where can I get West End watches?

Thread: where can I get West End watches?

-->

where can I get West End watches?

Hi, I just recently found out about West End Watch Co. These watches fit all the requirements I want such as fixed lugs, large crown, hand-wind(I think they are, info is scarce), trench watch. I searched the forums for places to buy it but its either eBay or as an inheritance. I went to their site and nothing on prices or places to buy. I did see dealers in the Persian Gulf region, Europe and Asia but nothing for USA.

[1] Do they still make new watches?
    [2] What is their price range, at least for the 1916 Sowar reissue or Queen Anne?

Thanks for your help
    .:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:. .:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:. .:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:. .:.:..:.:..:.:.::..:.:.:.
    .:.:. Vintage Seiko 5 .:.:. Alpha Milsub .:.:. Boctok Komandirskie T34x .:.:. Paketa 24 World Time .:.:. HMT Pilot .:.:.:.::..::..:::.:.:..:.:.
    .::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..: :..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::. .::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..: :..::..::..:..:::..:..:.:.

Re: where can I get West End watches?

Tell me why you would consider paying nearly $10,000 for this?

It looks like nothing, and it can probably keep time no better than a Casio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dule View Post
    While I don't understand the $10,000 price tag, I think you'll find that no mechanical watch will keep time as well as a Casio - because they are quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by domi View Post
    While I don't understand the $10,000 price tag, I think you'll find that no mechanical watch will keep time as well as a Casio - because they are quartz.
    So, you have 3 advantages to a quartz watch, and principally they keep time the best. They're cheap. You don't have to wind them.

Tell me why you would consider paying nearly $10,000 for this?

Hi Dule, it seems you are a new member. Welcome. Look around the forums and you will get addicted to this stuff.

This watch is a replica of a vintage watch called the trench watch. I've been looking for one because of the style, the large case, fixed lugs, and dial. I couldn't find the price which is why I asked but at $1000, it is not affordable. However, on ebay, I have seen vintage ones that I may have a chance at getting.

It is true that it won't keep as good time as a cheap quartz but thats not the reason we're here. Otherwise, no one would care about this site everyone would have a Casio or Timex. There is something about a watch that catches one's eye, similar to an old Datsun 510 BMW E30.
    .:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:. .:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:. .:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:..:.:. .:.:..:.:..:.:.::..:.:.:.
    .:.:. Vintage Seiko 5 .:.:. Alpha Milsub .:.:. Boctok Komandirskie T34x .:.:. Paketa 24 World Time .:.:. HMT Pilot .:.:.:.::..::..:::.:.:..:.:.
    .::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..: :..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::. .::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::..: :..::..::..:..:::..:..:.:.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyj View Post
    Hi Dule, it seems you are a new member. Welcome. Look around the forums and you will get addicted to this stuff.

This watch is a replica of a vintage watch called the trench watch. I've been looking for one because of the style, the large case, fixed lugs, and dial. I couldn't find the price which is why I asked but at $1000, it is not affordable. However, on ebay, I have seen vintage ones that I may have a chance at getting.

It is true that it won't keep as good time as a cheap quartz but thats not the reason we're here. Otherwise, no one would care about this site everyone would have a Casio or Timex. There is something about a watch that catches one's eye, similar to an old Datsun 510 BMW E30.
    The watch in my pic is nearly 10,000, not 1,000

The watch in my pic is nearly 10,000, not 1,000
    And the $10,000 watch in your pic is 18ct solid white gold
    Alan.

I've always wondered why watch prices increase the way they do when the case is made of solid gold. There's not that much gold in there, but if people are willing to pay that much.....

my mistake, the Sowar and the Queen Anne look similar. There is a point at which I would consider to be madness and this $10k is it. I prefer form over function but this style(Sowar 1916, not Queen Anne) has captured my eye. If I save enough over a period of 10 years, I might not feel bad if I get it.

Thread Information