Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 28
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by laoneill View Post
    @ delco714 - Awesome watch. Was looking at Getat's site. What specific watch & band is this? I want to replicate your purchase exactly.
    this was a Getat
    Item no. Name Qty Price Amount
    mm44 (C3) 1:1 MM 44mm Black Dial with C3 Superlume Watch
    Buckle Style : Pre-V
    Case Option :
    Brushed, Polished Bezel w/ Sapphire
    Hands Colour : Black w/ White second
    Movement : Normal Stainless Steel
    Strap Option : Hazel Gray / beige stitch 1 USD 165.00 / set USD 165.00

:)
    1) Invicta Signature Pro Diver 7042 on Watchadoo brushed SS bracelet
    2) Casio Databank CA53W-1 Calculator Watch
    3) Hamilton Langdon circa 1948-1952 on gold-filled Speidel bracelet
    4) Bulova Precisionist Champlain Rose Gold 98B152
    5) Luminox 3051.BO Black Out (Navy SEALs edition)
    6) Steinhart B-Uhr Bronze 47mm
    7) Omega Planet Ocean 45mm 232.30.46.21.01.001
    8) Borealis Sea Dragon White/Steel
    In order of acquired. Numerous previously owned.

guys i need help!! i have a MM 47mm submariner bronzo homage.. the crown guard screw fell off and got lost!!! how do i get more screws?!! :(
    1) Invicta Signature Pro Diver 7042 on Watchadoo brushed SS bracelet
    2) Casio Databank CA53W-1 Calculator Watch
    3) Hamilton Langdon circa 1948-1952 on gold-filled Speidel bracelet
    4) Bulova Precisionist Champlain Rose Gold 98B152
    5) Luminox 3051.BO Black Out (Navy SEALs edition)
    6) Steinhart B-Uhr Bronze 47mm
    7) Omega Planet Ocean 45mm 232.30.46.21.01.001
    8) Borealis Sea Dragon White/Steel
    In order of acquired. Numerous previously owned.

Hi Watchfellas.

Great piece from Ric, Thanks for writing and for all the information.

I recently took a punt on a Parnis, albeit a "top end" model with Sapphire glass and a Miyota engine, and when it arrived I have to say that I was blown away by the quality and finish.

I have enclosed a picture, after I had changed the strap for a good quality silicone black with white stitching 22mm number. The watch doesn't seem to have a model name or number. It's pretty chunky at 43mm without the crown, and has vintage style Snowflake hands, and a funky 70's style bezel. It feels very well made, and I'm overall very impressed. This model is relatively new, I think, and is available on the 'bay in the UK for around £145. If anybody does knw the name of this one, I'd be interested to know? It's almost a Black Bay tribute... With a funky bezel insert.

Name:  20150415_124524.jpg
Views: 4012
Size:  574.4 KB

I have another Parnis on order, this time a Marina Militare "homage" handwinding, 44mm. This one is coming from China, so I'll report back on that experience once I've received it.

ATB,

Matt.D.

"Buy the ticket, Take the ride"
    Hidden Content

was thinking of picking up a GMT-sub Parnis down the line a little bit, but i'm a little confused about Parnis' status on this board. here's this thread, yet the 2nd post states "that there's to be *no* discussion of replica watches, whether for or against".

So which is it, enjoy the thread, or "*no* discussion of replica watches"? i'm honestly not trying to start something, i'm genuinely confused.
    (just a) timetellinnoob
    SEIKO: SNDA67, SKX779, SKX007 (mod), SNZG15, SKX-PMMM, 6309-7040 (12/1980 rfrb/mod),
    7002-7000 (7/91 Loy's), SRP227 (mod)
    , SNXS79, SSC031, SNKL45, SNX993 (mod),
    SARB033 SPIRIT, PROSPEX SRP775 (mod),
    THE LATEST: PROSPEX SRP773 (mod)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by timetellinnoob View Post
    was thinking of picking up a GMT-sub Parnis down the line a little bit, but i'm a little confused about Parnis' status on this board. here's this thread, yet the 2nd post states "that there's to be *no* discussion of replica watches, whether for or against".

So which is it, enjoy the thread, or "*no* discussion of replica watches"? i'm honestly not trying to start something, i'm genuinely confused.
    Parnis doesn't make "replica" watches, it makes homage watches. Their watches either have the Parnis name or are unbranded (sterile).

Quote Originally Posted by dfl3506 View Post
    Parnis doesn't make "replica" watches, it makes homage watches. Their watches either have the Parnis name or are unbranded (sterile).
    so it's just about the semantics...
    (just a) timetellinnoob
    SEIKO: SNDA67, SKX779, SKX007 (mod), SNZG15, SKX-PMMM, 6309-7040 (12/1980 rfrb/mod),
    7002-7000 (7/91 Loy's), SRP227 (mod)
    , SNXS79, SSC031, SNKL45, SNX993 (mod),
    SARB033 SPIRIT, PROSPEX SRP775 (mod),
    THE LATEST: PROSPEX SRP773 (mod)

No. The problem comes when someone talks about or posts a picture of a watch that has a name on the dial but wasn't made by that company or entity that owns the trademark.
    lovebandit likes this.

To expand, watch companies can't protect the look of a watch. As an example, you can make a watch that looks exactly like a Rolex. But, you can't legally put the name Rolex on the watch, unless you are Rolex.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

The 'semantics' has arisen from the unfortunate common habit of whitewashing counterfeits as 'replica' instead of saying it like it is; 'fake'. Therefore, in order to be easily understood, Ric said 'replica' to mean an illegal copy of an existing trademarked property.

So in the context of, for example, Panerai-style watches sold by popular Parnis dealers; if the dial says 'Parnis' or is unsigned, then it is OK, whereas if it says 'Panerai' or 'Marina Militare' (a phrase registered to Panerai in the context of watch dial markings) then it is a fake/counterfeit/illegal.

Obviously having more original design content is preferable, but all we are cracking down on here at Watchuseek is actual illegal activity, not what this member or that regard as morally inappropriate.
    Ric Capucho, domoon and GUTuna like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    The 'semantics' has arisen from the unfortunate common habit of whitewashing counterfeits as 'replica' instead of saying it like it is; 'fake'. Therefore, in order to be easily understood, Ric said 'replica' to mean an illegal copy of an existing trademarked property.

So in the context of, for example, Panerai-style watches sold by popular Parnis dealers; if the dial says 'Parnis' or is unsigned, then it is OK, whereas if it says 'Panerai' or 'Marina Militare' (a phrase registered to Panerai in the context of watch dial markings) then it is a fake/counterfeit/illegal.

Obviously having more original design content is preferable, but all we are cracking down on here at Watchuseek is actual illegal activity, not what this member or that regard as morally inappropriate.
    What he said...

And consider this: same watch, same movement, same quality, same worker, same production line, different batch; print Parnis on one batch, leave the next batch unbranded, print a copyrighted logo of a famous Swiss brand on the last batch. The first two are good to go via Ebay distributors, whilst the last goes onto the streets of Hong Kong to sell to tourists. Sad to say, but that's the truth of what goes on.

Ric

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information