Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 25
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

I received my "portuguese" from Jackson last week. The movement stopped once 2 days after but started again after a few taps and shakes. Working fine as of now and I can't stop looking at it whenever it's on my wrist. It's really a beauty especially that matt dial with applied numbers and polished hands. The only let down is the AR-less crystal. I may consider sending it for an AR job to enhance the clarity of the crystal.

Name:  C355BE01-BA2E-4677-B6BB-5AD900AA3F50_zpsk6mokahs.jpg
Views: 2933
Size:  73.2 KB
    Last edited by eXis10z; February 2nd, 2015 at 14:34.
    Markoni BG and daniel_h like this.

Selling my Parnis moon phase date on Ebay. Found a Seagull I wanted, ordered it. I only want one watch of this style. I don't even own a suit so although many many dress watches are nice but I rarely need to wear one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by SubVette; February 2nd, 2015 at 20:40.

Quote Originally Posted by SubVette View Post
    Selling my Parnis moon phase date on Ebay. Found a Seagull I wanted, ordered it. I only want one watch of this style. I don't even own a suit so although many many dress watches are nice but I rarely need to wear one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    What's the eBay auction number? Pm.me with it please.

Somewhere in the previous 24 pages, seller WenPing1970 from the Bay gets a few positive mentions. She gets my thumbs up, too. I bought a Parnis similar to post 241 above.

# Fantastic friendly communication before I decided to buy.
    # I paid, the item was sent super fast and she gave me a great postage deal.
    # Two months later the watch stopped working. I know the risk - that's just par(nis) for the course.
    # The ebay ad said returns only accepted after 14 days, or some-such short period, much shorter than the elapsed period before I claimed.
    # Wenping1970 wanted to resolve it immediately. Yes, I paid postage to send back to Guangzhou. Great communication all the way.
    # Watch replaced. Really fast turnaround.

Credit where it's due. I'm not trying to advertise for WenPing. I'm adding a testimonial for the benefit of anyone considering this route. I accept that WenPing may not have yet earned the same credibility of the sellers on Ric's opening post.
    chicolabronse likes this.

Zerin which shop did you see this at? Browsed through Jackson, Getat and few others I can't see it.

I ordered 2 Parnis watches from Wilson @ parniswatch dot net. He gave me 5% off for buying 2 and I took the OP's advice on using EMS. Roughly 3 weeks later (not bad) my package arrived but contained only one watch. He's been a consistently good communicator typically replying within one day, if not faster. I notified him of the "missing" watch and he asked for a photo of the package, which clearly stated a quantity of "1" on the label. I offered to just accept a refund on that watch instead of making him pay out of pocket to ship the second one because I have 3 more watches in the air at the moment and could use the money. He refunded me within a matter of hours.

As for the quality of the product, I am pleasantly surprised! It's very nice and has already received some great compliments. Aside from the mixup, the experience was great and I recommend giving them a try if you're in the market.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423554184.997655.jpg
Views: 2722
Size:  238.3 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423554194.215478.jpg
Views: 2713
Size:  207.8 KB
    Zodiac ZMX-02, Armida A8, Maratac Large Pilot, Makara Hawksbill Sea Turtle Maroon, Helgray Skyfighter, Citizen Nighthawk, Alpina Startimer, Vratislavia Conceptum Heritage Chronograph v.3, Stuckx Panda Bull, Raven Vintage 42, Christopher Ward C70 VW4, Casio MDV-106, Seiko Recraft SNKN01, Seiko SNDF93, Vratislavia Conceptum Youngtimer, Seiko SRPA21 (PADI Turtle).

Has anyone bought a watch from Parnis Watches USA? I see their prices are now favorable compared to HK vendors. They also claim Sapphire crystal, but don't list what movements are in the watches. It would be nice to avoid the shipping wait and uncertainty, but not looking to get a lemon or misrepresentation of components.
    Last edited by Weston1; February 10th, 2015 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by swissgmt View Post
    I posted earlier in this thread and finally ordered my 39mm Explorer I style watch on 2 Dec 13 from 2011lingling68 on the 'bay.
    Shipped 8 Dec 13, and arrived very well packaged on 23 Dec 13. Couldn't be happier! Great looking, solid watch that is running +5 sec/day for the past couple of days. I'm wearing it as I type this and am very pleased.

I jumped into the PPPR pool and ordered from this same seller (2011lingling68). They shipped quick as well and it got here today.

Met the post office person, signed for it, gleefully (yet gently) opened the amazing packing job.

Inside was a watch that was even a bit better looking than I thought it would be....

Except it was the wrong watch.

Correct model, wrong color.

I ordered this guy:

(that's actually a photo of another user's PPPR; I did order a similar band for mine)

I got this guy:

(ignore my fingerprint on the dial plastic =) )

Blue vs Grey.

(American) Civil War analogies aside, I opened the watch in dark area, but the color difference was so stark, I initially thought there was something wrong with my eyes.

It is a damned good looking watch but I had my heart set on the blue faced gem (affectionately called "Chewie Bluie" around here).

I contacted the seller for exchange but I got the Chinese New Year away notice. Annnd they offer 14 day return policy.

Guess how many days the seller will be gone? =)

Hopefully I do hear something in the next few days. I still want that Bluie.

I must say the seller was quite communicative when I made the purchase and to be completely honest I think this was just a mistake in terms of shipping. It happens; happens with Amazon, happens with other retailers; there might be better recourse and as I said, the color difference in a busy office before the holidays may not have been noticed. So I'm not going to fly off with bad reviews and be bitter.

Stuff happens. It's usually not personal.

That said it does seem to look good, run well and if recourse with the seller doesn't look so hot to me if anyone is interested in swapping this grey faced wonder with brushed dials for that Bluie... I might be all ears.

Good luck!
    Last edited by metagawd; February 13th, 2015 at 02:24.

Bad pic but i picked up the sub also. It is excellent. This one has the miyota 8215
    Name:  20150210_190157.jpg
Views: 2870
Size:  1,021.9 KB
    Markoni BG likes this.

Hi guys,

Any word on this store? Prices are higher than the stores in the 1st post, but they ship from the EU (apparently)?

LIV MORRIS - LIV MORRIS

And since we're on that subject, how about this piece? Can i expect it to be the same as any other Parnis? The price seems somewhat high, but i quite like the quirkyness of it...

PARNIS SKULL 4001 - LIV MORRIS

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information