"Binger" casual watch
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Binger" casual watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Binger" casual watch

I present to your attention the watch "Binger".
    Dear friends. Let me share with you my next acquisition from the Celestial under the name "Binger". I wanted to buy a watch of an "intelligent" kind, with a decent mechanics and a convex glass. The design "retro" was welcomed. All these requirements were met by this model. There were other suggestions, but with Chinese movements that disappointed me in my "Pagani Design" (Seagull ST6D) - unstable accuracy and weak self-winding. In the "Binger" is also installed Seiko NH37A. The seller offered a variety of colors. But gray was chosen. Already holding the watch in my hands, I realized that white and gold would also be good.
    So: the delivery kit is poor. The box in which there were clocks-a slop, with a large letter "B" on the top cover-is not a gift option. In the box itself, there were clocks and a plastic card and ... nothing more. Even a napkin for rubbing glass was not. The watch itself is made of steel, have a size of 40mm without a head and 42 with it. Glass convex mineral. The Chinese promised a sapphire, but deceived (reptile). Perhaps the mineral water in this case is even better, sapphire is more durable, but also more fragile. And if you consider that the glass is dome, then you will not be able to avoid meeting with the door jamb. The anti-glare on the glass is not noticed. The thickness of the case is 13mm-a kind of fatty person (the Chinese promised 8mm, but this is apparently without glass). The dial is gray. No overflows, just a gray color. Four overlaid labels at 3,6,9 and 12 hours. And for 12 hours, a little wider. The shiny marks. On the number 3 there is a date window. Date is small, but readable. Arrows rhombic shape of an excellent size-hour refers to the hour markers, the minute-the proximal edge of the minute, and the second-the far edge of the minute. In a word, everything is feng shui. On the hour and minute hand are strips of lumens, absolutely useless and being only an element of decor. But they improve their white color readability. The only inscription "Binger" is painted very neatly and is not "conspicuous". In general, the dial and the arrows really liked, no "superfluous" inscriptions and Asian coloring, everything is strictly and tastefully in a European way. The reverse side of the clock also causes respect, all the inscriptions are clear, neat and nothing superfluous. Seiko NH37A movement is visible through the transparent cover. Inscriptions of the country of production, no. Probably Malaysia. The bracelet is made of 180 puzzles, some of which are satin, and the other part is polished. The bracelet is of excellent quality, flexible as a strap and very comfortable. On my arm 17 cm I removed the 4th link. Fine adjustment, no. Butterfly closure without logo. In general, on the watch and bracelet it will be hard to leave scratches, the bracelet consists of many elements, and the body does not have anything protruding-one glass. The accuracy of this specimen was less than 1 s per day.
    Let me summarize: can I recommend this watch? Definitely, YES! The watch reminds me of the products of the 60s and 70s. A sort of "retro style." Convex glass, a strict minimalist dial design, a bracelet from the same era is great. It seems to me that if these watches were not sold on Ali, but would be posted on the Kickstarter with the inscription Ireland, Germany or Austria at the bottom of the dial, they would be successful.
    P.S. Photos do not convey their real appearance. On a sunny day and in the daytime, they look great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: "Binger" casual watch

Looks nice!
    Thanks for the in-depth review and the many photos!

Enjoy the watch ;)

Nicolas

Thank you for your kind wishes. It really is a gorgeous watch with excellent accuracy. I am very happy. And this is my other watch. If someone is interested, I'll write.Name:  IMG_20170626_151530.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  1.43 MBName:  Фото-0070.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  1.88 MBName:  Фото-0056.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  1.87 MB
    mougino likes this.

A few more photos.Name:  IMG_20171008_173023.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  1.40 MBName:  IMG_20171008_172727.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  1.27 MBName:  IMG_20171008_172622.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  1.36 MBName:  IMG_20171008_173127.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  1.49 MBName:  IMG_20171008_172804.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  1.40 MB
    mougino likes this.

Impressive photos do you do photography as a hobby??

Thank you, but this is an ordinary photo on a cheap Chinese smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by kia42568 View Post
    Thank you, but this is an ordinary photo on a cheap Chinese smartphone.
    I agree with Mougino -- some nice photos there. And I genuinely believe the photographer is more important than the camera, so well done!

Out of curiousity, though, what model smartphone did you use? I'd be open to buying a Chinese one.
    mougino likes this.

model IVARGO V210101 93 USD .........s

Quote Originally Posted by kia42568 View Post
    model IVARGO V210101 93 USD .........s
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping it would be something easily available here in Canada like Huawei, but oh well!

It might be worth a look if I see it in a Chinese mall in Toronto.

@op, how did you determine that the crystal is not sapphire? Are you certain it is mineral?

The vendor clearly claims it is sapphire, very disappointing if it isn't.

Very nice looking watch regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information