Thread: Smith & Wesson tritium watches

Smith & Wesson tritium watches

I'm wondering if anyone can comment about the build quality and brightness of the tritium markers in the Smith & Wesson line of watches. They look pretty decent but with any of the off brands I'm unsure of the quality. I'm looking at the Smith & Wesson executive line with Ti case and tritium markers. any experience or comments, similar watches I maybe should be looking at? <$200
    something like one of these http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson-E.../dp/B00126XT2M They can be had way cheaper than listed
    Last edited by Suncoast; April 14th, 2011 at 00:48.

Re: Smith & Wesson tritium watches

saw the same watch on ebay a few days ago new but with a yellow face for $ 130. It was listed as the Executive. I had one similar and liked it.

Yes I saw that one as well, just wondering about the quality and brightness?

Made by CampCo, just like Uzi watches. CampCo - Home Page

Do a search on the forums for CampCo, Smith and Wesson, Wesson, or Uzi .... will turn up some more information.

Best of luck,
    Mike

I own a tritium watch by Uzi, and if the watch by S&W is made by the same company that produces Uzi watches, then the quality might just be the same.

I wouldn't that my Uzi balistic is super bright but the tritium does what it is supposed to do; the hands are visible 24/7
    "Life is more than just a sum of the 6 senses" - Jefnando

Quote Originally Posted by jefnando View Post
    I own a tritium watch by Uzi, and if the watch by S&W is made by the same company that produces Uzi watches, then the quality might just be the same.

I wouldn't that my Uzi balistic is super bright but the tritium does what it is supposed to do; the hands are visible 24/7
    That brings up a good point. It seems to me that originally, CampCo did not use the mb-microtec tritium tubes which are the same ones found in the Traser and Luminox watches. But one of their representatives posted here on the forums within the past couple of years that they had switched and do use the mb-microtec tubes. Though the Ballistic model should be new enough that it uses the mb-microtec tubes. Now, under normal daylight/ambient light conditions, tritium tubes aren't all that impressive. Then again, in those conditions you really don't need illumination. But where they really shine (no pun intended) is when it's dark. That's when you get the full benefit of tritium gas tubes.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jefnando View Post

I will second that reccomendation for UZI watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Suncoast View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone can comment about the build quality and brightness of the tritium markers in the Smith & Wesson line of watches. They look pretty decent but with any of the off brands I'm unsure of the quality...
    Here is a pic of 3 tritium watches side by side by side. One is a Mondaine. One is a Marathon. One is a Smith & Wesson. The Smith & Wesson is the dim one.... 'nuff said.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by steve12345 View Post
    saw the same watch on ebay a few days ago new but with a yellow face for $ 130. It was listed as the Executive. I had one similar and liked it.
    I just purchased the one on eBay you're talking about, I got it today and it's not running(probably a dead battery), and the tritium sucks ass compared to my Uzi, probably like 1/4 of the brightness, but a titanium watch with titanium bracelet at $125 is pretty good.

EDIT: I got a lume shot; Uzi, Smith and Wesson, and then Citizen NY2300.

Last edited by Roger999; April 27th, 2011 at 10:26.

Thread Information