Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 2
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Just for the record, the Parnis I received yesterday was from an eBay seller,201lingling68. I am very happy with the transaction. He was a good communicator, and went out of his way to respond to my questions. He even shipped the watch during the busy holiday season in China.The tracking info worked, unlike the Rodina that is winging it's way to me via TaoBao,and the watch was packed very carefully. I realize this is just one data point, so take all of that with a grain of salt!
    pckoh, ChiefWahoo, docvail and 1 others like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
    Just for the record, the Parnis I received yesterday was from an eBay seller,201lingling68. I am very happy with the transaction. He was a good communicator, and went out of his way to respond to my questions. He even shipped the watch during the busy holiday season in China.The tracking info worked, unlike the Rodina that is winging it's way to me via TaoBao,and the watch was packed very carefully. I realize this is just one data point, so take all of that with a grain of salt!
    Just so you are aware; many of the problems(excluding cosmetic issues) did not develop until the watches had been worn for s while. Some died within hours; some within days and some within months. Most of them were purchased from unknown or problem sellers( the ones who never respond once they have your money).

Most arrive and have no problems. These ones have been predominantly from known good sellers who stand behind their products.

I haven't heard of your seller before but if there are any problems that develop with the watch; you will get to find out what kind of after sales service he provides. If it's good then he can be added as a potential good source.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post
    Just so you are aware; many of the problems(excluding cosmetic issues) did not develop until the watches had been worn for s while. Some died within hours; some within days and some within months. Most of them were purchased from unknown or problem sellers( the ones who never respond once they have your money).

Most arrive and have no problems. These ones have been predominantly from known good sellers who stand behind their products.

I haven't heard of your seller before but if there are any problems that develop with the watch; you will get to find out what kind of after sales service he provides. If it's good then he can be added as a potential good source.
    Understood. I pretty much knew that starting off, and considered this watch to be sort of a "disposable" test. I figured if anything went seriously wrong, I am out $80. This seller has been spoken of here before, I believe, and he has >99% positive numbers with over 900 reviews, so he was not totally unknown. I was impressed so far that he took the time to reply to every post sale email I had. I do not have a loupe, but I do have a decent magnifying glass with a light, and by that inspection, the watch appears good. The dial is not flawless, but it is actually quite good. Time will tell, as they say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
    Understood. I pretty much knew that starting off, and considered this watch to be sort of a "disposable" test. I figured if anything went seriously wrong, I am out $80. This seller has been spoken of here before, I believe, and he has >99% positive numbers with over 900 reviews, so he was not totally unknown. I was impressed so far that he took the time to reply to every post sale email I had. I do not have a loupe, but I do have a decent magnifying glass with a light, and by that inspection, the watch appears good. The dial is not flawless, but it is actually quite good. Time will tell, as they say.
    Having good post sale communication bodes well

With a 10x loupe, I can find imperfections in just about any watch. If it isn't visible without magnification; I don't think of it as an issue.

After you've had it a month or two; perhaps give us a short review of how the watch has performed and your impressions at that time

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to WUS. I've been ready you a lot in last months, discovering more and more on watches and getting more and more disappointed on the ones I have... I was just wondering, before investing a lot of money on a nice mechanical watch, the choice of Parnis was tempting.

1) Any advice? Auto or mechanical wind?
    2) Any supplier will ship in Canada in the 5 you mentioned? One you had better service?
    3) What's is the average success rate?

Thanks for you help!

Welcome to the forum, Smileybone.

I'm not long on this forum myself but I love it and spend waaaayyyy too long reading it every day.

The first auto/mech I bought was a Parnis so I thought I should let you know my experience.

I bought a Portuguese-type, black dial, 44mm and I absolutely love it.
    £40 including p&p to UK. ebay auction. (pm me for his name)
    It was posted day after i paid. Arrived London 9 days later.

Watch is perfect. No cosmetic or QC issues.
    Auto rotor is loud but i dont notice it much.
    Strap not so great but replaced with £10 leather croc style and it looks the business.

Lots of the other members here recommend buying from the dealers mentioned already, rather than taking a punt on an auction. I guess I was lucky.
    When I buy my next one I will buy from a dealer I think. Less worry about getting a dodgy one.

I love them for what they are: Cheap, automatic, good-looking watches.

Have fun!!
    Peteworrall and habaryu like this.
    Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.

Jean-Paul Sartre

Which of these sellers tend to have the best delivery time to the States?
    Sinn 903 ST Aut
    Tag Heuer Carrera Racing
    Seiko SNZG13

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JanC View Post
    Which of these sellers tend to have the best delivery time to the States?
    The sellers have to use the same postal services, so I don't think any seller has any advantage above any other.

However, often the *buyer* tries to save a little extra money and skips the EMS postage option, which is a mistake. EMS means both expedited *and* registered, so it comes quicker and is guaranteed to arrive - or if not, it's guaranteed that seller and buyer will know that it's been officially lost, and not one or the other playing games.

Ric

Quote Originally Posted by smileybone View Post
    Hey guys. I'm pretty new to WUS. I've been ready you a lot in last months, discovering more and more on watches and getting more and more disappointed on the ones I have... I was just wondering, before investing a lot of money on a nice mechanical watch, the choice of Parnis was tempting.

1) Any advice? Auto or mechanical wind?
    2) Any supplier will ship in Canada in the 5 you mentioned? One you had better service?
    3) What's is the average success rate?

Thanks for you help!
    1) Your choice, it's personal preference
    2) All of them, I've had good experience with manbush and triconstore here in Québec.
    3) 100% so far. (3 out of 3)
    Said in the most interesting man in the world's voice: "I don't always like mechanical chronographs, but when I do, I prefer Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content ."

Citizen BM8120-56E, Invicta 0368 II, Parnis Power Reserve, Sterile Submariner Homage, Sterile PAM Homage, Vostok Amphibia 420379, Garton Flieger, Alpha Explorer II GMT, Orient ER2700BB, Obris Morgan Branco PVD, circa 1970 Rado Voyager.

Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Interesting this. I asked for a Parnis for Xmas from my wife and sent her a WUS recommended seller. She went and bought off some random eBay seller anyway, she says.
    The Big Pilot I got is accurate to within 3 or 4 seconds a day, auto winds forever, is built great and has perhaps the best strap of any watch I own. The strap is finished as well on the inside as it is on the outside, is sturdy, nicely shaped, showing absolutely no signs of wear after a month, feels like real quality. I would be delighted with this strap on a much more expensive watch.

I love it. Apologies for poor quality pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by proodscot; February 1st, 2013 at 00:38.
    Shepperdw and Peteworrall like this.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information