Thread: Asian 2836-2 clone ETA complication

Asian 2836-2 clone ETA complication

It seems that nearly all of the so called ETA 2836-2 movements with GMT hand rather than the day wheel are actually Asian(Chinese) clones.
    I am finaly seeing 2836 movements for reasonable prices($75) and honest location of manufacture.
    Does anyone know where to obtain the GMT complication plate to fit the 2836-2 or an Asian 2836-2 clone already with the GMT in place?

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Asian 2836-2 clone ETA complication

Quote Originally Posted by fliegher View Post
    It seems that nearly all of the so called ETA 2836-2 movements with GMT hand rather than the day wheel are actually Asian(Chinese) clones.
    I am finaly seeing 2836 movements for reasonable prices($75) and honest location of manufacture.
    Does anyone know where to obtain the GMT complication plate to fit the 2836-2 or an Asian 2836-2 clone already with the GMT in place?
    The PTS Resources catalogue shows the Hangzhou 6460, which is a near-clone of the ETA 2824-2 but with the addition of GMT hand. Not sure if you wouldbe able to order a single movement from PTS so you might need to look a Cousins or Ofrei or whoever. Just look for '6460' to be sure that you're getting an ETA-like movement rather than a DG or Shanghai design.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    The PTS Resources catalogue shows the Hangzhou 6460
    Thanks, that is great to evenhave a number. I am not finding it online and looked to see, neither cousins nor Frei have it in their list.

Google only returns the catalog PDF when searching so another dry well
    Plenty of 2824s without GMT on thE Bay
    Last edited by fliegher; October 13th, 2012 at 20:29.

The faker movements that are etched with RoXXX are the only ones I can find that are actually honestly marked, which is ridiculous to me. I can find them built into faker watches for a better price than loose even with the so called correct hand stack(quick set hour hand, GMT hand is linked to minutes and date with half speed gear wheels) which might be fun to experiment with, but nothing with the GMT mod available honestly marked and priced for the amateur watchmaker so far. I cant belive that nobody is jumping in and undercutting the liars.

Thread Information