Stuhrling , Kenneth cole watches, any good?

Thread: Stuhrling , Kenneth cole watches, any good?

Stuhrling , Kenneth cole watches, any good?

Saw a bunch of watches by this brand Stuhrling and i really like the designe. anybody know if this brand is reliable? i think these watches look really cool. Same with kenneth cole watches are they good at all?

Re: Stuhrling , Kenneth cole watches, any good?

Quote Originally Posted by warlord View Post
    Saw a bunch of watches by this brand Stuhrling and i really like the designe. anybody know if this brand is reliable? i think these watches look really cool. Same with kenneth cole watches are they good at all?
    Don't know about Stuhrling, but KC is just branded Fashion watches, manufactured by an outside company for Kenneth Cole, somewhere in Asia. I've had several and they are pretty solid quality, though nothing extraordinary. What they have going for them is they they are relatively inexpensive, and generally pretty nicely styled. IN my experience the best thing about the brand is that if anything goes wrong with the watch, it is covered by a lifetime KC guarantee, and they will fix it free of charge. I had one that an old girlfriend had given me. The watch died and I threw it away. she saw it in the trash and told me to take it to the store. I did and a month later I had the watch back. They had cleaned it, refinished the case, replaced the crystal, and put a new movement in it. The only thing I got charged for was a new battery. I still have it in a drawer somewhere.

This things retail for little, but you can find them very cheaply on eBay.

I think as far as the Sturhling watches go that you will find the quartz pieces quite nice considering their price range.

Their Chinese Automatics are a question mark in my book but their dials and designs are really nice. I have heard that they have redesigned their newer automatic movements to be more reliable.

Stuhrling is about 5 years old and has a history of producing homage pieces. They have swiss and german machinery which was sent to China and produces the stamped dials and other parts with this vintage machinery. Really a great idea and the fit and finish is very impressive at their price point.

They have produced homage pieces on Parmagiani, Muhle Glashutte, Franck Mueller, Ikepod, and a host of others.

I strickly purchase their quartz products but do have a number of their automatics....couldnt resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    Don't know about Stuhrling, but KC is just branded Fashion watches, manufactured by an outside company for Kenneth Cole, somewhere in Asia. I've had several and they are pretty solid quality, though nothing extraordinary. What they have going for them is they they are relatively inexpensive, and generally pretty nicely styled. IN my experience the best thing about the brand is that if anything goes wrong with the watch, it is covered by a lifetime KC guarantee, and they will fix it free of charge. I had one that an old girlfriend had given me. The watch died and I threw it away. she saw it in the trash and told me to take it to the store. I did and a month later I had the watch back. They had cleaned it, refinished the case, replaced the crystal, and put a new movement in it. The only thing I got charged for was a new battery. I still have it in a drawer somewhere.

This things retail for little, but you can find them very cheaply on eBay.
    That really is very impressive service, good for KC

I must have a look at their watches - anyone suggest a good seller?

I have (2) Sturhlings and the misses have (2) also 1 ea automatic and quartz. the Auto arent working that great has the old movement in them but the Quartz work fine. I need to send the auto's in very soon for a re-fit/movt

I like Kenneth Cole for fashion watches. I bought a couple a few years ago. They seemed to have unique styles for the fashion genre. Inspired more by watches of the 50's or 60's, rather than the standard current trends.

I haven't looked at their watches lately, though. I'll have to check them out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    That really is very impressive service, good for KC

I must have a look at their watches - anyone suggest a good seller?
    Any Kenneth Cole at a mall will have them. Also the KC website. For better prices, if there is a Kenneth Cole outlet store (if there is one near you) where you can find them for about 50% off depending on the model. Most large department stores often carry them as well.

On line eBay probably has the best prices.

As for the warranty, I have never been asked to prove that the watch was purchased at a KC store. They were taken no questions asked.

Thread Information