WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Watches and Food! Show it off, make us hungry

60K views 496 replies 109 participants last post by  stbob 
#1 · (Edited)
We've seen your BBQ, and mmmm it looked good. You've been showing off your watches and beverages for years now. Occasionally I catch a WRUW glimpse of something yummy, with your watch in the foreground. Let's put 'em all in one place. Why? Because I'm trying to procrastinate and this sounds like fun. And it's lunchtime, I'm hungry. b-)

Dinner last Sunday looked like this. Steamer of clams and mussels in a broth with dry vermouth, local SF sourdough bread, Caesar salad, roasted fingerling potatoes with spicy aioli, Guigal Cotes du Rhone blanc. The Mako is a great cooking watch, I don't worry about it when washing up.

Mussel Food Clam Dish Oyster

See less See more
#6 ·
Mussels!!!! Robert, can I come eat with you, buddy? Looks damn good. As I threw in today's WRUW thread, my Mako taking a quick hummus break with me:

View attachment 1035112
I knew I remembered seeing some nibbles on a WRUW thread lately. ;-)
And yes, you are welcome to drop by for a visit! :-! You're only about two hours away I think?
It still looks like you'll be missing our meet-up in May? That's one heck of a good Turkish restaurant in Campbell.

Reactions: cheapie
#12 ·
Yum! I love the fresh vegetable broth construction. That looks a bit like food at our house. I try to cook healthy and light much of the time, to make up for the occasional extravagance. Tonight turned out really good: two salads and a steamed artichoke served with soy/wasabi. By the way, if you eat artichokes with butter or mayonaise, try dipping in a sushi style wasabi blend - low cal perfection. The salads were a Moroccan-style lentil salad (lemon, olive oil & spice dressing) and chicken/apple/raisin/pine-nuts/egg/basil with fresh lime, with garden arugula and Romaine. And a watch of course. ;-)

Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Produce

#15 ·
Indeed! I came up with this combination because my wife doesn't like mayonnaise. She barely has the patience to eat an artichoke, but she'll eat them with the "sushi blend" of light soy sauce with a bit of wasabi. It meshes really well with the earthy-grassy cynarin character of the artichoke. (We use the S&B Wasabi paste because we don't have the roots growing nearby.)

Reactions: J.W.
#20 ·
Love this thread. I'll participate today, although I had nothing to do with the making of this Hoagie (you may call it a sub, but in Philly it is a hoagie). We have Prosciutto, Sopressata, sharp provolone, roasted peppers, lettuce, tomato, onions all topped with some olive oil. View attachment 1036194
Nice Hero! That's what we call them in NYC...

DON

#21 ·
First some history. When Bliss and I were young and newly wed, I asked her to try her hand at baking some bread. She tried and was successful. Thirty five years later, I can honestly say that we have spent less than the price of a moderately affordable watch on store bought bread. Sarah seems to have a preference fore Wonder White but Bliss and I still love the home made product of our own oven. These just came out of the oven.

#23 ·
Those loaves look amazing! I love the Zissou sans bezel also. :-! I confess I have a passion for our local sourdough here in the SF Bay Area, and I have tried my hand at it several times, but the starter has a way of changing - it's a living thing, and the thick crust requires special ovens. Actually the best crusty sourdough became very rare after 1978, when the three biggest San Francisco bakeries got bought by a holding company that moved them all to a conveyer-belt oven in Oakland. A sad day for bread lovers...

#24 ·
This thread is inducing me to take photos before dinner. What the heck. My new (used) Glycine is in here somewhere, with grilled asparagus wrapped in speck and a big salad salad of tuna, apple, snap peas, arugula, Napa cabbage, roasted pine nuts and other stuff. We're trying to be good this week, because on Saturday some buddies are coming over to taste our winemaker friend's new dry rosé, and we'll put out a big smoked ham, cheeses and all sorts of evil things... because, well, it tastes good with rosé. :)

Dish Food Meal Salad Cuisine

Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Salad

#27 ·
Avocado, ham, egg, cilantro, and garlic mayo on parmesan bagel. +2 egg rolls, leftovers from last night.

Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Fast food

Scuba dude wants in.
Food Dish Cuisine Ingredient Baked goods

#30 ·
Preview of tonight's gathering, still wrapped up, a 9 lb applewood smoked ham. The reason we try to eat lightly on other days...

Food Dish Cuisine Ingredient Meat

#32 ·
#34 ·
My Maratac with some freshly baked pizza.

Dough made fresh today at a local bakery (left is traditional, right is wheat)

Under the cheese: pepperoni, feta, and goat cheese
Above: Sauteed a mixture of yellow onion, orange pepper, sweet pepper sausage, and mushrooms with some seasonings

View attachment 1037637
Love goats cheese on a pizza. Might have to make one tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.