Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who makes Redline ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Who makes Redline ?

I just received the watch below for a graduation present. I've had the watch all of 2 weeks and already see that the time and date are both off every time I pick the watch up. It is getting pretty ridiculous! After contacting SWI (thanks to this thread), I now have to send the watch back with an additional $10.00 check so they can ship it back to me! If you ask me it is ridiculous that I need to send them $10 because they cannot get a watch to me that works correctly! I would have to say that the watch looks nice, but go with another brand, because Red Line watches aren't very good!! As you can see from the thread, many people are having the same problem!

Name:  Redline Watch.jpg
Views: 4063
Size:  44.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mlittleton View Post
    Why all the hate on Invicata's? I don't understand.
    I pontificate on my (personal) objections to Invicta and Stuhrling Original here. Others have posted similar opinions; the only Invicta that, in my mind, comes anywhere near to being recommendable is the 8926 series.

If you don't have the time, energy, etc. to read my admittedly lengthy list of objections (most of which have been voiced at one time or another in other threads on the forums/fora), here's a summary:

1. From the "sale" prices that are roughly 75-90 percent discounts (which are always available, and still probably greater than what the watches are actually worth) from grossly overinflated MSRPs to misleading terms like "flame fusion" (which, from all appearances appear to be fancy euphemisms for simple mineral crystal), Invicta and other companies like them are highly disingenuous, going so far as to use terms such as "Swiss Parts" and "Swiss Movement" (neither of which is sanctioned; only the term "Swiss Made" is protected by Swiss law, and all other terms are not considered to carry legal indication of Swiss manufacture) to suggest a highly-desirable (but untrue) point of origin for these watches (to be fair, Invicta does have a small number of legitimately Swiss-made watches, but these are very few and far between). The executives/representatives of Invicta have gone to great lengths and engage in copious quantities of "spin" in order to conceal the fact that the vast majority of the shill they produce is not, as their flavor text and talk seem to suggest, high-quality.

2. Customer service (which is frequently non-existent post-sale) is a huge problem for Invicta and similar companies, and remains so even after over a decade (maybe two?) in business. From snubbing customers to flat-out refusing to service watches or honor warranties and charging exorbitant prices for servicing within warranty, it becomes increasingly clear that these watch manufacturers do not care about their watches and even less so about the people who buy them.

Bottom line: with some notable exceptions (the legitimately Swiss-made Invictas and the Invicta 8926 come to mind), the majority of Invictas are over-wrought, poorly-manufactured, over-priced, blingy, low-quality junk that is peddled by disingenuous marketers using sales tactics that are questionable at best who do not care about their product, their customers, or they way they (attempt to) do business.
    "Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events; great minds discuss ideas."

As of 2014.09.01:

Victorinox Swiss Army Dive Master 500 #241421 Chronograph (reserve)
    Omega of unknown caliber
    Lucien Piccard men's automatic day-date (FHF 909 movement; daily beater)
    Stuhrling Original Montague mechanical (modified; daily beater)
    Parnis sterile dial Explorer GMT (daily beater)

...and a number of no-name watches for parts and tinkering

I think the Red Line Watches is some with Swis Precimax watches. They are similar web sites, similar watches, 5 years warranty, no name factory-only contact with email, the watches retail price is about 750 $, but dealers sell with discount about 80$.

I just found this forum while searching REDLINE watches on Google. I have purchased numerous INVICTA watches through Chronoshark Deal A day InvictaShark..Well of the 7 Invicta watches I purchased none of them have lasted more than 1 year. They get a 10 for style, and a 1 for quality ! After abandoning ship on Invicta due to poor quality and horrible customer service, I purchased a REDLINE watch. Nice watch for $94.00, hopefully I get a year out of it. I noticed INVICTA is not mentioned as part of SWI Group as REDLINE is. I find it quite suspicious that both companies are located in HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA. I can say with utmost confidence that the above mentioned companies are one and the same. Not too happy to discover that! I can say that I purchased a COLUMBIA watch through Chronoshark 2 weeks ago. Awesome watch for $40.00 !!! I will go and buy the WENGER watch I noticed earlier today since it is a well known brand with a better reputation.

Mine has been wearing and running well 10 months into owning it. It keeps time within seconds of my Casio GW3000B-1ACR, and embarrassingly enough, much better than my Seamaster.

Nothing could be further from the truth. SWI, Inc. is a much much larger corportation/business than Invicta. SWI could easily purchase Invicta (who knows...they may already own it) and not miss a step.

From the Internet Google search:

Swiss Watch International is keeping its eye on the time. The Florida-based company designs and makes timepieces worldwide and distributes or owns watch lines including SWI (Swiss Watch International), Edox, Giordano, Jacques Lemans, Magico, Swiss Legend, Triumph Motorcycles, and Ventura. The firm sells watches to other wholesalers, as well as to retailers. Internet discount retailer Overstock.com buys the majority of its timepiece offerings through Swiss Watch. Well known throughout the watch industry, founder and chairman Eli Ben-Shmuel has his sights set on expanding the company's retail operations. Ben-Shmuel and his three sons run Swiss Watch International.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

It appears SWI was purchased last year by a private Investment firm, Clearlake Capital Group.

Swiss Watch International is bought by an investment firm

The e-retailer sells watches, accessories and apparel.

Allison Enright Editor

Topics: Behdad Eghbali, Buy.com, Clearlake Capital Group, e-commerce acquisition, Greg Giraudi, Neel Grover, NewsMakers, Swiss Watch International, WorldofWatches.com

Swiss Watch International, which operates a number of e-retail sites that sell watches, accessories and apparel including WorldofWatches.com, eWatches.com and SmartBargains.com, has been acquired by private investment firm Clearlake Capital Group. The companies announced the deal this week but did not reveal the terms of the purchase.
    Swiss Watch International, in addition to its e-retail business, also distributes watches, accessories and apparel to other online retailers. It alsosells its wares through marketplaces and flash-sales sites.
    “Swiss Watch International is the clear market leader with an exceptional executive team that has an impressive track record of merchandising, distribution and online retailing capabilities,” says Behdad Eghbali, founding partner of Clearlake Capital Group.
    Related Articles

/ Vendor Financials

Fanatics completes its Dreams acquisition
    / E-Commerce Leaders

Digital and commerce firms announce 515 deals in the first half
    / Merchandising and Design

Mattress USA Inc. acquires Carolina Rustica

Two e-commerce veterans, Neel Grover and Greg Giraudi, will join Swiss Watch International’s board of directors. Grover was CEO and Giraudi chief operating officer of Rakuten Buy.com. Both left that company effective Sept. 1 and are now executive operating partners at Clearlake Capital. “SWI is a strong platform, and we believe its growth and profitability can be enhanced by implementing key commercial, operational, and marketing initiatives,” Grover says.
    The e-retailer’s co-founders, Izac Ben-Shmuel, Lior Ben-Shmuel and Shlomi Ben-Shmuel, say they plan to continue to build the company together with Clearlake’s support.

Quote Originally Posted by dasboots View Post
    I just found this forum while searching REDLINE watches on Google. I have purchased numerous INVICTA watches through Chronoshark Deal A day InvictaShark..Well of the 7 Invicta watches I purchased none of them have lasted more than 1 year. They get a 10 for style, and a 1 for quality ! After abandoning ship on Invicta due to poor quality and horrible customer service, I purchased a REDLINE watch. Nice watch for $94.00, hopefully I get a year out of it. I noticed INVICTA is not mentioned as part of SWI Group as REDLINE is. I find it quite suspicious that both companies are located in HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA. I can say with utmost confidence that the above mentioned companies are one and the same. Not too happy to discover that! I can say that I purchased a COLUMBIA watch through Chronoshark 2 weeks ago. Awesome watch for $40.00 !!! I will go and buy the WENGER watch I noticed earlier today since it is a well known brand with a better reputation.
    Last edited by Dragoon; October 14th, 2013 at 07:57.

I got one about two years ago before I found WUS. They are made by SWI same as Swiss Legend, I was very disappointed with the quality. I thought I was getting a good deal do the the sale price, but they are always on sale somewhere. Don't believe the MSRP.

I have never owned one but have been tempted many times! I think whomever is designing these piece is being underpaid~ !

I love the designs that the Redline design team is creating are incredible. I believe if the Redline team took the actual designs they come up with and built them with sapphire crystal, swiss ETA Automatic, Valjoux 7750s and had them build by a reputable swiss watch manufacturer that Redline would be a hit. I would pay good money for one of those pieces if they built them like a Mido or Zeno brand watch.

I am not sure they would make a profit following my marketing plan but I think that highly of their dial chamber and case design work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilby View Post
    I got one about two years ago before I found WUS. They are made by SWI same as Swiss Legend, I was very disappointed with the quality. I thought I was getting a good deal do the the sale price, but they are always on sale somewhere. Don't believe the MSRP.
    Last edited by Dragoon; October 15th, 2013 at 02:34.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJD View Post
    I was trying to figure out this same thing last week -- WoW (I think -- maybe ChronoShark) had one at a pretty nice discount. The line seems to all be Japan-sourced quartz, and the prices are all north of $150. I'm not sure its Casio, because Casio has a separate "Casio Redline" product line (as do Android and Nixon, apparently). Those are unmistakably marked "Casio" -- whereas these "Redline" watches are only marked as such.

Oddly, I can't get a clear visual of the case back on any of the retail sites (Amazon, WoW, eWatches, szul). It's like they don't want you to be able to read the caseback... Szul says 5 year manufacturer warranty, though...
    TheSWIGroup (The SWI Group: Swiss Watch International) makes the following brands of watches: Cabochon, Elini, Giordano, Jacques Lemans, Magico, Swiss Legend, SWI Limited Edition, Triumph Watches, and RED LINE

I have only owned one Red Line (Chronograph Boost) but it has been a very nice quartz sports watch. Well built, excellent looks and a significantly nicer stainless steel watch bracelet (all solid links) than I was expecting for the price. No issues. Gets lots of compliments. But... I am selling it (and a few others in my watch collection) to help fund something and much more expensive. If you're interested, take a peek here: Red Line Chronograph Boost watch, model 50023-11-BB

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information