Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 17
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott25.stl View Post
    You're the man Chico!
    LOL let us know how you get on, and plenty of pics!!

chico
    EMG -- hked -- Seiko -- Deep blue -- Alpha

Like them, but most of the watches are too big for my 6.5'' wrist :(

+3 (that's +1 the times! ) for Manbushjie! Purchased from him via his site, as well as his Ali store. Top notch!
    chicolabronse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WesB View Post
    +3 (that's +1 the times! ) for Manbushjie! Purchased from him via his site, as well as his Ali store. Top notch!
    Ali Store?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott25.stl View Post
    First time poster. I'm looking to get a Parnis Portuguese Homage in the near future as my first mechanical. Love the looks and quality for the price!

I read this thread but is there any info on Parnis Watch USA (sorry if I missed mention of them)? I know they aren't currently included in the 'recommended' sellers, but they seem like they could be a decent option.

I've been emailing back and forth with them and they are extremely prompt in responding, sometimes within minutes. Here's a summary of what I've learned so far.

The good:

(1) They claim to be 'based' in Austin, Texas and have English speaking customer service. The rep I've emailed with has great written English and is extremely fast to reply.

(2) Free shipping to the buyer on orders.

(3) The rep confirmed that returns are shipped to Texas and not China, thus saving on shipping if there's an issue.

(4) The rep confirmed that the watch has sapphire glass, which I am slightly skeptical of though considering the price point; and confirmed that the watch has Seagull 2542 movement, even though the online description is a more generic 'automatic movement' and doesn't mention Seagull.

(5) Prices are competitive to slightly lower than some of the 'recommended' sellers.

The not-so-good

(1) 10-day return window, which is much shorter than the 'recommended' sellers. But, if there's an immediately apparent issue, shipping returns to Texas will be cheaper than to China. The rep did say that the 10-day return window is a 'general rule' and 'exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.' Obviously, I wouldn't feel completely comfortable relying on that though.

(2) Watches are shipped directly to the buyer from the 'factory' in China with no QC done by Parnis Watch USA.

(3) No telephone number listed on the website. I'm always a little skeptical of that. Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but if they are based in Texas, I think they should have a phone line.

In your guys' experiences with Parnis, are most issues requiring a return discovered almost immediately or do they develop outside of a 10-day window after receiving the watch?

Any reason to doubt their claims of sapphire glass and Seagull 2542 movement?

Thanks and I'll keep updating as I move along with my purchase!
    Just to update, I'm going to roll the dice on Parnis Watch USA.

The pre-sale communication has been phenomenal: super quick, thorough, and and very, very clear English. The emails from Man Bush and some others were all answered, but they didn't always answer my question or provide the info I was looking for.

They offer the the watch I want with sapphire crystal, so thats a bonus. I'm going to get it tested at a Jeweler with one of those diamond reading devices. I'll report back on that. They also said I could swap bands if I didn't like one, but also said that may cost extra.

And finally...the pièce de résistance...the rep told me that they will be offering two year warranties on their watches! Two. Years. Can't really ask for much more than that on watches in this class! Couple that with the Texas location for returns (have not confirmed that warranty coverage will be through Texas yet though) and that's pretty darn good in my book. The rep said the website will be updated soon to reflect the new warranty. When I find out more details I'll pass them along.

On the 'get a Parnis Portuguese while you can' thread theres talk about getting a properly fitting case back, rather than one that is too big. I'll ask if they can source those as well.
    Last edited by Scott25.stl; July 28th, 2014 at 06:07.

Full disclosure: before I get smashed for being new and advocating one seller over another (which I'm NOT doing), I have zero affiliation with any company or individual who sells Parnis watches. These are just my experiences and I thought I'd share as I've enjoyed and benefited from reading others' experiences. Any questions feel free to PM me!

Carry on...
    Dark_K likes this.

I disagree with Jackson Tse. All three watches I emailed him about yesterday. Got back to me today saying he had none of them. Where was this reflected on the site? Hell, no warning as I even almost clicked compete order once. Disappointing. I wanted 4 of the bronze marina militares and a custom order to homage the bronze 1950 luminor from Panerai.
    1) Invicta Signature Pro Diver 7042 on Watchadoo brushed SS bracelet
    2) Casio Databank CA53W-1 Calculator Watch
    3) Hamilton Langdon circa 1948-1952 on gold-filled Speidel bracelet
    4) Bulova Precisionist Champlain Rose Gold 98B152
    5) Luminox 3051.BO Black Out (Navy SEALs edition)
    6) Steinhart B-Uhr Bronze 47mm
    7) Omega Planet Ocean 45mm 232.30.46.21.01.001
    8) Borealis Sea Dragon White/Steel
    In order of acquired. Numerous previously owned.

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    I disagree with Jackson Tse. All three watches I emailed him about yesterday. Got back to me today saying he had none of them. Where was this reflected on the site? Hell, no warning as I even almost clicked compete order once. Disappointing. I wanted 4 of the bronze marina militares and a custom order to homage the bronze 1950 luminor from Panerai.

So you object to him being 100% honest about availability?

Ric

False advertising by the boat load on the website with no protection unless you just happen to e-mail
    1) Invicta Signature Pro Diver 7042 on Watchadoo brushed SS bracelet
    2) Casio Databank CA53W-1 Calculator Watch
    3) Hamilton Langdon circa 1948-1952 on gold-filled Speidel bracelet
    4) Bulova Precisionist Champlain Rose Gold 98B152
    5) Luminox 3051.BO Black Out (Navy SEALs edition)
    6) Steinhart B-Uhr Bronze 47mm
    7) Omega Planet Ocean 45mm 232.30.46.21.01.001
    8) Borealis Sea Dragon White/Steel
    In order of acquired. Numerous previously owned.

Just a heads up:
    I've had this a while - bought it before I swore never to buy another Chinese watch.

It ticks fine, and keeps reasonably good time for what it is.

But it always bugged me for some reason - like the pea under the mattress kind of thing.
    Well, today I figured out what that pea is.

The markers are off: they don't line up.
    I ask you: How freekin hard is it to get the marker positions right??
    I just *hate* the sloppiness that begins with the sloppy attitude of "close 'nuf."
    Incompetent pooheads!

See for yourselves:

Name:  Parnis 6498 Grey 47.jpg
Views: 2622
Size:  117.6 KB
    Last edited by Chronopolis; August 3rd, 2014 at 18:55.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information