Affordable PTS AATOS Tourbillon
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Affordable PTS AATOS Tourbillon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi All, I Have just landed my self an AATOS Tiago tourbillon with a PTS 3310 movement.
    I have seen very little info on these and even fewer real pics so I thought I would rectify the situation and do a mini review and post a few bad pics for peoples reference.

On the whole the watch is well made but to be honest the case construction is nothing special and seems on par with the ingersolls and lower end seagulls I have but not as nice as a seiko or a citizen of a lower price point obviously most of the cost of the watch is in the movement and speaking of the movement it is the star of the show I prefer the central tourbillion arrangement of the PTS when compared to the offset arangement of the balance wheel some other tourbillion movements have I just think it looks cleaner.

The strap is good quality and is a very nice red brown colour the strap is a lot nicer than what would come on your typical parnis.

The movement its self is nice and clean and seems to run about 12 seconds slow a day so far but I have only owned the watch for a day.

the dial is nice with a subtle 3D sun ray pattern. The dial printing is fine when viewed with the naked eye but is sloppy when blown up a bit all the applied silver numerals are well attached and perfectly aligned as far as I can see. the Crown is well made with a nice blue sapphire on the end hand winding the watch is solid with a smooth feeling to it not gritty or jumpy at all unlike some movements I have come across.

One thing that goes against this model is its lack of a sapphire crystal but it was not a deal breaker for me but people may want to bear it in mind.

On the whole I am fairly pleased with the watch and it is a bit of a dream come true for me to accentually own a tourbillion as I thought I would never be able to afford one thank you AATOS and PTS Resources. Now I just hope one day a chinese manufacturer sees fit to produce an affordable minute repeater

Re: Affordable PTS AATOS Tourbillon

It would be interesting to see how tourbillon cage is moving - is possible please post later some video.

Pretty cool if that really is a working tourbillon.

As requested here is a short video showing the tourbillon in action

http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=SAM_0186.mp4
    AaaVee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by balla View Post
    Hi All, I Have just landed my self an AATOS Tiago tourbillon with a PTS 3310 movement.

Hi there, may i know your AATOS tourbillon still working? any comment on ur AATOS?

yes my watch still works fine. Over time the strap has broken in well and is now quite soft and supple the tourbillion is accurate to about 10 seconds a day I think now. The watch still looks as good as the day I bought it. However this is not a daily watch by any means although I wind it up regularly I tend to keep it for best so I don't wear it all that often. How it would stand up to daily wear and tear I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by balla View Post
    yes my watch still works fine.
    thank you. i was looking at android, aatos and perpetual currently. aatos has the best price among them, but i prefer on Sea-Gull movement (perpetual) ^^

Quote Originally Posted by hong999 View Post
    thank you. i was looking at android, aatos and perpetual currently. aatos has the best price among them, but i prefer on Sea-Gull movement (perpetual) ^^
    I wish AATOS still offered the brown strap and white dial combination. They black strap and black dial combination doesn't look as good IMO. I emailed the ebay sellers and they said they ran out of those and had no idea when or if they'd get more.

Earlier this year, I bought an AATOS myself and I must say it is one of my favorites! It looks heavier than it actually is and still works perfectly after about 10 months that I have it now. I don't wear it everyday, only on special occasions and when it goes with the outfit as special eye-catcher. I really enjoy wearing it.
    The only downside to this watch is, that it is pretty loud. It's not like you could hear it in a construction site or in a club. Although when driving with the radio switched off, you can hear the ticking of the tourbillon (given you don't drive an Aston Martin or Ferrari at 6000rpm ). Which can be nice and calming after a stressful day but once you hear it, you can't 'unhear' it…
    But all in all, I am convinced I made the right choice.

So here is the black edition of the same watch:
    Name:  DSC_0040.jpg
Views: 2471
Size:  111.4 KB

Tourbillons are a lot of fun! I can get lost staring at mine, even though I've owned it for nearly a year! My tourbillon uses the automatic Sea-Gull movement,but sometimes I think it would be fun to get another tourbillon with the PTS Hangzhou movement you have and see how they compare.
    In the works: RGM '801 ES Motor Barrel'

"The stuff that dreams are made of…"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information