Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Swiss Legend quality?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Girona, Spain (current) | Toronto, Canada

Swiss Legend quality?

Lately I've been seeing quite a number of Swiss Legend watches... including a 90013-11 GMT World Time for 99$ today. What is Swiss Legend quality like? The price seems right , but I'm hesitant to sway from Seiko, Orient, or Citizen!

Re: Swiss Legend quality?

Order it from Amazon and ship it back if you don't like it. :-D

They have very relaxed return policies.
    Way too many watches to list these days but one is most meaningful to me...

Ocean7 American #66/100

Inactive

well, buying a swiss legend still keeps you in the japanese and chinese market. kind of funny to name a watch swiss legend. should have named it swiss myth instant bullcrap. imo.
    Celestias likes this.

But other than that, Sean, you like it, right? lol

paul
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

I actually just got my first SL piece...I paid 100.00 for it shipped from world of watches and I must say I am rather happy with it. It's a quartz chrono with an ETA running the show...

Considering the price I paid for it, and the design and construction I feel like I got a great deal.

So far so good with it holding together and running properly.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

I bought the silver dial GMT on woot for $89+$5 shipping a couple weeks ago. The case size, thickness and construction is fairly comparable to an Invicta Ocean Ghost in size. The watch is massive, but the lugs are curved (once again similar to the Ocean Ghost) to the point that the watch fits my 8" wrist perfectly. The bracelet is massive and it's of outstanding quality, even if the watch were $300+. It's comparable to the Invicta 9937 bracelet. Aside from that, the watch comes with two half links, so I'm certain it can fit just about anyone perfectly. Also, the crown screws down quite smoothly. I haven't taken the watch off since I got it. I will warn you all that it is very, very heavy, but after the first day or two, I got used to it. I have two Swiss Legend pieces. The first one I got was this: http://www.shopnbc.com/Swiss_Legend_Women_s_or_Men_s_Stainless_Steel_Watc h/J173916.aspx?storeid=1&track=1461&page=LIST&catego ry=Watches|t311∝=Swiss%20Legend|1461∝=Men%27s|472& catprop=472&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N

That watch was poorly constructed and the screws in the bracelet were so fine that they stripped out really easily. Aside from that, the clasp was worthless. It came open every time I bent my wrist. While I was hesitant to purchase another Swiss Legend, I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the GMT. The bracelet utilizes larger screws and the clasp hasn't caused any problems at all. By far, the GMT has the best quality I've seen so far from the brand, and you can't beat deal for under $100. The watch feels and wears like a watch worth four times the price I paid. I just wish it had a sapphire crystal, but aside from that, I absolutely love the watch.

Regards,
    Cameron

I currently own the Atlantis 1,000 meter diver. I wasn't pleased with the quality of the bracelet, however, the rubber strap that was included also, is of very high quality. It is powered by an eta 2824 movement which I've found to be extremely accurate, currently running +5 seconds with the atomic clock since synchronization a couple days ago.
    Last edited by smfd14; September 25th, 2008 at 01:51.
    Regards,

Phil

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do." ~ Andrew Carnegie

The three 46mm carbon fiber dial SL chronos I bought - blue, grey, chocolate - are beauties. Picked up an all black 47mm 'Throttle' with a 30mm bracelet which outranks every watch I own in its take-no-prisoners aggressiveness. All steel; no rubber or leather.

All four SLs cost a total of $180 w/shipping on clearance from some bay outlet. Couldn't pass them up.

Overall, the quality of the watches is excellent. The fit and finish is surprisingly fine. Quartz accuracy, of course.

Snazzy, showy - cheap dates all - but genuinely 'nice' when you get them home. Glad to have this bunch in my collection. Would not have considered them except for the incredible price I paid. But they are worth their normal 'discounted' prices without question.

I've been looking at this one to satisfy my need to buy something http://www.shopnbc.com/Swiss_Legend_...chList-_-N-_-N
    .................................................. .......................

Seiko Diver SKXA35
    Seiko Perpetual Calendar SNQ041P1
    Citizen Titanium
    Casio Gshock
    Thunderbirds FF II

I just got a version of that watch...and I love it. The strap isn't gerat but it can be replaced.

Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information