Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 11
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 431
  1. #101
    Member aquaholic3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post
    The watches are what they are. They are inexpensive watches with a checkered history of QC issues.

    My only intent is to try and impress potential buyers with the knowledge they need to not get shafted. That means buying from the right people.

    If that bothers you, then I suggest you don't read my posts.
    It doesnt bother me. i just find it hard to take advice from someone who posts negative things about them and doesnt share any personal experiences as to why they think that way. Also saying they are targeted at the fake/replica market, and then having fakes are for dummies in their signature makes me think that your opinion on them is based entirely off that. If i am wrong than i apologize, i am just going off what i see in these parnis threads. I appreciate that you are informing people that they are not a real company, but i think ones personal experience with sellers helps much more than just saying the more you pay the better you get.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    8,842

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic3 View Post
    It doesnt bother me. i just find it hard to take advice from someone who posts negative things about them and doesnt share any personal experiences as to why they think that way. Also saying they are targeted at the fake/replica market, and then having fakes are for dummies in their signature makes me think that your opinion on them is based entirely off that. If i am wrong than i apologize, i am just going off what i see in these parnis threads. I appreciate that you are informing people that they are not a real company, but i think ones personal experience with sellers helps much more than just saying the more you pay the better you get.
    You haven't done enough reading yet...I have posted some very real experiences with these watches. I have had to tear down and repair some of these brand new watches.

    It's all here on this forum if you care to go back and look for it.

    There is definitely enough of other peoples experience posted here to back up my advice to 'buy the seller'.

    Also, I never said that Parnis watches are aimed at the fake/replica market. What I did say is that these same watches; before the sellers figured out they could make more money by calling them something other than Rolex, Omega, Panerai, etc. were the fodder for the counterfeit market. Before they started putting Parnis and other made up names on them; they were $10 watches. Now they can get $100 for the same watch with an imaginary name from an imaginary company.

    I give the assemblers and sellers credit for cleaning up their acts and legitimizing their offerings.
    watchcrank likes this.

  3. #103
    Member Ric Capucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Expat Brit living in Zürich, Switzerland
    Posts
    6,298

    Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic3 View Post
    Alright so i have read all 9 pages and i am at a loss at who the front runner to purchase these from is. Is there a specific website that has the most positive outcomes? I understand that when dealing with low end watches you will never reach 100% but there has to be a leader of the pack, right? So far ive been seeing a lot of parniswatch.net and ............ But they have a 25 dollar price difference for the same looking watch. Which is the better bet?
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic3 View Post
    Ive been looking at a lot of these parnis threads and Ive noticed one thing that is extremely common with these parnis watches, you bashing them. I have noticed that a lot of people are extremely satisfied with theirs. So whats the deal? If you dislike them so much why dont you just move on to watches you do like?
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic3 View Post
    It doesnt bother me. i just find it hard to take advice from someone who posts negative things about them and doesnt share any personal experiences as to why they think that way. Also saying they are targeted at the fake/replica market, and then having fakes are for dummies in their signature makes me think that your opinion on them is based entirely off that. If i am wrong than i apologize, i am just going off what i see in these parnis threads. I appreciate that you are informing people that they are not a real company, but i think ones personal experience with sellers helps much more than just saying the more you pay the better you get.

    I for one put about four hours into composing the opening post of this thread as heartfelt consumer advice. Follow that advice and you'll *probably* be ok. If you don't then the odds will fall rapidly. Buy 2-3 watches from a seller *not* listed on the opening thread and I can pretty much guarantee you'll get a dud amongst them. That four hours was enough for me to think that adding any further comments to this thread is wasted effort. If people *still* think Parnis is a brand, so $20-30 can be saved by shopping around for the "same watch", and that Parnis dealers are "the same" after reading my first post, then no manner of further advice is going to avert the train wreck.

    This came after personal experiences both positive and negative, and also after reading post after post from dissatisfied (and happy) customers. If you think that Pawl_Buster or anyone else is overly negative then I propose you try a little more homework. If you're unwilling to do that, then feel free to learn the hard way. Meanwhile, leave Peter alone or anyone else who's trying to save *your* disappointment and the waste of *your* money and who knows far better than you.

    For others who (paraphrasing) are still undecided which dealer to go with, then again keep in mind that opening post. And if it's too long and boring to read, then why not channel the same four hours into trawling past threads here looking for pluses and minuses against the dealers. You'll likely build up the same picture.

    Over and out.

    Ric
    Last edited by Ric Capucho; December 30th, 2013 at 08:51.

  4. #104
    Member aquaholic3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post
    I for one put about four hours into composing the opening post of this thread as heartfelt consumer advice. Follow that advice and you'll *probably* be ok. If you don't then the odds will fall rapidly. Buy 2-3 watches from a seller *not* listed on the opening thread and I can pretty much guarantee you'll get a dud amongst them. That four hours was enough for me to think that adding any further comments to this thread is wasted effort. If people *still* think Parnis is a brand, so $20-30 can be saved by shopping around for the "same watch", and that Parnis dealers are "the same" after reading my first post, then no manner of further advice is going to avert the train wreck.

    This came after personal experiences both positive and negative, and also after reading post after post from dissatisfied (and happy) customers. If you think that Pawl_Buster or anyone else is overly negative then I propose you try a little more homework. If you're unwilling to do that, then feel free to learn the hard way. Meanwhile, leave Peter alone or anyone else who's trying to save *your* disappointment and the waste of *your* money and who knows far better than you.

    For others who (paraphrasing) are still undecided which dealer to go with, then again keep in mind that opening post. And if it's too long and boring to read, then why not channel the same four hours into trawling past threads here looking for pluses and minuses against the dealers. You'll likely build up the same picture.

    Over and out.

    Ric
    Im not sure why you are taking such a defensive stance. I was in no way trying to discredit your original post. I just figured that after almost a year of people buying from your recommended sellers list that a front runner may have emerged. I don't care about saving 20 dollars, i just want to give myself the best shot of getting a good one.

  5. #105
    Member Ric Capucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Expat Brit living in Zürich, Switzerland
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholic3 View Post
    Im not sure why you are taking such a defensive stance. I was in no way trying to discredit your original post. I just figured that after almost a year of people buying from your recommended sellers list that a front runner may have emerged. I don't care about saving 20 dollars, i just want to give myself the best shot of getting a good one.

    Defensive? Capuchos don't do defensive.

    Good luck with your watchbuying endeavours.

    Ric

  6. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    It took about 4 weeks using Flyt Express. It was posted within a few days, but the tracking number was unusable outside of the Flyt Express system. It wasn't a standard international tracking number, so once it was "sent for overseas dispatch" there was nothing for about three weeks until it showed up at my door. There wan't much communication, but I didn't have any questions, got the standard payment received and shipping info emails.

    Hope this helps.

  7. #107
    Member StripeyNATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    113

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    I bought a 6498 sterile cali pilot from xiaosong12580 aka manbushiji. It arrived in the UK 13 days after I placed the eBay order and I didn't have to pay any additional import charges. It's a very nice watch and I'm happy with it. I'd recommend this seller.
    ciccio_started_it likes this.

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    I'm interested in buying Parnis e662 Breitling Navitimer homage, so what dealer is best for that particular model? And how good is Parnis e662 compared to Rotary Chronospeed, which should I pick?

  9. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Anyone?? I need Help!

  10. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Thanks, this thread has lots of useful info. However, for those in the US, isn't it risky to buy from even the "approved" Parnis vendors since the USPS rules prohibit us from sending wristwatches to China? That would seem to preclude sending a faulty watch back for service under their warranty. I guess Fedex/UPS would be an alternative, but not cost-effective for a watch that's around 100 USD. Or am I missing some info here? Thought I'd ask before ordering a Parnis.

    (I've later learned that USPS has different rules for Hong Kong. Watches can be sent to Hong Kong using any service except Priority Mail Express International. Unfortunately only the very expensive Global Express Guaranteed and Priority Mail Express International offer tracking.)

    -Mike
    Last edited by temporal-monitor; February 14th, 2014 at 04:42. Reason: Added info that USPS has rules specifically for HK.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •