Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 10
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Alright so i have read all 9 pages and i am at a loss at who the front runner to purchase these from is. Is there a specific website that has the most positive outcomes? I understand that when dealing with low end watches you will never reach 100% but there has to be a leader of the pack, right? So far ive been seeing a lot of parniswatch.net and ............ But they have a 25 dollar price difference for the same looking watch. Which is the better bet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic3 View Post
    Alright so i have read all 9 pages and i am at a loss at who the front runner to purchase these from is. Is there a specific website that has the most positive outcomes? I understand that when dealing with low end watches you will never reach 100% but there has to be a leader of the pack, right? So far ive been seeing a lot of parniswatch.net and ............ But they have a 25 dollar price difference for the same looking watch. Which is the better bet?
    There is no front runner. The sellers listed have been shown to be the ones with the best customer service(except Getat). These are cheap watches originally targeted at the fake/replica market and are produced in several different and likely unrelated factories. There is no official Parnis brand and certainly no official Parnis manufacturing facility. These watches are all assembled from off the shelf parts and printed up with whatever the end seller wants on them. In the last few years it has become more lucrative for the sellers to have 'Parnis' or some other imaginary brand printed on the watches as they can sell them for 2x to 10x more than if they were outright fakes.

None of these sellers can guarantee you a perfect watch but at least you will have some recourse when the watch arrives broken or dies soon after.

Read the last sentences in the original post and go from there.

there been a little talk about Parnis Watch|Marina Militare - Parnishop there any consensus on the board if they are a trusted seller, or in the not sure camp ? The reason i ask there prices seem to be 20 to 30 dollars per watch cheaper then ebay and some sites. Its tempting, but if they can afford to sell cheaper, make you wonder if your more likely to get a bad watch, i guess if there is no proven track record yet (unless there is) , it would be best to pay more and have better odds ?
    Last edited by mike70sk; December 29th, 2013 at 09:33.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mike70sk View Post
    there been a little talk about Parnis Watch|Marina Militare - Parnishop there any consensus on the board if they are a trusted seller, or in the not sure camp ? The reason i ask there prices seem to be 20 to 30 dollars per watch cheaper then ebay and some sites. Its tempting, but if they can afford to sell cheaper, make you wonder if your more likely to get a bad watch, i guess if there is no proven track record yet (unless there is) , it would be best to pay more and have better odds ?
    Pay more and get better odds. Also use one of the known good sellers.

Parnis is not a brand, does not have a company behind it and does not manufacture watches. They are simply watches assembled in different locations with widely varying levels of QC; none to poor.
    Your chances of getting a bad one are pretty good so you need to buy from a reputable seller so you don't get holding a parts watch with no recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
    Just for the record, the Parnis I received yesterday was from an eBay seller,201lingling68. I am very happy with the transaction. He was a good communicator, and went out of his way to respond to my questions. He even shipped the watch during the busy holiday season in China.The tracking info worked, unlike the Rodina that is winging it's way to me via TaoBao,and the watch was packed very carefully. I realize this is just one data point, so take all of that with a grain of salt!
    I've bought 3 watches from this seller.

1st unit had a problem, communication was a bit of a pain, but in the end when the message got through, turns out to be an honourable trader, went back again, and again...

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post

Parnis is not a brand, does not have a company behind it and does not manufacture watches. They are simply watches assembled in different locations with widely varying levels of QC; none to poor.
    Your chances of getting a bad one are pretty good so you need to buy from a reputable seller so you don't get holding a parts watch with no recourse.
    Ive been looking at a lot of these parnis threads and Ive noticed one thing that is extremely common with these parnis watches, you bashing them. I have noticed that a lot of people are extremely satisfied with theirs. So whats the deal? If you dislike them so much why dont you just move on to watches you do like?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post

Ive been looking at a lot of these parnis threads and Ive noticed one thing that is extremely common with these parnis watches, you bashing them. I have noticed that a lot of people are extremely satisfied with theirs. So whats the deal? If you dislike them so much why dont you just move on to watches you do like?
    I don't know about the other posts, but it sounds like good advise to me. I don't see any bashing here.

Quote Originally Posted by mike70sk View Post

I just got one from there, with no hassles. Shipping was expectedly slow, but it showed up, it runs but I want it for a project so I really just wanted the case to put another movement in, and the 6497 clone to take apart for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    I just got one from there, with no hassles. Shipping was expectedly slow, but it showed up, it runs but I want it for a project so I really just wanted the case to put another movement in, and the 6497 clone to take apart for fun.
    How long did it take ? was it EMS, any comments about sellers communication ?

Banned

The watches are what they are. They are inexpensive watches with a checkered history of QC issues.

My only intent is to try and impress potential buyers with the knowledge they need to not get shafted. That means buying from the right people.

If that bothers you, then I suggest you don't read my posts.
    Der Amf likes this.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information