Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 12
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by temporal-monitor View Post
    Thanks, this thread has lots of useful info. However, for those in the US, isn't it risky to buy from even the "approved" Parnis vendors since the USPS rules prohibit us from sending wristwatches to China? That would seem to preclude sending a faulty watch back for service under their warranty. I guess Fedex/UPS would be an alternative, but not cost-effective for a watch that's around 100 USD. Or am I missing some info here? Thought I'd ask before ordering a Parnis.

-Mike
    I recently received a defective sub $100 watch and they just offered to send me a new one for the cost of shipping. $3.00 It's kind of silly to ship sub $100 watches back and forth.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodofish View Post
    I recently received a defective sub $100 watch and they just offered to send me a new one for the cost of shipping. $3.00 It's kind of silly to ship sub $100 watches back and forth.
    Same thing happened to me with a Timex. They just sent me a knew one for free.

Thanks, this thread has lots of useful info. However, for those in the US, isn't it risky to buy from even the "approved" Parnis vendors since the USPS rules prohibit us from sending wristwatches to China? That would seem to preclude sending a faulty watch back for service under their warranty. I guess Fedex/UPS would be an alternative, but not cost-effective for a watch that's around 100 USD. Or am I missing some info here? Thought I'd ask before ordering a Parnis.

-Mike
    I sent one back for repair (would've been happier if the seller just sent another one but they insisted on repairing it). I told the USPS worker the whole story and they didn't care that it was a watch. I believe I even wrote "watch" on the form for customs. No problems.

... the USPS rules prohibit us from sending wristwatches to China...-Mike
    I clicked on the link and I read the rules. Indeed, the watches are listed as prohibited.... and I only have one question: WTF?

why is the 2nd recommended dealer (from the OP by Ric) dotted out in the forum? if you're not allowed to state why on this thread, can someone pm me please?
    i just want to know because im curious, but also because ive just purchased a flieger pilot from him within the past few minutes. also does anyone know how long airmail from china to the uk normally take?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Neymar View Post
    why is the 2nd recommended dealer (from the OP by Ric) dotted out in the forum? if you're not allowed to state why on this thread, can someone pm me please?
    i just want to know because im curious, but also because ive just purchased a flieger pilot from him within the past few minutes. also does anyone know how long airmail from china to the uk normally take?
    It's blanked out because he sells fake watches; ie watches with copyright infringement as noted in the sticky at the top of the page. Terms like Marina Militaire and Submariner are the property of Panerai and Rolex exclusively and cannot legally be used by others. Thus, any sellers offering watches with these infractions are banned from WUS...at least their URLs.
    Neymar likes this.

ah makes sense. i was confused because i understood why terms such as mm etc were banned. but i could see that other online shop url's selling similar products to the one we're referring to were not being blanked out. but i can see why now. thanks.

parnis dot cc --anybody have experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by barryblack17 View Post
    parnis dot cc --anybody have experience with them?
    i was wondering the same thing. They come up high on a google search and have some good prices at the moment. I did a quick whois search and it comes up with the same name as parnishop dot com, Zhang Liang (who is associated with ca. 1900 other domains). Btw, parnisshop dot net has a different owner
    Last edited by watchmagapp; May 5th, 2014 at 05:58.

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information