Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 22
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post
    Sometimes I regret starting this thread.

Ric
    Oh don't regret it. You started it with noble aims to make a brief thread for reference, with an invitation to enrich it.

It had the potential to be Sticky material, but in my hunt for info, I found it's devolved from a broadsheet into a gossip mag.

The original intent of this thread is still appreciated by many people.

I appreciate that you started this thread. The initial content is still relevant , and I have found it very helpful.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by zikkizidan View Post
    Hi fellas
    Just Want to share my Parnis Planet Ocean Homage 45mm
    Nice watch, well finished and keeps good time.
    Also has sapphire crystal and is the closest PO homage IMHO.
    Please let me know what you think.

Please share your thoughts about this parnis.
    Cheers from Oz
    Very nice!!! Enjoy!
    1) Invicta Signature Pro Diver 7042 on Watchadoo brushed SS bracelet
    2) Casio Databank CA53W-1 Calculator Watch
    3) Hamilton Langdon circa 1948-1952 on gold-filled Speidel bracelet
    4) Bulova Precisionist Champlain Rose Gold 98B152
    5) Luminox 3051.BO Black Out (Navy SEALs edition)
    6) Steinhart B-Uhr Bronze 47mm
    7) Omega Planet Ocean 45mm 232.30.46.21.01.001
    8) Borealis Sea Dragon White/Steel
    In order of acquired. Numerous previously owned.

Hi guys -

There seems to be a very wide range of prices, even among the reliable vendors listed in the first page: Parnishwatch.com has a version for $95 (automatic movement), Daji has one for $62, parniswatch.net has one for $185, Jackson Tse has one for $95. Of the last 3, the $185 watch is listed as having a Seagull movement, the others just refer to a general Asian 6497 movement.

Can I safely assume that the $185 gets me better quality (subject to the caveats earlier about the general variability of the product)?

Panerai, Oris; Steinhart; Victorinox; G-Shock; Orient; Seiko

Guys I've recently bought a pilot 44mm manual winding watch from parnis-shop.com, at first I was send with a wrong strap. But I'm ok with the strap as long as the watch is working fine. I've use it for 2 days and it just stops working, I tried to wind again and it got stuck.. The spring somehow give way. So I've no choice but to send it back to zhang liang, he offer to repair it for me and hopefully it turns out well. There may be a QC problem and I probably get a lemon, will update here again.

Just my 2¢, but I have seen quite a few of these. Customers bring them in for straps, and various small repairs, and I talk to a lot of collectors in my daily dealings. I would agree with the OP that these are not all made by the same company, in fact this is glaringly obvious, as I've had some so bad they literally fall apart in your hands, and others that are dramatically higher quality. I don't know how you would guess which was which just by a picture, but I recently had a customer with a Parnis that was very good quality, so possibly a Miyota made product? It was superior in every respect, including the leather band. It had a sapphire crystal and quick change hardened pins in the lugs. He paid $150. My impression, however, is that finding a quality one amongst the many is a bit of a minefield.

I've got this Parnis GMT Master from the bay, from a highly reviewed seller; I'm very impressed with the quality!
    I have some more photos and a mini review on my blog; it is really a very well built piece.

http://danielnessim.com/2014/11/21/p...sant-surprise/

Name:  20141114_082932.jpg
Views: 3094
Size:  123.1 KBName:  20141121_141527.jpg
Views: 3091
Size:  169.5 KB
    Chp5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict123 View Post
    Guys I've recently bought a pilot 44mm manual winding watch from parnis-shop.com, at first I was send with a wrong strap. But I'm ok with the strap as long as the watch is working fine. I've use it for 2 days and it just stops working, I tried to wind again and it got stuck.. The spring somehow give way. So I've no choice but to send it back to zhang liang, he offer to repair it for me and hopefully it turns out well. There may be a QC problem and I probably get a lemon, will update here again.
    Just an update, please avoid parnis-shop.com. Sent the watch back because it is not working after using just for 2 days! seller agree to repair but it has been more then 10days & he does't reply to my email. Scammer from china, avoid at all cost!

Just got my P-Milgauss today in the mail. Quite a fast shipper "bluesky537".
    Liked the Milgauss homage as it's one of those nicer looking dress watches w/o a date. I dislike dates as it's a hassle to set it (numbers + am/pm guessing).

+ves : Was surprised at the weight (it is heftier than i thought) and the shine. Nicely cut dial.
    -ves: strong iron smell, weak lume, bracelet was a letdown(definitely needs a change).

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information