mm one or bigger) and I simply don't like to pay 400 euro for a watch I haven't tried on yet. For a watch costing considerably less, I wouldnt mind...

Another watch I've been contemplating is the Seagull LE D219.360.

First off all, the price 109$ + shipping is great. Seems like a steal. But I'm not really sure the watch is that much of a classic dress watch. I also don't 100% like the bezel with is shape. I don't know the English word for the shape, but I like the bezel to be clean en well rounded.

So, I hope you guys have some suggestions for me. I really don't care whether it's a Chinese or Swiss. As long as it's a reliable movement. I'd like to spend a maximum of 400 euro, but anything (considerably) cheaper is always nice!

Re: Rose Gold dress watch suggestions

Check out the Hamilton Jazzmaster and Tissot Visodate.

I know what you mean about the Sea-Gull 55th. It has a lot of fans here and maybe I need to see it in the flesh but to me the different design elements don't quite hand together. The CW on the other hand is a very refined looking watch, remember they have a 60 day no quibble return policy.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

The 55 is far nicer in the flesh than even the better photos show.
    Not blingy at all, the knurled bezel is more subtle, the dial,well, stunning is not close

Name:  LGIM0060.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  1.11 MBName:  LGIM0061.jpg
Views: 1666
Size:  1.38 MBName:  LGIM0068.jpg
Views: 1731
Size:  1.37 MB
    Depends how you see dress watch, size, thickness, the Siberia is handwind but another looker.

The seagull 55 would look great if not for the weird 55 marking at the 11 o'clock position IMHO...

Word of advice about rosegold : Try to get a real life picture of it if you are buying online. With official photos that play with lighting, rosegold may look awesome in pictures but be pretty underwhelming in person.

Thanks for the replies. So far the one I really liked is the Jazzmaster viewmatic. It's still quite expensive(especially here in Holland) and topmax of my budget, so any cheaper suggestions would be appreciated. I just decided I'm definately not going for the 55: just not 100% liking it.

And IanC, thanks, but I do know what rosegold looks like. I also have a weaponring in rose gold, that's one of the reasons I want a matching dress watch. But I agree, pictures can deceive, especially with photoshopping and lightning.

The dial might not be "simple" enough to be a classic dress watch, but I recently bought this rose gold TX for $150 and I love it:

Here's a pretty in depth review of the rose gold jazzmaster from one of our fellow forummers: http://www.rosswatchreview.com/?p=705 It's got really pretty pictures.
    Rodina "Small Seconds" (White/Blue), Orient Mako(Pepsi), Casio A178W, Casio Edifice EF340SB-1A1V, Casio AE-1200WH-1AV, Vostok Amphibian Ministry - Teal "modern" dial, 1953 Eterna-matic Birks Challenger

Double Post, sorry.
    Last edited by mrsamsa; June 11th, 2011 at 08:03.
    Rodina "Small Seconds" (White/Blue), Orient Mako(Pepsi), Casio A178W, Casio Edifice EF340SB-1A1V, Casio AE-1200WH-1AV, Vostok Amphibian Ministry - Teal "modern" dial, 1953 Eterna-matic Birks Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by arktika1148 View Post
    The 55 is far nicer in the flesh than even the better photos show.
    Not blingy at all, the knurled bezel is more subtle, the dial,well, stunning is not close

+1 The stock pictures don't do it justice. Check out these threads from the Chinese watch forum for better shots. I have one and a co-worker got one after he saw mine. I do agree that the 55 could have been better, but outside of that, worth much more that the cost. Just amazing in person IMHO.

Seagull 55th Anniversary D219.360

55th Anniversary Seagull
    The Kid.

(ok, so I'm not that young but try to live like I am...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information