Show off your Seiko 5
Like Tree5691Likes

Thread: Show off your Seiko 5

Page 1 of 204 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Show off your Seiko 5

Just got my first Seiko 5. I love the watch! Amazing value. I wonder why Seiko does not sell there value line in the United States. They could clean up if they were in Macy's and the like. Better price and a zillion times better than any Fossil or Invicta I have ever seen! Anyways lets see your Seiko 5s! Comments welcome all around!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Show off your Seiko 5

It seems like that Seiko 5 mechanical automatic movements hold up better in other watches than the hardlex version. And, they sell Seiko Monsters on Amazon which is in America. You mean, why don't they sell Seiko Monster in retail stores, right? Seiko Monsters are pretty expensive compared to Invicta or Fossil for one. I could buy three to four Invicta Pro Divers with the same mechanical automatic movement for $50 for one Seiko Monster.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Hidden Content Hidden Content

I am speaking just about Seiko 5 themselves. Yes they are online but not in retail stores? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    It seems like that Seiko 5 mechanical automatic movements hold up better in other watches than the hardlex version. And, they sell Seiko Monsters on Amazon which is in America. You mean, why don't they sell Seiko Monster in retail stores, right? Seiko Monsters are pretty expensive compared to Invicta or Fossil for one. I could buy three to four Invicta Pro Divers with the same mechanical automatic movement for $50 for one Seiko Monster.

It's true the Seiko 5s are great value, and many of them don't seem to get distributed outside Asia except gray market. Here's my SNZG15J1, which seems only available from internet sources. In fact it's the watch I was interested in when I came researching here on WUS three years ago. Yes, these are gateway drugs.

Name:  SeikoSNGZ15Fri13.jpg
Views: 48942
Size:  188.8 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

I live in small town on the west coast. There is a Seiko dealer that carries Seiko 5 watches. Nothing that I like, and probably at MSRP, but they're there.

Here is my Seiko 5 from the bay

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

I've a couple.

I also have a couple:

My eldest:
    Name:  Adjusted 4.jpg
Views: 47322
Size:  67.9 KB

And my newest:
    Name:  Adjusted 2.jpg
Views: 49824
Size:  214.4 KB
    Marrin, romseyman, OCDood and 6 others like this.
    Seiko SNZG15J1
    Seiko SNZE35K
    Casio A168WA-1YES

Group pict of a few I have in the 5 line

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    It's true the Seiko 5s are great value, and many of them don't seem to get distributed outside Asia except gray market. Here's my SNZG15J1, which seems only available from internet sources. In fact it's the watch I was interested in when I came researching here on WUS three years ago. Yes, these are gateway drugs.
    +1 !! This is exactly how I got into WUS too.

Funny thing is, I never did buy one of these but I seem to slowly be building a collection of every other WUS favourite.

- mrwomble
    skywatch likes this.

only 2

Name:  PDSC_0024.JPG
Views: 47181
Size:  313.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0006p.JPG
Views: 48059
Size:  278.3 KB
    Have a great day!
    Simon