Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 13
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 431
  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    55

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by watchmagapp View Post
    i was wondering the same thing. They come up high on a google search and have some good prices at the moment. I did a quick whois search and it comes up with the same name as parnishop dot com, Zhang Liang (who is associated with ca. 1900 other domains). Btw, parnisshop dot net has a different owner
    Is parnis-shop (zhang liang) any good? Saw some of his parnis models described with front & back sapphire crystals. True?

    Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    I have a question about parniswatch.net.

    I ordered a watch from them a while ago (partly because they were on the "kosher list" in here), and it's taking quite some time for it to arrive (I'm in Belgium). I know it usually takes a couple of weeks, but it's been 6 weeks now. According to the tracking information, it was stuck in customs for nearly 3 weeks before being "sent to airline" finally a couple of days ago. I only have a couple days left before I can file a paypal dispute.

    Can I trust them to refund me or send me a new one, if the watch never arrives? I don't want to file a paypal dispute if they are reliable, so I'm hoping people can reassure me about that. It's the first time I've bought from them so don't have any experience to go by.

  3. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    286

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Get them to give you the tracking number.
    With the tracking number, you can track the China leg of the trip and then your domestic leg of the trip.
    My recent order, according to the china post tracking, spent about 4 weeks in outbound customs:

    Registered Airmail Tracking Fun
    Last edited by konstan; May 9th, 2014 at 19:55.

  4. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    As I said, I have the tracking number and it is currently "sent to airline" supposedly.

    It's just that I need to be able to trust them now if anything goes wrong with it, because I only have another 2 days in which I can file a paypal dispute. After that day, I have no power to claim my money back so I just wanted to know if people en here could tell me of these guys are trustworthy. I suspect they are since they are on the "kosher" list, but it would still be nice to hear from experience.

  5. #125
    Member Ric Capucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Expat Brit living in Zürich, Switzerland
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by RubenJ View Post
    As I said, I have the tracking number and it is currently "sent to airline" supposedly.

    It's just that I need to be able to trust them now if anything goes wrong with it, because I only have another 2 days in which I can file a paypal dispute. After that day, I have no power to claim my money back so I just wanted to know if people en here could tell me of these guys are trustworthy. I suspect they are since they are on the "kosher" list, but it would still be nice to hear from experience.

    What would be the premise of your Paypal dispute?

    Ric

  6. #126
    Member nisse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    372

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    If in doubt I would choose the PayPal dispute route.

  7. #127
    Member synaptyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    If there is no clear indication that it is in Belgium customs after 6 weeks, I'd dispute it. It's reasonable to dispute after that length of time.
    My Parnis took 30 days to arrive. It arrived in the UK in 3 days, but the seller hadn't filled in the appropriate customs paperwork, so it sat there for 27 days, whilst HMRC did whatever they do. At least from the tracking it was clear that it was in the UK.
    Good luck! Let us know the result of your dispute.


    Sent from my iPhone via the magic of space monkeys.

  8. #128
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    286

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Posting this so you guys have a frame of reference

    Export Customs Scan Shanghai USA 20140409 1826
    Sent to airline Shanghai USA 20140502 2131

    Now we have something on my domestic post web site

    May 10, 2014 , 10:58 am Processed through USPS Sort Facility KEARNY, NJ 07032

    Sure feels like its been over a month, but its only been a month.
    Don't lose ye hope!

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    286

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post
    What would be the premise of your Paypal dispute?
    Ric
    Oh, as to that:

    if you paid for something with paypal and it hasn't showed up in 43 days, file the dispute on the 44th day. Otherwise you are screwed. To those who want to say that that is a bad practice or that might offend the seller: no it isn't and no, it won't. It might make them reconsider how they do their paperwork and how they ship goods. I am not made of money and when I spend my measely $120 on a Parnis watch, I kind of don't want to not be out $120.

    When I bought my Rodina Small Seconds from Jun it took 8 days to get here. So, we know it does not need to take 45+ days.

  10. #130
    Member Ric Capucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Expat Brit living in Zürich, Switzerland
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

    Quote Originally Posted by konstan View Post
    Oh, as to that:

    if you paid for something with paypal and it hasn't showed up in 43 days, file the dispute on the 44th day. Otherwise you are screwed. To those who want to say that that is a bad practice or that might offend the seller: no it isn't and no, it won't. It might make them reconsider how they do their paperwork and how they ship goods. I am not made of money and when I spend my measely $120 on a Parnis watch, I kind of don't want to not be out $120.

    When I bought my Rodina Small Seconds from Jun it took 8 days to get here. So, we know it does not need to take 45+ days.

    Hey, and cool. When Paypal refunds you, and the watch turns up then you'll be up $120 right? Really cool.

    Ric

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •