Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 26
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

After reading up everything I could find on the internet about these watches I decided on a seller to use. The website is http://www.parniswatch.net/ . My decision was based off a few e-mails I sent to a few different sellers. Some e-mails went unanswered and some replies were a few days after I sent my original e-mail. Wilson from Parniswatch.net however was quick to reply on the same day. This may seem a little fickle but after reading some more good reviews about dealing with Wilson I decided thatís who I wanted to do business with. Wilson was prompt in answering all my questions including any I had after placing my order. I choose free shipping by the way. I wanted to find out how long sea transport takes versus air mail. Not to mention shipping at 1/3rd the cost of the watch seemed silly since I was not in a hurry. I have read stories that sea transport can take one to two months however I do not know if this is true. Order history was as follows:

Ordered watch on February 1st from parniswatch.net

Order was confirmed on February 2nd.

The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 8-Feb-2015

Delivered, Your item was delivered at 12:18 pm on February 21, 2015 in TX .

Three weeks to get to me and I donít think thatís bad at all for free shipping. My watch came in wrapped in a heavy amount of bubble wrap. The watch itself was wrapped in plastic inside of two additional plastic zip lock type bags. Upon inspection I can tell you that these newbie eyes cannot spot any flaws. The watch looks amazing!

First thing I did was set the time.

Crown seems to work without any extra effort (read some people complain about difficulties of tightening the crown).
    Next I took out a few links to size the watch properly. There were two links that did seem to be stripped and I had to gently punch out the screws. I checked every screw after and found the rest of the links to be perfect so no biggie. For the links that were perfect the screws just come right out as you unscrew.

The dial is extremely black which is nice considering the Rolex Explorer has a deep black dial that seems to suck in light from any nearby light source. There is no comparison but I am still happy with just how black the dial is.

I have read complaints about the bracelet and/or clasp but I donít see anything wrong with it. The clasp opens and closes with a snap. The links for the most part move effortlessly. The alloy is solid and heavy. I will say it must be a softer alloy and scratches very easily.

As many have said the worse thing about the watch is the lume. This is not at all a deal breaker. Maybe after I get the courage and a few more watches under my belt I will add on stronger lume. There are plenty of YouTube tutorial videos on it.

Also you can hear the winding mechanism if you shake your hand. Some people have made note of the noise however this is my first automatic watch and donít have anything to compare it to. Also I find sound entertaining. The sound is faint by the way and others around you will not be able to hear it. Also how many times do you shake your hand vigorously unless youíre doing jazz hands?

Let me sum this up. I pad $95 with free shipping. It took three weeks to get to me. I think it looks great! No complaints as of yet. The only other watches I have owned are Timex at half the cost. As long as I get twice the life span as my Timex watches Iíll be happy. I am a consumer who is well aware of we get what we pay for. This watch is right up my alley but if your use to wearing high end watches in the thousands or higher hundreds than maybe this watch isnít for you. I for one am happy with this watch and Iím currently deciding on what Parnis watch to purchase next from Wilson.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The more I wear it the more I want another parnis =)
    Last edited by Popcorn Lung; February 26th, 2015 at 07:47.

I just got this off the bay & its the only one I have seen with a panerai style case and trench like lugs and I luv the movement in it & very accurate aswell
    Using Tapatalk

Banned

Lot of good info in this thread. Can anyone tell me if is a trusted seller of these watches?
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; March 15th, 2015 at 23:11. Reason: please review our rules regarding MM branded watches

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
    Lot of good info in this thread. Can anyone tell me if is a trusted seller of these watches?
    Don't think i've ever seen that site.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; March 15th, 2015 at 23:11. Reason: link removed
    EMG -- hked -- Seiko -- Deep blue -- Alpha

^ I don't think we're even allowed to discuss that topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnny View Post
    ^ I don't think we're even allowed to discuss that topic here.
    +1 i'm surprised the forum never blocked that link
    Last edited by chicolabronse; March 15th, 2015 at 23:16.
    EMG -- hked -- Seiko -- Deep blue -- Alpha

As of today, what is the best website to use to buy a parnis? I'm trying to find this one...Name:  parnis.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  57.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinarySean View Post
    As of today, what is the best website to use to buy a parnis? I'm trying to find this one...Name:  parnis.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  57.3 KB
    There is a list in the thread with reputable Parnis dealers. YOu should keep in mind that the white seems to be only in 40MM assuming you want that size. Also they dont always list the movement in the 40mm. The white with power reserve meter at Mabushijie (who is a good dealer) has a Seagull movement. Maybe someone else can give more insight, but I'm pretty sure with the Parnis Auto's you want a Seagull movement. Daji is also a good vendor. Make sure you sign up on on the websites or you don't see the lower "wholsale" price whice is much lower. Daji is also on Ebay and if you look up Dajiwatch on facebook you can get his ebay link which is under a different name. Daji seems to be the biggest Parnis seller on Ebay based on feedback and they have good quality control.
    Last edited by Weston1; March 16th, 2015 at 21:34.

Wow, I can't thank you enough for the information. If I may ask, who do you use personally when purchasing these watches?

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information