Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 30
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post
    No you don't.

A proper analysis would get me into replica discussion territory, and hence banned. So as I said do your own research and see where it goes to. Weston and dfl3506 I assume that your hearts are in the right place, and you assume innocent unless proven and all that. Fair enough.

Seek and ye shall find, chaps.

Ric
    What a weak cop-out! No analysis needed just some evidence to back up your statement, which we both know you don't have. However, I am happy to be proven wrong, just send me your evidence as a PM and then you run no risk of being banned. Right?
    Last edited by dfl3506; May 26th, 2015 at 00:08.
    lovebandit likes this.

Hi guys,

I purchased the parnis gmt from bluesky537 from eBay which I believe is the famous man bush guy. After a couple of days, I noticed the date only moves half way. When I rotate the dial manually (to adjust the time), it corrected itself (shows the full date on the date window) around 10PM but then when it reaches 12AM, the date only move half-way. The watch itself keeps good time so far (+10 sec in a week). I can adjust it manually every day, by turning the crown forward (like when you adjusting the date) to get the full date in view, but it's just annoying.

Anyone has any issue with date window in Parnis watch? Is this basically a mechanical issue, hence, nothing I can do OR just something misaligned that I can take to the watch repair shop to fix it?

Thank you all. This is a great thread by the way.

Cheers.

Smile Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

this post is still here , really nice
    Last edited by EE-Elaine; July 23rd, 2015 at 10:57.

maybe you can try to contact the seller to get some help

Quote Originally Posted by tissotguy View Post
    Hi guys,

I purchased the parnis gmt from bluesky537 from eBay which I believe is the famous man bush guy. After a couple of days, I noticed the date only moves half way. When I rotate the dial manually (to adjust the time), it corrected itself (shows the full date on the date window) around 10PM but then when it reaches 12AM, the date only move half-way. The watch itself keeps good time so far (+10 sec in a week). I can adjust it manually every day, by turning the crown forward (like when you adjusting the date) to get the full date in view, but it's just annoying.

Anyone has any issue with date window in Parnis watch? Is this basically a mechanical issue, hence, nothing I can do OR just something misaligned that I can take to the watch repair shop to fix it?

Thank you all. This is a great thread by the way.

Cheers.

yes , out of stock for long ....

Quote Originally Posted by EE-Elaine View Post
    this post is still here , really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Perco View Post
    Hi guys,
    Im new on this forum

I'd like to buy this watch (parnis, with seagull movement)
    Attachment 1643888
    I've been looking for it on every websites mentionned on this post, but couln't find it. Anyone has any idea on where to find it ? Thanks

Name:  20150724_103945.jpg
Views: 2543
Size:  434.5 KB

As requested - sorry for the delay, I haven't been paying attention!

"Buy the ticket, Take the ride"
    Hidden Content

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D. View Post

As requested - sorry for the delay, I haven't been paying attention!
    Looks great, very tempted to get the red bezel, but baulk at paying $200 for one.

Quote Originally Posted by EE-Elaine View Post
    maybe you can try to contact the seller to get some help
    Yup. I actually did. He recommended me to take it to my local shop to inspect, which I did. The guy at the shop told me that most likely the gear has worn out. He also mentioned that the movement is not common so it may be expensive to get and he doesn't know how long it takes to order. I understand it is a cheap watch, don't really expect a lot from the watch but at least a fully working watch when you purchase it new

So, I emailed the seller back and he apologized for the issue and ask to send the watch back. I was ready to just get another one, since it's a hassle to send the watch back and the time to go back and forth. He was nice enough to offer me to pay the shipping charge to ship the watch back. As he is nice enough to do that, I took it upon myself to show him how much would it cost to ship the item back...which is quite high from the US for registered mail (around $30). He said not to worry and just ship it back, even though he was really surprise on how much the shipping cost was. I was surprise with his response and taken aback on how great the service is for this watch He probably could try to sell me another watch for lower price to cover the issue I'm having.

Long story short - I shipped the watch back. Took about a week to reach China, but another week to reach his place. The tracking stopped as soon as the parcel arrived in China which worries me a bit. I was not able to track the package to the final destination. Closer to the end of the 2nd week, I received an email from him that he received the watch and will look into it. A couple of hours later, he sent another email that a new watch is in the mail with tracking number provided

Got the new watch back a week later and here are some pictures

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1231.JPG 
Views:	1537 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	4760362Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1230.JPG 
Views:	1526 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	4760370

Name:	IMG_1440.JPG 
Views:	1491 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	4760330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1439.JPG 
Views:	1470 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	4760338

Name:	IMG_1435.JPG 
Views:	1503 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	4760354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1437.JPG 
Views:	1505 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	4760346

The difference from the first watch I received:
    • the date window, ofcourse is now fully working
    • the lume (not great) but on the old watch some of the hour markers were missing the lume This is not a big deal at all for me but maybe this one actually went to QC
    • the new watch run slow for about 6 sec/day and somewhat steady after 5 days (keep the lost between -28 to -30 secs) of about 8 hrs of daily wear (not really active wear as I have a desk job). Put it in different positions to hopefully make it faster (I prefer faster), but no difference. Any suggestion?

The not so great lume, oh well at least they're all there

Name:	IMG_1479.jpg 
Views:	1476 
Size:	716.9 KB 
ID:	4760450

What a great overall experience and yes I did received the full amount of shipping credited to my account.

Cheers.

Confused Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

I think that this parnis model is offered with a myota movement for $30 more. I am wondering which movement the watch has. I think you said the movement was rare according to the watchsmith that you brought it to.

Quote Originally Posted by dfl3506 View Post
    Looks great, very tempted to get the red bezel, but baulk at paying $200 for one.
    I know what you're saying, but this is a a "top -end" model. It has the Miyota super reliable movement, sapphire glass, and just feels very well put together. I have another, cheaper Parnis, and the build quality difference is easily worth the extra money - Hope this helps you.

Also, I'm wondering if this particular model is a limited edition? i ask as mine has the nuber 187 engraved on the back of the case, whereas the only other pictures I've seen feature different 3 digit numbers.

ATB,

Matt.

"Buy the ticket, Take the ride"
    Hidden Content

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information